Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am needing someone to help me test a stopwatch/timer app that i'm working on. i have a phone, but it's my wife's, and for the life of me i can't convince her to let me install anything on her phone that involves "hacking" and i haven't gotten my development device yet. i've got it working the emulator, but i'm curious as to the performance on an actual device as well as how it handles being in the background or when the screen is turned off.

I plan on eventually releasing this on the app store, but i have to add more functionality as well as probably redesign the UI to make it look flashier before that can happen. as of right now it's just a working simple stopwatch/timer.

i only need one user. someone that can be easily reached through email, is willing to give detailed reports on the app on any issues as well as be able to give constructive criticism. Also someone that respects this is in dev, and i don't want it released or leaked until all the features i plan to add are done. please pm if interested.

cross posting from http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...timer-app.html because the other forum seems more for devs, and i need users. mod, if you want, can you delete the other forum.

[edit] prefer someone that has a experience with web dev, graphics editing, or ui design so that i can give constructive criticism with the code, graphics, and ui.

[edit2] since no one read this reply: please send me email info and i will send out the ipk. I must limit it the number of users because unfortunately, i am not allowed to distributed it per the SDK EULA. I eventually would like to be able to release this on the app store, and so I dont want to jeopardize my self by distributing it on here and violating the EULA.

funny thing is the sdk program even encourages end user testing by asking for volunteers on forums and bulletin boards to test the app before submitting to the app store. FYI, if you don't want the world to know your email, you can PM me.
    Last edited by sambao21; 07/09/2009 at 09:29 AM.
  2.    #2  
    here are some screenshots of it running in the emulator
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i'll be glad to help
    I'd be glad to help out.
    Lose the "select mode" giganto text on the first menu..the choices are obvious by the available buttons

Stop watch needs to havet least one lap function..where by pressing a "lap" button it splits off to an additional count of zero and continues...if you could have up to 3 that would be fantastic...

After selecting timer there should be anoher menu to choose count "up" or count "down

If you need iconography or themes lemme know.

Good Work!!!!!!

Detroitkruk
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    Lose the "select mode" giganto text on the first menu..the choices are obvious by the available buttons

Stop watch needs to havet least one lap function..where by pressing a "lap" button it splits off to an additional count of zero and continues...if you could have up to 3 that would be fantastic...

After selecting timer there should be anoher menu to choose count "up" or count "down

If you need iconography or themes lemme know.

Good Work!!!!!!

Detroitkruk
    thanks a lot for the suggestions. these are the exact type of constructive criticism i was referring to.

the giganto text initially was just a place holder. i was hoping for some nice looking icon or image to put there just for fun, but it's probably not necessary except for maybe a logo or something silly.

the split (aka lap) function is on my todo list. i would love to get some graphics for this. i haven't focused on that yet as i'm just making sure the core functionality is working.

these are the planned functionality thats on my to do list:

SPLIT TIMES IN STOPWATCH
    SAVE SPLIT TIMES
    SAVE LAST TIME ON STOPWATCH
    SAVE TIMERS (AKA CUSTOM PRESETS)
    LANDSCAPE MODE
    REVAMP THE LOOK TO BE MORE STYLISH
    i haven't thought about the count up feature. i'll have to think about the layout for that a little bit because i would need two time indicators. one for what to count up to, and the counter itself. i've actually never see a timer that did this before, could you explain the use case? my reason for the timer is just like when i set my oven timer to keep track of my grilling times, and i've only had ovens that counted down.
    Last edited by sambao21; 07/08/2009 at 08:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I can help as well. You should also include a feature that disables the auto off function. Many of the timers out there allow you to prevent the phone from sleeping while the timer is running if the user chooses the option
  8.    #8  
    please send me email info and i will send out the ipk. I must limit it the number of users because unfortunately, i am not allowed to distributed it per the SDK EULA. I eventually would like to be able to release this on the app store, and so I dont want to jeopardize my self by distributing it on here and violating the EULA.

funny thing is the sdk program even encourages end user testing by asking for volunteers on forums and bulletin boards to test the app before submitting to the app store.

[Edit] FYI, if you don't want the world to know your email, you can PM me.
    Last edited by sambao21; 07/08/2009 at 09:02 PM.
    my email is hax-da-hax0rz @ hotmail.com

i would love to test.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I would be more then happy to help test!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    pick me pick me.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hi, I'd love to help testing. I'm an engineer so I know how important beta and debug testing is, and would be willing to give appropriately detailed feedback.

I also need a countdown timer since I run quite a few timed experiments, and it's becoming cumbersome to constantly manually set the alarms.

Thanks in advance.

brak123 @ yahoo.com
    I would love to help. As far as features will there be any type of sound. I have several teachers that have bought the Pre and I can see the use for the stopwatch timer with some type of sound to get their attention.
    did you get an official sdk?

also, did you get your one user?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I would love to be one of your testers.

But if I may, I think that the developers who have used the Homebrew Apps are getting get feedback. When you read the feedback you see that it is everyone from other deveopers to complete non-techies.

I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Getting great feedback from one person who knows what they are doing is good. Getting feedback from a range of people may give you testing the experienced person might not dream to try.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/09/2009 at 11:44 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I would love to help. As far as features will there be any type of sound. I have several teachers that have bought the Pre and I can see the use for the stopwatch timer with some type of sound to get their attention.
    currently, i have it playing the same alert sound that you have configured for your email and txt msg. i don't like this because it's confusing as to what actually happened. i am going to be reworking it to play a custom sound for the app. eventually i would like to add a user pref on what sound they want played, but for right now i'm just going to include a default one.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    did you get an official sdk?

also, did you get your one user?
    yes, i am in the sdk beta. i have not sent out the app to anyone yet as i actually convinced my wife to let me install it on her phone. right now, i'm on the fence about distributing it on the forums only because it's against the EULA. and i want to eventually release this on the app store.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I would love to be one of your testers.

But if I may, I think that the developers who have used the Homebrew Apps are getting get feedback. When you read the feedback you see that it is everyone from other deveopers to complete non-techies.

I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Getting great feedback from one person who knows what they are doing is good. Getting feedback from a range of people may give you testing the experienced person might not dream to try.

- Craig
    i totally agree, unfortunately, i can't freely distribute it outside of the app store without violating the EULA of the sdk.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Feature request: when not the app in focus, use a notification to show the count up/down.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Feature request: when not the app in focus, use a notification to show the count up/down.
    please use this thread. but yes that is a good feature request, i'll add to TODO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast