Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 122
  1. #41  
    @cleanser
    thanks for the quick response. i appreciate your patience with me. Yea i've been reading up on all the mobile-files postings and trying to research it all as much as i can.

    ah okay, so i can just keep trying to get the meid added while i'm doing everything else. I work for an authorized verizon dealer and I can definitaly see how that meid would stand out among the ones i activate all day.

    i know this is as much a social engineering endeavor as it is a technical one, if not more. i was wondering what type of angle you worked, and what was the position of the person you spoke to? i realize it is much more difficult now, since there has been a lot of publicity on your success, but i was just curious as to what worked for you.
  2. cleanser's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #42  
    I called and spoke with a PDA support rep.
    I would say its some sort of palm device that they have.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanser View Post
    I called and spoke with a PDA support rep.
    I would say its some sort of palm device that they have.
    when i called them, i said it was a centro, as some features are similar, but, i was wondering, could i have just taken my centro's meid and installed it into my pre?
  4. #44  
    @scoutcamper
    did they add your meid?
    I was also wondering about cloning the meid from my current verizon phone as the pre's. but I feel as if that will be my last resort, if nothing else works. What would the problems be in cloning the meid of a dumphone to the pre? obviosuly disregarding the legaility of it. just out of curiousity.
  5. #45  
    yes, they added it, i redialed like 20 times and made sure i got the same rep each time, just to bug the heck out of him till he added it
  6. #46  
    scoutcamper - How long did it take him to get it added?

    "Cleanser" - Did you use any tools other than QPST?
  7. cleanser's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #47  
    I used CDMA workshop to get my SPC, there are other "free" ways using QXDM if you look over at some mobile-files forum posts.
    Other than that I used QXDM to upload a DMU key (10.key, i just created a DMU folder and put 10.key in there) this got evdo to say authenticated in ##DEBUG# (sprint provisioning check is still in my way, im too swamped with personal life to work on EVDO)

    Just put in your PRL, change the appropriate NV_item to get rid of roaming and voila
    I am sure you can use tools like UniCDMA to do this for free as well. You must be familiar with hex tho.
  8. #48  
    the provisioning bit is already figured out, but it may affect the Verizon approach.
  9. dominick_7's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanser View Post
    I used CDMA workshop to get my SPC, there are other "free" ways using QXDM if you look over at some mobile-files forum posts.
    Other than that I used QXDM to upload a DMU key (10.key, i just created a DMU folder and put 10.key in there) this got evdo to say authenticated in ##DEBUG# (sprint provisioning check is still in my way, im too swamped with personal life to work on EVDO)

    Just put in your PRL, change the appropriate NV_item to get rid of roaming and voila
    I am sure you can use tools like UniCDMA to do this for free as well. You must be familiar with hex tho.

    If you would be so kind could you please post instructions for people who have never done this before, like step by step? All of the abbreviations and throwing out different CDMA related terms is making it a bit intimidating for newbs like myself. Thank you for all your help with all of this. This is fantastic news.
  10. cleanser's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #50  
    way to flood the thread just so you can PM me with a stupid question. Your PMs are ignored and you have been added to my ignore list.
  11. #51  
    @cleanser
    hey, hows your data provisioning going?
    i finally got my pre and thanks to your info and a lot of research i finally got my pre all set up for verizon. still haven't been able to convince anyone over the phone at verizon to add my meid, called about 12 times thus far. i've got a couple questions.
    1) i've completed all the steps upto the DMU key part. the last thing i did was upload the most recent verizon nationwide evdo prl (i assumed that was the most logical one?) and i edited those two nv items. to change the verizon banner and to get data and text working. now on my pre in the top left corner where the carrier should be shown it reads " preferred system" and on the top right there is a capital "R" between the wifi signal and coverage bars. is that what is supposed to show up since i'm not actually on verizon network yet?

    2) and my second question is about the DMU key. i've read a bit about it and see that your just creating this folder and placing the 10.key file in there. Is this 10.key file the same across all phones? And what is the path of the DMU folder i'm making?

    ** actually thought of one more question. Do I need to set my spc to all zero's in order to activate it? And also if i decide to clone the esn of my current verizon phone on to the pre, would all the steps I have taken so far still work with a cloned pre?

    thanks man, i appreciate it.
  12. cleanser's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by pozzi View Post
    @cleanser
    hey, hows your data provisioning going?
    i finally got my pre and thanks to your info and a lot of research i finally got my pre all set up for verizon. still haven't been able to convince anyone over the phone at verizon to add my meid, called about 12 times thus far. i've got a couple questions.
    1) i've completed all the steps upto the DMU key part. the last thing i did was upload the most recent verizon nationwide evdo prl (i assumed that was the most logical one?) and i edited those two nv items. to change the verizon banner and to get data and text working. now on my pre in the top left corner where the carrier should be shown it reads " preferred system" and on the top right there is a capital "R" between the wifi signal and coverage bars. is that what is supposed to show up since i'm not actually on verizon network yet?

    2) and my second question is about the DMU key. i've read a bit about it and see that your just creating this folder and placing the 10.key file in there. Is this 10.key file the same across all phones? And what is the path of the DMU folder i'm making?

    ** actually thought of one more question. Do I need to set my spc to all zero's in order to activate it? And also if i decide to clone the esn of my current verizon phone on to the pre, would all the steps I have taken so far still work with a cloned pre?

    thanks man, i appreciate it.
    I have now gotten the device to say data is provisioned. There is a new thread over at mobile-files.

    To get rid of preferred system message i believe its NV item 9000, this will have to be changed manually if you dont have cdma-workshop (read the Palm Pre SPC thread at mobile files)

    I dont think your going to get your ESN added to verizon. You may have to do an ESN repair to get it to work. I have no idea what this will do in the future though with regards to app store and palm profile.

    Sorry i dont have more time or id help more..

    EDIT: forgot, even though i got data to be provisioned now, i still have no data access as my PPP connections will not work. I am very close though
    Last edited by cleanser; 07/20/2009 at 07:58 PM.
  13. #53  
    ah okay, i'll start following that thread.

    yea, you were right about it being nv item 9000. for some reason didn't save the first time i did it.

    i actually just purchased cdma workshop today, so i'll repair my esn once i get the license key.
  14. dominick_7's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanser View Post
    way to flood the thread just so you can PM me with a stupid question. Your PMs are ignored and you have been added to my ignore list.
    Who was PMing you with stupid questions?
  15. cleanser's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #55  
    @pozzi sounds like a PRL issue

    @dominick, looks like mods removed those posts and user
  16. #56  
    @cleanser
    so i changed the prl a few times, i tried the same prl as the original lg phone which i cloned the esn from, and i kept getting the same results. So i tried to do the *228 activation, and it said it was successful, but now when i try to make a test call it rings twice and then says that my device cannot be authenticated. any clues as to whats going on? thanks.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by pozzi View Post
    @cleanser
    so i changed the prl a few times, i tried the same prl as the original lg phone which i cloned the esn from, and i kept getting the same results. So i tried to do the *228 activation, and it said it was successful, but now when i try to make a test call it rings twice and then says that my device cannot be authenticated. any clues as to whats going on? thanks.
    I am actually in your same boat here chief. (palm pre 99% activated on verizon) Could you send me a pm with the memory locations of the esn address's you changed? did you use qxdm or cdma workshop to change the esn/meid? If you used the prl from your venus it would probably work just fine.. if you did a *228 option 2 it would have updated your prl to the appropriate one anyhow wouldent it? Let me know where you changed your esn.. maybe something is off there. also are you using 1.0.4 or 1.0.3? Thanks!
  18. cleanser's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #58  
    Its an A-Key issue wmrussell. You need to copy the A-key from your other device.
    Or you could try changing phones and then changing back.
    Another last option wold be to call verizon and say you are trying to activate this old phone of yours but you keep getting this authentication error when u try to call. They might reset the akey for you.
  19. #59  
    Sir you are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for your help! Pozzi Can you confirm this works?
  20. #60  
    can't wait till data gets running too
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions