Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post

also, a poker tournament manager would be another good, simple one...with a timer for blinds and money management and such.

damn, i really need a Pre.
    ThIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!! MAKE IT NOW!!

I would just settle for any new app right now... its been a while since the last official app and/or homebrew app. WTF?!?!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    That is true!

How about a music tuner? Great for guitar, bass, piano, violin, whatevers!
    +1 for the guitar tuner. Not one that only gives tones, but one that uses the Pre's mic to tell if you're in tune or not.

gtuner is one of the few apps I miss from my WM devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    - RSS Reader + (It would scroll your RSS feeds across the home screen, if you see something you're interested in reading, just tap it to open browser).
    derrickisONLINE
    Try reader.google.com (syncs between mobile & desktop). THE favorite website of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pshah View Post
    An app that reads the contacts every day and sends a Birthday Text message based on the mm/dd set on the birthday
    A lot of people have requested this for Google Calendar, which Palm syncs with by default, but I second this request. Datemate on PalmOS was a great example.
    App to add auto-correct entries, which can also be used to add text shortcuts (e.g., .em for your email address). I've manually added entries via root, but it'd be nice to do it on the fly (even with reboot), rather than from a desktop.
    A decent IRC app like Pocket IRC, unless someone can find me a working Classic app that is less flaky than Mibbit.

I miss that and the finance tracker on my Treo. It's not the same to track my spending in notes, and Evernote loads too slow for me to quickly type in what I'm spending where. I like not having to take my checkbook with me to track everything. Yes, I am one of those people who checks everything against my Online banking statement.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    - golf gps (ericwest over in the development forum is working on this, hopefully there is a breakthrough soon. Golf season only has a few months left)

-vpn? don't know if you guys are into networking but i set up a vpn with Himachi. it was huge, no i can access my home computer files from any other computer. If i could do this on the pre, awesome. I don't quite get the orb streaming yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbolster View Post
    USB Flash stick reader
    I did try this at work.

Kind off...

I have a USB cable with different ends that can go on either side of the cable so I put a micro USB on one end and a female type A on the other, plugged it into my Pre and plugged my microSD reader into the other end.

Nothing.

BUT....
    When I used to cable to charge from my laptop it acted like I plugged it into a charger... it never gave me the sync/USB drive/Just charge menu so I suspect even if rigging the cable like that could work, it won't with that cable for whatever reason.
    I was wondering if someone would be able to write an app similar to the iPray app found on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

www guidedways com/mobile/ipray/download_ipray.php
    Quote Originally Posted by omes000 View Post
    I was wondering if someone would be able to write an app similar to the iPray app found on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

www guidedways com/mobile/ipray/download_ipray.php
    Hey!

I'm actually working on something like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey!

I'm actually working on something like this!
    Yes! That's awesome! Please let me know how it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mode View Post
    How about a lightsaber app like the one on the iPhone?
    see my website in the signature... this will be released soon
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    How about going through the apps for the iphone and just make a counter-app for the pre.

14. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    app to make earpiece/speaker louder than what the phone limits it to
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    App to function as a Windows MCE remote over Bluetooth.
    A photo editing app would rock, that has photo filters kinda like all the apps on the iphone. Thats really all i miss about having my old iphone.
    Originally posted by palmcrash:
    App to add auto-correct entries, which can also be used to add text shortcuts (e.g., .em for your email address). I've manually added entries via root, but it'd be nice to do it on the fly (even with reboot), rather than from a desktop.
    This app already exist as a beta homebrew created by rhong. It's AutoCorrectEdit and it does exactly what you're requesting.

Now that I have AutoCorrect, I'd also like a text completer app like PalmOS users had with TextPlus and Windows Mobile had with WordLogic. It would help with spelling and save keystrokes.
    Sorry if this has been requested...

How about a dice rolling app? not the D&D one, a six sided dice app. It would let us choose how many dice to cast (1-6 is probably enough). Shake to roll would be nice.

I actually have a need for this. Apparently all of the dice from my old board games are gone. I could have used an app like this last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    GPS based reminders. Example: I need to pick up something from the grocery store on my way home, but I dont know when I get off of work. Set a location based reminder (maybe via google maps?) so that when I drive past or near the grocery store, the Pre alerts me. I believe the iPhone has some apps similar to this.
    +1
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm sure there's gotta be others looking for a Metronome app, as a musician I was using the one on my 755p all the time.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast