Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    AWESOME idea!
    Also, a way to tag mp3 right from the Pre.
    Thanks Jason.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  2.    #1882  
    In app tagging is planned. In fact, I plan on implementing a tag lookup feature. If any of you remember the old MusicMatch player app, you may recall the super-tagging feature. This is the kind of functionality I'd like to have in NaNplayer.

However, this will have to wait for the full release version. At the moment, the WebOS media indexing service does not allow for writing tags to MP3 files. Hopefully, the new media indexing service they've promised will allow this. If not, I will implement it with a PDK plugin when Palm starts supporting hybrid apps.

I'm sure many of you have noticed a recurring theme. There's simply a lot that cannot be done with the existing Palm Mojo SDK. I expect a lot of this to improve with WebOS 2.0, but it's been very frustrating as a developer. Even so, I see the promise of WebOS, so I'm patiently sticking by to give them some time to improve the platform.
    so with the 2.0 sdk released (I sure hope they threw you a bone and allowed you to get it, even though you don't have an app in the catalog), would you care to give us some hints of upcoming features? I suggest, with a media indexer api and the quick action feature, could you allow us to type something like, "play buddy holly by weezer" and have nanplayer open to that song, or "play dance party playlist" and have the whole playlist start.
  4.    #1884  
    Well, I will definitely be implementing new features with WebOS 2.0. I can't discuss specifics about WebOS 2.0 beyond what was publicly announced, but I am very excited by what I've been seeing.

I think Just Type is a great development. I've actually had universal search working inside the app for a while now, but haven't been happy with it existing in app only, so I haven't released it to beta. I generally don't release new features to beta until I'm satisfied with how they work. There are other working features that I'm tweaking before including in a beta version. That also holds true for the new Facebook features and a few other thing.

I kind of figured they'd be introducing universal search for apps, so I decided to hold off until that happened. I didn't have any inside information, but if you all recall a few weeks back, there was some evidence that this might happen. Frankly, I didn't think it would be happening so soon.

http://www.precentral.net/palm-prepp...apps-dock-mode

Now that we know more about Just Type and Quick Actions, I will be working towards implementing those features into NaNplayer.

I'd like to set up a quick action mode that lets you play music in the background without even opening the app. The idea would be to let you play a playlist, artist, album or genre just by typing. I probably wouldn't do just a single song that way since it would be kind of limiting, but who knows.

Also, as I've mentioned before, I have long wanted to do a special car mode and a dock/Touchstone mode. Now that they've announced Exhibition mode, those can become a reality.

Beyond that, I've got a lot of other features planned. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm really looking forward to implementing auto-tagging features and other library management tools. There's also a lot more coming along the lines of social media features and much more.

However, the release of the WebOS 2.0 SDK beta causes a bit of a problem. As I start implementing the new features, I won't be able to release betas to the existing group since most people won't have the 2.0 beta on their phones. I'll have to talk to Developer Relations to find out how best to handle this. I suspect that those that want to test the new stuff will have to join the Early Access program. I'll try to find out more details about that possibility and will discuss it with current beta testers via the beta forum.

This may also mean that the release of WebOS 1.X compatible beta versions may slow down or stop altogether. Palm is progressing faster than I thought and I'll really have to focus on getting the app ready for the release of 2.0 and the subsequent release of NaNplayer into the App Catalog. We'll have to see how things play out over the next few weeks so I can do some more concrete planning.

There's also a really big possibility that will hopefully be worked out over the next two weeks that may dramatically affect the future of NaNplayer. I don't mean to be coy about it, but I can't really say anything more right now. I will let you all know by mid-September how things go one way or the other.
    Last edited by Blubble; 08/31/2010 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Well, I will definitely be implementing new features with WebOS 2.0. I can't discuss specifics about WebOS 2.0 beyond what was publicly announced, but I am very excited by what I've been seeing.

I think Just Type is a great development. I've actually had universal search working inside the app for a while now, but haven't been happy with it existing in app only, so I haven't released it to beta. I generally don't release new features to beta until I'm satisfied with how they work. There are other working features that I'm tweaking before including in a beta version. That also holds true for the new Facebook features and a few other thing.

I kind of figured they'd be introducing universal search for apps, so I decided to hold off until that happened. I didn't have any inside information, but if you all recall a few weeks back, there was some evidence that this might happen. Frankly, I didn't think it would be happening so soon.

[url]

Now that we know more about Just Type and Quick Actions, I will be working towards implementing those features into NaNplayer.

I'd like to set up a quick action mode that lets you play music in the background without even opening the app. The idea would be to let you play a playlist, artist, album or genre just by typing. I probably wouldn't do just a single song that way since it would be kind of limiting, but who knows.

Also, as I've mentioned before, I have long wanted to do a special car mode and a dock/Touchstone mode. Now that they've announced Exhibition mode, those can become a reality.

Beyond that, I've got a lot of other features planned. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm really looking forward to implementing auto-tagging features and other library management tools. There's also a lot more coming along the lines of social media features and much more.

However, the release of the WebOS 2.0 SDK beta causes a bit of a problem. As I start implementing the new features, I won't be able to release betas to the existing group since most people won't have the 2.0 beta on their phones. I'll have to talk to Developer Relations to find out how best to handle this. I suspect that those that want to test the new stuff will have to join the Early Access program. I'll try to find out more details about that possibility and will discuss it with current beta testers via the beta forum.

This may also mean that the release of WebOS 1.X compatible beta versions may slow down or stop altogether. Palm is progressing faster than I thought and I'll really have to focus on getting the app ready for the release of 2.0 and the subsequent release of NaNplayer into the App Catalog. We'll have to see how things play out over the next few weeks so I can do some more concrete planning.

There's also a really big possibility that will hopefully be worked out over the next two weeks that may dramatically affect the future of NaNplayer. I don't mean to be coy about it, but I can't really say anything more right now. I will let you all know by mid-September how things go one way or the other.
    Excellent!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    haha im sorry but, is NAN player available yet?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Any way I could beta test this?? I beta tested NESulator and YouView !! I really wanna try the #nowplaying twitter feature!
  8.    #1888  
    @kleany, Not yet, but I hope to be able to release it when WebOS 2.0 comes out.

@ziplock, Please send a PM. I will put you on the waiting list. However, as I mentioned above, I haven't worked out how beta testing will continue during the transition to WebOS 2.0.
  9.    #1889  
    I'd like to make something very clear. Palm has not announced, officially or otherwise, any information about WebOS and media APIs. When I say that I hope to be able to release NaNplayer when WebOS 2.0 comes out, this is entirely speculative based on what was publicly stated earlier this year at Developer Days. This is no way based on anything related to the WebOS 2.0 beta SDK.

I am not aware of any non-public information related to the media APIs.
    LOL sounds like someone has cya
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  11.    #1891  
    I just don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. I am very mad about the consequences caused by the SDK leak and don't want to cause any more trouble for anyone.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/03/2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Language
    Works for me. BTW do you have screenshots of the player? I haven't looked to hard to see if you did but was just curious

edit: duh me just looked at the first post again LOL
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  13.    #1893  
    Yes, You can see a variety of screenshots at the NaNapps Flickr page. Flickr: NaNapps' Photostream
    i've been following nanplayer on twitter for awhile now, and keeping track of these threads..... i cant wait to actually use it
    Palm prē-ist.
  15.    #1895  
    Folks, I have been very inclusive when it comes to accepting people into the beta tests. I admit the vast majority of people that ask. It can take me a while to get to your requests due to the sheer volume that I receive. Please be patient and you're sure to get an invitation.

Thanks,
    JC
    Blubble - I love new look of player in notification area.
    Still missing last.fm scrobbler and at least "similar artists" feature. I dont know about others but Last.fm helped me to find many great artist with its similar artists feature (and lot of crap too ), I often load their albums to my phone and immediately forget what I wanted to listen and which artists are "similar". That leaves me with "lot" of unknown names in my Pre and without any clue how to choose music on my next trip.
    Anyway - I appreciate your work and looking forward to your WebOS 2.0 update.
    P.S. Do you have paypal donation somewhere or shall I just wait for your app to hit official catalog?
  17.    #1897  
    I've been working on various ways to integrate the Last.fm API. Scrobbling is part of that, along with other features. I think you'll like what's coming.

I appreciate the offer, but there's no need for donations. Thanks though.
    Does anyone know how to retrieve a manual book mark?
    Does anyone know how to retrieve a manual book mark?
  20.    #1900  
    Sure. Bookmarks are listed in the playlists view. They are really the same thing as a playlist with the addition of track number and time info. I do plan to change the labelling to make it more clear