Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 1998
    has this been released at all yet???, i tried doing some searches and nothing turned up. also skimmed this thread and didn't find it, sorry for being lazy
    Quote Originally Posted by frankx85 View Post
    has this been released at all yet???, i tried doing some searches and nothing turned up. also skimmed this thread and didn't find it, sorry for being lazy
    it's in private beta
    *wonders when the new dev will reveal himself*
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    *wonders when the new dev will reveal himself*
    me too. cause I forgot my password for downloading nanplayer since I wiped my phone =( Tho, one benefit of using Music Remix is last.fm scrobbling is in =)
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    me too. cause I forgot my password for downloading nanplayer since I wiped my phone =( Tho, one benefit of using Music Remix is last.fm scrobbling is in =)
    There's an app for that (keeping your password in a cloud, or for recovering) That and also the old trusty pen/pencil and pad
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    it's in private beta
    since LAST YEAR?
    gahh
    Ah. I fear I missed again the chance to help developing the NaNplayer?? I would so much like to help by testing. I personally miss a player exactly like this!
    I am a heavy Pre user (first generation up to now, as soon as possible it will be a pre 2!) and I know how to work with Linux, programming etc.
    Please, if there is still any chance to participate! Just contact me!
    I would be really happy :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by crowdly View Post
    Ah. I fear I missed again the chance to help developing the NaNplayer?? I would so much like to help by testing. I personally miss a player exactly like this!
    I am a heavy Pre user (first generation up to now, as soon as possible it will be a pre 2!) and I know how to work with Linux, programming etc.
    Please, if there is still any chance to participate! Just contact me!
    I would be really happy :-)
    Create your own app so we can help out too?...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Nice program!
    Any news on how nanplayer (greatest player on webos btw) will be continued / when beta will be officiall?
    Is this thing dead? It's been "in beta" for a LOOOOONG time. I think this is vaporware at this point.

M.

################
    # EDIT:

Wait it's COMING SOON!

Can't wait: NaNplayer Coming Soon and Looks Great | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Oh... 2009...

Yea. Vaporware.
    Well, it's a pretty useful piece of vaporware, since I've been using it since about May.

It's in the beta in the sense that anyone who didn't have 0 posts only had to ask and they could get a copy of it. I think JC said he had over what, 400 testers? Yes, it was very "private".

And of course, he had to stop development on it after getting hired by Palm and has since been getting the new developer up to speed after a couple of bumps, which anyone who follows him on Twitter would know.

But if you don't and feel like coming and making a pointless and uneducated comment, that's fine, too.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Is this thing dead? It's been "in beta" for a LOOOOONG time. I think this is vaporware at this point.

M.

################
    # EDIT:

Wait it's COMING SOON!

Can't wait: NaNplayer Coming Soon and Looks Great | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Oh... 2009...

Yea. Vaporware.
    This app is indeed real. I've been using it forever lol. However, the Developer was hired by Palm and doesn't have the time to work on this anymore. He (Blubble) said he was thinking about passing it off to someone else though.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, it's a pretty useful piece of vaporware, since I've been using it since about May.

It's in the beta in the sense that anyone who didn't have 0 posts only had to ask and they could get a copy of it. I think JC said he had over what, 400 testers? Yes, it was very "private".

And of course, he had to stop development on it after getting hired by Palm and has since been getting the new developer up to speed after a couple of bumps, which anyone who follows him on Twitter would know.

But if you don't and feel like coming and making a pointless and uneducated comment, that's fine, too.

I have asked (I can pull it out of my inbox if you'd like). I was told that "there's enough beta testers for now". I even offered to him that I'm color blind and my input is very much needed by GUI devs around here, it seems...

As far as twitter, it's a little tough to follow every single person on the planet, so I keep track of the major players (webos-internals, Palm, etc.). If nothing's been posted to the community at large, then, this is the kind of response that should be expected (IMHO).

At any rate, when it sees the light of day, then the real testing can start. It's a shame that it hasn't had SOME kind of release sooner. It seems it's getting passed by (see the precenteral home page).

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    This app is indeed real. I've been using it forever lol. However, the Developer was hired by Palm and doesn't have the time to work on this anymore. He (Blubble) said he was thinking about passing it off to someone else though.

I know he was hired by Palm. I passed on my HUGE thump's up to him in a brief PM conversation I had been having with him near that time (when I was asking about being a beta tester was right about that time).

M.
    At any rate, when it sees the light of day, then the real testing can start. It's a shame that it hasn't had SOME kind of release sooner. It seems it's getting passed by (see the precenteral home page).
    That Music app the the front page looks kinda clunky (kinda hard to judge from just screenshots but that's the feeling I get). NaNPlayer really is an amazing music player though. I hope someone eventually gets it ready for a public release...
    I know he was hired by Palm. I passed on my HUGE thump's up to him in a brief PM conversation I had been having with him near that time (when I was asking about being a beta tester was right about that time).

M.
    Who knows, maybe he brought his app to Palm to include in a future webOS version! (wishful thinking )
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That Music app the the front page looks kinda clunky (kinda hard to judge from just screenshots but that's the feeling I get). NaNPlayer really is an amazing music player though. I hope someone eventually gets it ready for a public release...

Maybe a bit, but, it's clean, simple and intuitive as well. That (at the least) is much needed in the Music Player Scene right now, in my eyes.

Speaking of my eyes, that's what I like about the Kodo player: I can tell the difference in the state of the icons! Like the shuffle on/off difference. *I* can *see* that change. There is another music player that is very popular right now that I had had some back and forth with the dev about my color blind eyes not being able to see *ANY* state change. I have to count out the taps because I can't SEE it. Or like the repeat button. When is it on? When is it repeat all vs. repeat single? DUNNO! I have to count it out and hope I tapped right which I won't find out until after the current song plays.

#################
    # EDIT
    #
    I didn't type the (now) whited out part very well. I was referring to a time about 6 months ago and didn't word things right but made it seem as thought these are CURRENT feelings/short-comings/etc. I had had some PMs with the dev of the app I mention and he waved his wand over his app and made a few corrections to the icons I was referring to and those functions have since been usable by my eyes.
    #################

*THIS* is the kind of beta testing that I *wanted* to do with NaN but was told that "maybe in the future, there's enough beta testers now", which didn't leave that great a taste with me - a dev not wanting to know if people with a "handicap" can use his app or not (but that's a different rant... ).

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 01/05/2011 at 09:25 PM.
    *THIS* is the kind of beta testing that I *wanted* to do with NaN but was told that "maybe in the future, there's enough beta testers now", which didn't leave that great a taste with me - a dev not wanting to know if people with a "handicap" can use his app or not (but that's a different rant... ).

M.
    I do agree that the Dev should have got you in the Beta program due to your circumstances. You would have been able to offer unique feedback. I have a feeling that there were tons of people in the beta who were only interested in using the app instead of reporting bugs and giving feedback...
    I'm sorry, I just get kind of defensive about the app for various reasons due to a couple of other posters and I really like the app obviously, since I think it does the best job for me of merging features with an excellent design and also because, well, JC did many changes due to beta comments from myself and others, so obviously it operates a lot like how I wished it. Anyway, it seems odd that JC did not let you in, since right before he got hired by Palm he had basically opened up the beta to anyone who asked so long as they were active on the boards because of how long it was taking the app to come out. I think he had a restriction against developers, but I'm not sure if it was in place.

For everyone who wants a copy, I would recommend asking him on twitter (@nanplayer). I'm not sure what degree of colorblindness you have, what I can say is that icon changes are done by basically turning the icon green and a user is completely able to decide the color of the wallpaper from a hex code, so essentially one could change the background color to better identify the color, but like I said, not sure to what degree. At this point, I'm not certain as to how hands off he has to be with the app now that is hired by Palm and if that includes no longer being able to distribute new copies of the application. JC is kind of a stickler about some things, like Rod in a way...not that it's a bad thing!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM