Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    How about a better alarm app? One that allows you to adjust the snooze time. 5 mins isn't enough for a snooze. I like my extra 15 mins. Maybe making the buttons bigger as well so we can access them easily while groggy. This isn't so much of an issue for me but I have seen others think the buttons are too small. Having to unlock the phone prior to snoozing isn't an issue for me but bothers others.
    Having to unlock my phone before hitting snooze is definitely an annoyance for me. When the alarm goes off the phone should automatically unlock. And, in my opinion, the buttons SHOULD be larger. say, 3/4 of the screen for "SNOOZE" and 1/4 of the screen for "DISMISS". That way it's easier to snooze than to cancel the alarm making it less likely to accidentally dismiss and then wake up late.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    Not really a bug, but the lockscreen now...I've dialed 911 so many times they probably want to arrest me. It's too easy to hit the EMERGENCY number and dial 911. Especially when you're streaming Pandora in your car, and you go to thumb a song up or down but first have to unlock the phone all while driving. You then accidentally hit EMERGENCY. And damn it we're connecting to 911.

1. Making it a little harder to hit EMERGENCY. Not so hard that by the time you figure out how to hit it...you've already been murdered. But I'm sure 911 has seen an influx since the Pre was released my wife said she dialed a few times too. So we can't be the only ones.
    Did you manually add a contact called "EMERGENCY" or something? None of what you mention sounds familiar to this Pre user.

On Topic:

- SSH Client

- Generic Jabber support, code is already there since that's what Google Talk uses. Just need a few additional options to specify server.
    Quote Originally Posted by falz View Post
    Did you manually add a contact called "EMERGENCY" or something? None of what you mention sounds familiar to this Pre user.

On Topic:

- SSH Client

- Generic Jabber support, code is already there since that's what Google Talk uses. Just need a few additional options to specify server.
    When you have your phone set to implement a passcode or password before unlocking there is an EMERGENCY button that allows anyone who finds your phone to call 911 without being able to access any other functionality of the phone.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'll third (or whatever) the call blocker app request. Lots of great ideas here. I wish I knew how to program... :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    Having to unlock my phone before hitting snooze is definitely an annoyance for me. When the alarm goes off the phone should automatically unlock. And, in my opinion, the buttons SHOULD be larger. say, 3/4 of the screen for "SNOOZE" and 1/4 of the screen for "DISMISS". That way it's easier to snooze than to cancel the alarm making it less likely to accidentally dismiss and then wake up late.
    I will second this request. I have "snoozed" mine only to wake up an hour later and find out I mistakenly hit the wrong button.
    If I can wake up enough to differentiate buttons, I may as well stay up.
    Request a Tethering program!
    Following Darth Mode, why dont we have a lightsaber app, but to activate the lightsaber, you have to slide open the keyboard, and then accelerometer for the noise
    Quote Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post

If I can wake up enough to differentiate buttons, I may as well stay up.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

DAM good point.

I don't have a Pre yet... but I definitely have to hit the snooze button on my Treo after being conscious enough to differentiate it from the other two.

By that time I'm laying in bed going "*sigh* why did I hit snooze... might as well have gotten up... well... time to make the snooze button do its work" and then I fall back asleep within a minute or two... only to be woken up 2 minutes later and repeat the process...

: /
    An app that reads the contacts every day and sends a Birthday Text message based on the mm/dd set on the birthday
    Quote Originally Posted by pshah View Post
    An app that reads the contacts every day and sends a Birthday Text message based on the mm/dd set on the birthday
    SERIOUSLY.

My Treo has a tiny little line on top of the Calendar based off of my Contact's Birthdays. I can't believe the Pre didn't have this. I was So dissappointed! Granted something that would automatically send out text messages is brilliant and would definitely be a third party app... I would REALLY like to see something that checks the birthday of each person and adds a little "all day" or "no time" event on the Pre reminding you that it's someone's birthday...

I already missed one of my friend's birthdays because I have a horrible memory, and I never check facebook and I expected my Pre to remind me...

For shame.
  11. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    If the pre had a metronome and full DocsToGo I could stop keeping my treo around.

Metronome please!
    Quote Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
    Incoming call blocker with whitelist/blacklist capabilities. Also ability to block unknown and private numbers.
    this one would be nice to
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun_ryu View Post
    Was not sure where exactly to put this since I can not start threads in the Homebrew App forum.

I want to request a "Drinktracker" app. Something where it would track our BAC levels. Something similar to this:

uncrate.com/men/images/2009/07/drinktracker.jpg
    I love uncrate.com I was thinking the same thing when i saw this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    SERIOUSLY.

My Treo has a tiny little line on top of the Calendar based off of my Contact's Birthdays. I can't believe the Pre didn't have this. I was So dissappointed! Granted something that would automatically send out text messages is brilliant and would definitely be a third party app... I would REALLY like to see something that checks the birthday of each person and adds a little "all day" or "no time" event on the Pre reminding you that it's someone's birthday...

I already missed one of my friend's birthdays because I have a horrible memory, and I never check facebook and I expected my Pre to remind me...

For shame.
    I had the same problem. someone on here figured out a work around. you can import your facebook birthdays into a google calender and sync them. i just opened up a google account and works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mode View Post
    How about some soundboards?
    Check out the Homebrew Apps section. Just added my first app: Soundboard.
    how about being able to use sprint navigator in landscape mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I had the same problem. someone on here figured out a work around. you can import your facebook birthdays into a google calender and sync them. i just opened up a google account and works great.
    Oh interesting, I didn't know you could import facebook birthdays to a google account? Thanks!

Kind of lame to find a work around for information already extracted and present on the Pre... : /
    An Alarm Clock with a vibrate function
  19. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Also a piano! If not some MIDI app somewhat advanced, then at least a piano to find pitches.
    Hmm... how bout like an equalizer app! For your music or maybe for all outgoing audio. Something so when i plug my phone into my home stereo system it doesnt sound like the bass is gonna blow my speakers... and my walls
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast