Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1998
    If you absolutely hate WOSQI, when you download it onto your computer, you can email it to yourself and install it via Internalz. Seriously, I really do not understand why people have such a hard time with something that takes five minutes tops to the point that they're asking Blubble to re-compromise on something that's already a compromise because he cannot get the app into the app catalog. Plus, people should really be providing feedback on the forums, so the easier it is to register and continually download without providing feedback, the less likely he is to get feedback.

Also, to get an invite, you have to PM Blubble and he does them in batches, so as he stated, he'll get around to sending more sometime next week.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but yeah.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  2.    #1702  
    For the next few versions, testers will still have to download the beta package as a zip. Since it is not possible to require a login when downloading and installing through PreWare, it will remain that way until I work out a method for doing this.

The reason is that not only do I need to restrict access to registered testers, I also like to see who's downloaded a particular version. That helps because I can see how many people are testing a particular version.

I do understand your desire to avoid using WOSQI and I'm looking into an alternative, but for the moment, I'd rather focus on developing the app instead of working on a server app.
  3.    #1703  
    As far as a release date, that really depends on Palm. They have stated that they'll release the media indexing APIs this fall. At that point, they've assured me that I'll be able to release it to the app catalog.

Rest assured, there is no one that wants this thing in the app catalog more than me. I thought about releasing it to homebrew, but I really don't want some unscrupulous developer to rip off my code and release their own pirate version. I know for a fact that this has happened to other devs and I prefer to limit the possibility of that happening. I'd hate to have to sue the hell out of some code thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    For the next few versions, testers will still have to download the beta package as a zip. Since it is not possible to require a login when downloading and installing through PreWare, it will remain that way until I work out a method for doing this.

The reason is that not only do I need to restrict access to registered testers, I also like to see who's downloaded a particular version. That helps because I can see how many people are testing a particular version.

I do understand your desire to avoid using WOSQI and I'm looking into an alternative, but for the moment, I'd rather focus on developing the app instead of working on a server app.
    Blubble haven't we always downloaded it as as zip file?
  5.    #1705  
    Yes, but a few people have asked if I would set up a method for direct download of the IPK via PreWare. It's a valid request, but I have to work out a way to do it securely.
    it's not that it is hard. I appreciate what bubble has accomplished. I was just making a suggestion that I would make things a little more convenient for us. Of course that is only if it is not too much hassle for bubble. I think the email method would do just fine thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    If you absolutely hate WOSQI, when you download it onto your computer, you can email it to yourself and install it via Internalz. Seriously, I really do not understand why people have such a hard time with something that takes five minutes tops to the point that they're asking Blubble to re-compromise on something that's already a compromise because he cannot get the app into the app catalog. Plus, people should really be providing feedback on the forums, so the easier it is to register and continually download without providing feedback, the less likely he is to get feedback.

Also, to get an invite, you have to PM Blubble and he does them in batches, so as he stated, he'll get around to sending more sometime next week.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but yeah.
    As far as a release date, that really depends on Palm. They have stated that they'll release the media indexing APIs this fall. At that point, they've assured me that I'll be able to release it to the app catalog.

Rest assured, there is no one that wants this thing in the app catalog more than me. I thought about releasing it to homebrew, but I really don't want some unscrupulous developer to rip off my code and release their own pirate version. I know for a fact that this has happened to other devs and I prefer to limit the possibility of that happening. I'd hate to have to sue the hell out of some code thief.
    Yeah i cant wait for it to get in the App catalog either. I dont mind paying $10 for this app unlike the other apps (dont want to name any names). But i sent you a PM. I'll be waiting patiently to test Nanplayer out before it hits the App Catalog in the fall, i hope . Thanks for putting so much effort in this application. I totally dislike the native music app the Pre came with.
    In order to install nanplayer without a computer, you need the following: internalz, unzip, and terminal (all these are in preware)--and of course a beta account to access the download page. Point your browser to the beta download and click on the download button. Use internalz to find the download in /media/internal/downloads/ and find the .zip file (it has a cryptic name); rename the file to something like nanplayer.zip. Now open terminal and type "cd /media/internal/downloads/" and then "unzip nanplayer.zip". Now you should have an .ipk in that directory so find it with internalz and open it, then tap install.

This method does not circumvent any controls put in place by blubble and only takes a minute. Should be even easier when Jason adds unzip functionality to internalz.
  9.    #1709  
    Thanks for the mini tutorial. This method sounds like a great solution until I get a chance to work out a direct download method.
    I sent an email requesting to beta test for the Pixi... no word. Are you still taking requests, or did I miss the part where you can get it via preware?
  11.    #1711  
    @jrsharp70,

I normally wait until I have a big batch of requests, then send all the invites out at once. The next round should be within a few weeks.
  12.    #1712  
    Hey folks,

How important is Last.fm scrobbling for you as a user?

Thanks,
    JC
    Hey folks,

Thanks,
    JC
    OKAY, SO YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THIS, BUUTTT:

#1! Have not been able to scrobble reliably since I got the Pre in September because I only listen to music from the Pre. My charts are so not accurate... Every other last.fm project has either fizzled out or requires you using their app, like Ampache...which I don't use. Soooo, yeah! You are already the man JC, but with scrobbling you would be godly!!
    Last edited by malpha; 07/31/2010 at 08:55 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Hey folks,

Thanks,
    JC
    Not important at all to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not important at all to me.
    Boo! Hiss!!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have an FM account, but don't see the importance of scrobbling. Maybe I'm missing something?!?
    I'm in the same boat, I use lastFM on xbox live sometimes, but have yet to find any use in scrobbling.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I have an FM account, but don't see the importance of scrobbling. Maybe I'm missing something?!?
    Haha, I am the opposite, I use the scrobble and do not use the radio. I just like to have a record of what I've been listening to, so I can lolz at 1 out of every 5 songs I play being by Thursday....seriously, 2100 plays out of a total of 10000...of course that number is horribly out of date...I've probably scrobbled another 10000 plays since getting the Pre if, you know, the Pre had scrobble support....

BUT, there are other benefits!!! Last.fm recommends artists based on your scrobbles and you can have your own radio influenced by your scrobbles. They have widgets to share them on sites so you can see what others are listening to and share what you are listening to. It also recommends users based on your scobbles, so you can check out their songs, too! Also, my collection has disappeared songs through various computer transfers, so scrobbling helps you discover songs you accidentally lost three years ago because they're there in your past scrobbles.

Srsly guys, go forth and scrobble!! Then we can have the Precentral scrobble thread and Precentral scrobble group!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  19.    #1719  
    I actually don't use Last.fm much myself, but I am going to be using their API for some other features in the app, so I figured I may as well add scrobbling. It can be a pretty useful thing as malpha points out.
    Hi Blubble and WebOS users,
    Im happy to see discussion about Last.fm integration again. Scrobbling is definitely "must have" feature for me as for the others. Im really missing music I listen on the road in my lastfm profile and it make it less useful, especialy if you dont list music at home much.
    Anyway what is the last version of NaNPlayer - in my download site i still see 0.4.7a6 ?