Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    double post...
    Last edited by bsmack; 08/13/2009 at 01:15 PM.
    I didnt see this mentioned in the thread yet, but is Verizon resistant if I call and am honest and tell them I have a Palm pre and I want to add the MEI to their network, will they not do it for me if they know its a Pre?

Im willing to make the $ and time investment to get a Pre working on verizon but this seems like the biggest hurdle to deal with and was hoping there was a simple solution to getting the Pre added to my account, such as just being honest
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkus View Post
    I didnt see this mentioned in the thread yet, but is Verizon resistant if I call and am honest and tell them I have a Palm pre and I want to add the MEI to their network, will they not do it for me if they know its a Pre?

Im willing to make the $ and time investment to get a Pre working on verizon but this seems like the biggest hurdle to deal with and was hoping there was a simple solution to getting the Pre added to my account, such as just being honest
    lol...not gunna happen like that chief :P
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    I actually called up verizon tech support and told them that I was interested in buying the palm pre and hooking it up on their service. The conversation went like this:

"Do you mean you want to buy an unlocked phone and set it up on your account?"

"Yes, that's what I'd like."

"I suppose we could do that, but we can't guarantee that all the features will work properly." By "features" I assumed he meant the **** Verizon apps they include on all their phones. To be sure I asked him if I could get my Data plan working on this phone and he said if the phone was a smartphone that he was pretty sure it should work.

I say give it a shot. If they give you a hard time just tell them that you love their service but hate all of their phones and if they don't activate it you'll be forced to switch to sprint. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by elsucka View Post
    I actually called up verizon tech support and told them that I was interested in buying the palm pre and hooking it up on their service. The conversation went like this:

"Do you mean you want to buy an unlocked phone and set it up on your account?"

"Yes, that's what I'd like."

"I suppose we could do that, but we can't guarantee that all the features will work properly." By "features" I assumed he meant the **** Verizon apps they include on all their phones. To be sure I asked him if I could get my Data plan working on this phone and he said if the phone was a smartphone that he was pretty sure it should work.

I say give it a shot. If they give you a hard time just tell them that you love their service but hate all of their phones and if they don't activate it you'll be forced to switch to sprint. ;-)
    Also just keep calling until you get a rep that does not fully know policy and procedure as well as they should. You will eventually get it, it just takes a bit of social engineering.

I only had to call once to get my pre activated on alltel.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    no, you will need to change it. It is not that hard. there is a pretty easy tutorial on how to do it with qxdm over on mobilefiles (google it). It should get you on your way .
    While it is a bummer that this is a bad esn, have you checked with sprint to see if you have not been sold a hot phone? My wife had hers stolen, so I'm sensitive to bad esn stuff. Not that it is stolen, I had a non stolen phone on verizon I couldn't get activated.

Anyway if it were stolen you could potentially get your money back by fileing with ebay and paypal.
    Last edited by palandri; 09/11/2009 at 11:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I am very interested in getting a pre working on verizon I have a question can the pre just be flashed to verizon I have talk to a couple people where I live and they are telling me that flashing is a better way to do this I have read this hole therd and have not even heard this method talk about

Thanks in advance
    qxdm script to repair palm pre for verizon/etc:

clipze.com/hackerz/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2&pid=17#post_17
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Can this be done with Pre+ to Sprint?
    yes but addresses might be different.

clipze.com/hackerz/ | hacking devices since analog signals
    So... how about doing this for sprint? I.e. Palm Pre Plus running on Sprint's network...
    I second that I want a pre plus on sprint
    You guys can have your Pre +.

I'm waiting for the Elan to come to Sprint in a couple months.

and by a couple I mean a good 8 months or so.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique0201 View Post
    I second that I want a pre plus on sprint
    Likewise.. any ideas on how to get a Pre Plus on Sprint? With or without changing the ESN?
    so do you actually have a verizon account? It would only let you have data access if you had a data plan on that account.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    so do you actually have a verizon account? It would only let you have data access if you had a data plan on that account.
    I have a Palm Pre and data plan on Sprint. I want to get the Verizon Pre Plus on my account. But from what I've heard Sprint wont add ESN for you!
    so you don't have a verizon account? How do you make calls? I'm confused now.
    Say I have a Sprint Pre/Pixi that I bought online would I be able to activate it with verizon(according to the guide) and use it WITHOUT a data plan or does verizon force you to get a smartphone data plan?
    Last edited by ppixi; 07/26/2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You are required to have a data plan on any smart phone (made after 2007?) using verizon.

Any other method would violate federal laws.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast