1.    #1  
    Hi,

I hope this is the place to post this request from the developers?

I used to use an app on my Treo 650 called Avantgo (avantgo.com which has now changed to AvantGo - Sybase Inc).

Avangto stated that they will no longer support mobile phones.

What the app did?

It was a way to receive news or magazine articles, download them and store them for 'off-line' reading.

I need this off-line reading because I used Avantgo to read my articles while on the nyc subway system while going to work.

Right now the only thing that sort of has this is the NY Times app, that allows you to save individual articles but you have to that manually for each article, not practical.

The Pre or Palm, I think believes that we will all be connected all the time but that's not always true.

Imagine if all the music we listen to was stored in the cloud (with synergy) a lot of us could not listen to our music on the way to work if you take underground transportation services such as the NYC Subway. But of course, our music is stored on our Pre locally.

Well, I want that for news and magazines, and I'm hoping that most of you remember what Avantgo was and how it worked.

Thank you for considering this request!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Handmark made a news app that I had on my instinct that would do a local update and cache all the sports and news. So when I would be in the subway I could read all the articles. I know they are making an app for the pre. The question is will it operate the same like it did on the instinct? Lets hope so