Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    This seems to kind of work for me (the light comes on randomly) but it doesn't seem to go off after I read a message and has no real correlation to whats happening on the phone - sometimes it comes on when there is no message...
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    so far so good. the light has come on when sending multiple texts and turns off once i read the text. I wonder if leaving the light on damages the light? Just figured out the light turns off if you do a gesture.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    This seems to kind of work for me (the light comes on randomly) but it doesn't seem to go off after I read a message and has no real correlation to whats happening on the phone - sometimes it comes on when there is no message...
    Same thing here after a bit more testing. It comes on every time I turn the phone on even - with no messages.
  4.    #44  
    ualdayan found a mistake in my writeup on the directory structure. The scripts folder should be in app/, and I've updated the original post accordingly.
  5.    #45  
    Ok, the phone behaves VERY DIFFERENTLY when not charging. All of my development was done when the phone was plugged in via USB.

Off of USB the locking and power saving modes cause the phone to behave in very strange ways.

I've got real work to do this afternoon, but will do some debugging tonight to see what's actually being called when the system powers off. I suspect the screen locking mechanism is somehow invoking the message notification API.
    Last edited by Keegan99; 07/07/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    Ah, I can see the ad campaing now: "Palm Pre, the phone for Linux admins." Others need not apply.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #47  
    Anyone know anything about the palm powerd daemon? or powerd.conf? or /sys/user_hw/pins?

Or how to prevent the LED (or any device on the Pre) from being powered down?

Last edited by Keegan99; 07/07/2009 at 06:59 PM.
    I really think all this is super awesome. I am keeping names though. Just want to know who will be the first to complain about bettery drainage. LOL j/j

Keep up the good work guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    Ok, the phone behaves VERY DIFFERENTLY when not charging. All of my development was done when the phone was plugged in via USB.

Off of USB the locking and power saving modes cause the phone to behave in very strange ways.

I've got real work to do this afternoon, but will do some debugging tonight to see what's actually being called when the system powers off. I suspect the screen locking mechanism is somehow invoking the message notification API.
    I just noticed it is blinking on and off every few minutes... even after I cleared the notification.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10.    #50  
    I just noticed it is blinking on and off every few minutes... even after I cleared the notification.
    Yea, clearing the notification doesn't clear the LED.

What you're seeing is the system temporarily 'wake up' to perform various tasks and the LED comes alive as a result.
    Anything we can change in the script to get it to stop?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

12.    #52  
    Working on that right now, actually.

Try this.

in the scripts/ directory where led_on.sh resides, create led_off.sh:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    echo "0" >/sys/class/leds/core_navi_center/brightness
    In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllersdashboardMessage-assistant.jsjsjs $change$ $the$ $DashboardMessageAssistant$.$prototype$.$cleanup$ $function$ $as$ $follows$:

Code:
    DashboardMessageAssistant.prototype.cleanup = function() {
            this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://org.webosinternals.shell', {
                    method: 'runCmd',
                            parameters: {
                                    cmd: '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/scripts/led_off.sh'}
            });

// If the dashboard is unloaded then wipe out our data
            this.dashboardData.list.length = 0;
            this.messageInfoElement.removeEventListener(Mojo.Event.tap, this.tapHandler);
    };
    This will turn the LED off when a message is cleared from the dashboard. Note that if you have text message notifications from different contacts, clearing just one will clear the LED. Uncleared notifications will not result in the LED remaining on.
    once this is finetuned, would be awesome if someone made this an app thats installable without rooting, or incorporated into an existing program such as MyNotifications...
  14.    #54  
    Major outstanding issue at the moment is the system turning off the LED when the Pre goes into a suspended state.

If anyone has more info about the power management system, I'd be very grateful.
    I'll reroot later and try it out, thanks!

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    Major outstanding issue at the moment is the system turning off the LED when the Pre goes into a suspended state.

If anyone has more info about the power management system, I'd be very grateful.
    Well powerd put the whole phone in a suspended state and only center things can power it out of it like phone's radio, slide up and power switch etc. just as in a regular computer. I would concur that you would have to rework it to keep that part on since powerd has control over it.
  17.    #57  
    Yea, I'm wondering if there are some settings for powerd to exempt certain devices.

Doesn't appear to be anything like that in powerd.conf...
    I did the led off script but it is still randomly turning on and off even with cleared notifications.

anyone still working on this?
    I guess I will ead next time before coping and pasting all willy nilly. I hope you guys get it to work.....it would be great!
    600p > 650p > 700p > PRE
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast