Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Was not sure where exactly to put this since I can not start threads in the Homebrew App forum.

I want to request a "Drinktracker" app. Something where it would track our BAC levels. Something similar to this:

uncrate dot com/men/images/2009/07/drinktracker.jpg
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    That would be good until the point where I can no longer remember what drink I'm on!
  3.    #3  
    Maybe the screen flashes red or something triggers when you reach past 0.08 BAC which is the legal limit before Driving under the Influence kicks in here in California.
    How about a lightsaber app like the one on the iPhone?
    I just want a preferences app... Something with a wallswitcher, add/delete pages, ability to change backgrounds and colors. I keep wrecking my phone doing wallswitcher and have to redo everything over again each time.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I would love to see some Automotive apps to measure G-Forces, speed, performance, etc.

Profile: Automotive performance apps for the iPhone Review | Software | iPhone Central | Macworld
    lol shogun that would be an awesome app to have
    I want location aware wifi/ringer/aim/maybesomeotherstuff but that's all atm. I HATE having to find out that wifis been on all day and aim and gtalk are on (still kills battery) when my battery's at 20%.
    How about some soundboards?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    How about some bluetooth apps? My Sony Ericsson (non-smart phone) had the ability to remote control my computer via bluetooth (basically act like a mouse). I miss that feature!! I'm hoping the bluetooth profile in the Pre can be updated and someone will develop that app soon.
    GPS based reminders. Example: I need to pick up something from the grocery store on my way home, but I dont know when I get off of work. Set a location based reminder (maybe via google maps?) so that when I drive past or near the grocery store, the Pre alerts me. I believe the iPhone has some apps similar to this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prasamaccus View Post
    I just want a preferences app... Something with a wallswitcher, add/delete pages, ability to change backgrounds and colors.
    I second this with a passion
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun_ryu View Post
    Was not sure where exactly to put this since I can not start threads in the Homebrew App forum.

I want to request a "Drinktracker" app. Something where it would track our BAC levels. Something similar to this:

uncrate dot com/men/images/2009/07/drinktracker.jpg
    why don't you just use the memo pad to record how many drinks you had? Everyone is affected differently when drinking. Some people will blow over the legal limit after 2 beers while others can have up to 8. There is not a BAC meter built into the Pre so it will not be accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    why don't you just use the memo pad to record how many drinks you had? Everyone is affected differently when drinking. Some people will blow over the legal limit after 2 beers while others can have up to 8. There is not a BAC meter built into the Pre so it will not be accurate.
    Wow... there IS a way to calculate this fairly accurately based on weight/gender...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Wow... there IS a way to calculate this fairly accurately based on weight/gender...
    thank you! This is what I was getting at. There is a general scale that calculates based on weight/gender, drinks consumed and time elapsed.
    I'd like to be able to analyze wifi networks on it.

I'm pretty sure engadget is claiming there will be some kind of USB drive that can attach to the palm? Seems like this could be homebrewed. I'm actually curious what would happen it I get a gender changer or two and plug one in now....

A garmin map reader of some sort would be sweet for backpacking.

enhanced camera functions like white balance or a timer would be sweet.

The ability to switch to landscape in any app would be nice

An on screen inclinometer might be cool, although I can't imagine when I'd really use it... maybe for offroading?

An app that constantly searches for wifi networks and marks them on Google maps might be useful so if you for instance need a solid connection you can pull up where the closest hotspot is.
    Actually, there are probably websites with lists already. I should just bookmark one.

The ability to do other things with the USB port... you can for instance attach some instruments to the Ti83+ calc. so why not weather or temperature instrumentation or an OBDCII reader app.

The ability to play .avi files would be much appreciated.

I suppose Sprint might have objections to a bittorrent client ... oh well
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Windows Mobile has a bittorrent app app and I use it frequently. That would be nice to have on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    GPS based reminders. Example: I need to pick up something from the grocery store on my way home, but I dont know when I get off of work. Set a location based reminder (maybe via google maps?) so that when I drive past or near the grocery store, the Pre alerts me. I believe the iPhone has some apps similar to this.
    I hadn't even thought of that one. That would be really cool and HANDY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    There's always this in the meantime.
    how bout a drum machine app! with a sequencer!! please? lol

Maybe a VLC port?

a podcast app the can actually download your podcast straight to the device and remember where it was last played..

just a few ideas..
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast