Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ok so i got an app from another user on an irc channel that was for usbnet and i have (attempted to) modded it to use ad-hoc sharing for use as a wifi tethering app.

BUT...

i can not get it to work.

From my understanding reading forums here and over at predevwiki wifi must be turned off from webOS before you can run the app because of a command that wakes up the wificard behind the scenes. but thats where my troubles start.

i dont know if my scripts are bad or if some other part of the app is incorrect, but i can't seem to find my mistake.

I am very new at deving for this phone and i have little linux/java experience.

Any help would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ahhh!! some please help this man. I neeed this app.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Hey just got back off vacation i should be able to help you out seeing that while i was gone they got CMD through javascript to work etc.... and with ad-hoc and masquerade it should get a webos app working asap after work.
    I just checked it out real quickly. Two things I found so far:

1. The app has to be installed to /var/usr/palm/applications/ as it uses absolute paths to the scripts.
    2. My pre didnt have the super user paths setup so I had to add them to /etc/profile

It's still not working, But its close.
    I believe there is already an app for wifi tethering in the main tethering thread.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    I believe there is already an app for wifi tethering in the main tethering thread.
    How about a link, that thread is wayyy too long.
    Excellent app. Works great, good to see webos developing... err being exploited so fast.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetawho View Post
    Excellent app. Works great, good to see webos developing... err being exploited so fast.
    what do you mean it works great. It doesn't work for me and i pieced it together.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I just checked it out real quickly. Two things I found so far:

1. The app has to be installed to /var/usr/palm/applications/ as it uses absolute paths to the scripts.
    2. My pre didnt have the super user paths setup so I had to add them to /etc/profile

It's still not working, But its close.
    super user paths?
    Quote Originally Posted by seekis View Post
    what do you mean it works great. It doesn't work for me and i pieced it together.
    Um Yeah, my bad... Didn't mean to post that here... Watching too many threads right now.
    Last edited by thetawho; 07/06/2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: bla
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Yes, but the existing app requires setting the ip address on the guest. (i.e. no dhcp)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Cool - just saw that your app supports dhcp now.. will have to upgrade EDIT - but .. err.. that's usb only right? the wifi tethering is a must for those of us with multiple mobile gadgets
    -mark
    Last edited by diomark; 07/06/2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i'm using aonic's app.

it's awesome.

thanks aonic!

btw, his app is for usb tethering right now.

tethering + charging = i like.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I like your app interface a lot better than mine. Maybe we could merge them and make one app that allows both usb and wifi tethering depending on user preference.

Would it be alright if I tried to blend the two?
    I'm already in the process of adding WiFi. The code to enable WiFi is no problem, i was just spending time re-factoring my code to support multiple views to have USB and WiFi separately. It's almost done, I'd say 2 hours of work left.

Quote Originally Posted by frank828 View Post
    btw, his app is for usb tethering right now.

tethering + charging = i like.
    My app also apparently works to enable tethering over bluetooth. You can just connect to your Pre via BT PAN and it tethers if you have my app enabled.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!