Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1998
  1.    #1601  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    I don't know what's going on, the songs were displaying with NaNplayer, but now they are not. They display fine with Remix.
    Are you still running into this or did it just happen once?

    Thanks.
  2. 12gage's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #1602  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    @12gage @suzyQt

    All bookmarks are available in the playlist view. I will be changing the "Playlists" view to "Playlists and Bookmarks" or something similar to make that more clear. In essence, bookmarks are just playlists with the addition of a saved track time.
    thank you soooo much, this was a feature I was really missing that I didn't know I had thanks again
  3. #1603  
    Thanks for the info, I hadn't done the update yet. I have it now & the bookmarks are working fine, thanks.
  4. #1604  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Are you still running into this or did it just happen once?

    Thanks.
    Just happened that one time so far. Don't know if it was because Remix was also opened and I was comparing the two.
  5. #1605  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    @12gage @suzyQt

    All bookmarks are available in the playlist view. I will be changing the "Playlists" view to "Playlists and Bookmarks" or something similar to make that more clear. In essence, bookmarks are just playlists with the addition of a saved track time.
    That would be helpful changing the name to "Playlists and Bookmarks." However the actual bookmark needs a change also as it displays e.g.
    Bookmark mm/dd/yyyy hr:mm:ss PM
    99 songs - Bookmark - Song 5 Time: 0:25


    The actual name of the song needs to be displayed. And don't know why it is helpful to display the song count here?
  6.    #1606  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    Just happened that one time so far. Don't know if it was because Remix was also opened and I was comparing the two.
    That's probably the reason. Both apps have to use the WebOS media indexing service. It's very laggy and often chokes when multiple apps are trying to use it.
  7.    #1607  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    That would be helpful changing the name to "Playlists and Bookmarks." However the actual bookmark needs a change also as it displays e.g.
    Bookmark mm/dd/yyyy hr:mm:ss PM
    99 songs - Bookmark - Song 5 Time: 0:25


    The actual name of the song needs to be displayed. And don't know why it is helpful to display the song count here?
    The NaNplayer bookmarks are more advanced than a typical single track bookmark. Instead of just saving the place in a single track, it remembers all the tracks you had queued up. This is important for various situations (such as audio books with multiple chapters split up into multiple tracks).

    It's essentially a playlist with a bookmark added. As such, it wouldn't make sense to assign a the name of a single track as the bookmark name. I suppose it could be useful if there is only a single track being saved in the bookmark/playlist. I'll think about making that a user selectable preference.


    However, you can easily name bookmarks/playlists however you'd like. Choose the Save all songs to playlist option from the popup menu. That will allow you to assign a title. It also has a checkbox labeled Save Bookmark?. This is prechecked, so all you have to do is give it a name.
  8. #1608  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    The NaNplayer bookmarks are more advanced than a typical single track bookmark. Instead of just saving the place in a single track, it remembers all the tracks you had queued up. This is important for various situations (such as audio books with multiple chapters split up into multiple tracks).

    It's essentially a playlist with a bookmark added. As such, it wouldn't make sense to assign a the name of a single track as the bookmark name. I suppose it could be useful if there is only a single track being saved in the bookmark/playlist. I'll think about making that a user selectable preference.
    Why not, sugar? You're thinking like a techie. As it currently is, the information displayed is not useful in any way except perhaps the Date/Time stamp and most definitely the bookmark time. The "99 songs" and "song 5" are not useful in any way, so either display the track or nothing. But I'll give you a nice hint, display the track/chapter. Aside from the obvious of using the bookmark to bookmark a place in an audio book, what about other scenarios? What if I work in advertising, and I need to find a nice jingle for the ad I'm working on? I'm going to use a specific clip from a song that I listened to on my Pre, and need to mark it as such. I'm sure you've heard this before sweetheart, but JC, you need to think outside the box.
  9.    #1609  
    NaNplayer is the result of thinking very outside the box when it comes to design and functionality. That's precisely why the vast majority of people that try it absolutely love it.

    However, I am always open to suggestions that can help make it even better. I appreciate the feedback and always consider the opinions of testers when developing features.


    In this case, I'm not inclined to change default titling behavior as most testers seem to like it. As I mentioned, I'd be open to allowing users to change the default behavior for the manual bookmarks to use the current song name as the title of the bookmark. This would be a simple toggle in the preferences section. I always like giving users as much flexibility as is practical.


    For a situation like the one you mention, the user could simply use the Save all songs to playlist option. That would let them add a more meaningful title to the bookmark. Something like "Jingle for the XYZ campaign" would be more useful than just a song name.


    Please join us on the beta forum site. It is the preferred venue for discussing the app as testers can freely discuss details of the beta. It would be good to discuss your suggestions with the other testers.

    We often have debates and discussions with other testers about current and planned features. These are very constructive discussions that result in tangible improvements to the app. The forum address is in the Welcome email you got after you registered.
  10. #1610  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    Why not, sugar? You're thinking like a techie. As it currently is, the information displayed is not useful in any way except perhaps the Date/Time stamp and most definitely the bookmark time. The "99 songs" and "song 5" are not useful in any way, so either display the track or nothing. But I'll give you a nice hint, display the track/chapter. Aside from the obvious of using the bookmark to bookmark a place in an audio book, what about other scenarios? What if I work in advertising, and I need to find a nice jingle for the ad I'm working on? I'm going to use a specific clip from a song that I listened to on my Pre, and need to mark it as such. I'm sure you've heard this before sweetheart, but JC, you need to think outside the box.
    Maybe the most condescending post on this thread...Blubble, you have more patience than I.
  11. #1611  
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    Maybe the most condescending post on this thread...Blubble, you have more patience than I.
    Seriously....she would have gotten the boot at the first sugar. I can't stand that condescending cutesy crap and anyone who works in the workplace knows it's classified as a form of sexual harassment.

    As for the bookmark, it is actually pretty useful to display where you are in the track and how many tracks there are. Right now I've been using it to put different albums I haven't gotten a chance to listen to on it and it's nice to know where I'm at the on the playlist and how far I have to go. As for your jingle example, you're thinking about bookmarking a song - not an entire playlist. If that's what you're after, you can easily create a jingles playlist and then use the option to save the song to your jingles playlist.
    Last edited by malpha; 06/30/2010 at 03:39 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12. #1612  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    Why not, sugar? You're thinking like a techie. As it currently is, the information displayed is not useful in any way except perhaps the Date/Time stamp and most definitely the bookmark time. The "99 songs" and "song 5" are not useful in any way, so either display the track or nothing. But I'll give you a nice hint, display the track/chapter. Aside from the obvious of using the bookmark to bookmark a place in an audio book, what about other scenarios? What if I work in advertising, and I need to find a nice jingle for the ad I'm working on? I'm going to use a specific clip from a song that I listened to on my Pre, and need to mark it as such. I'm sure you've heard this before sweetheart, but JC, you need to think outside the box.
    OMG, as a developer, that post rubs me SO wrong.
  13. Diyhai's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #1613  
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    Maybe the most condescending post on this thread...Blubble, you have more patience than I.
    lol she probably doesn't realize how crazy she sounds

    I can't remember a time when I didn't exist, I will not remember a time when I cease to exist.

    In my eyes, I am immortal.
  14. #1614  
    LOL - I really stirred up a hornets nest here. I remember the first technology project I sponsored - my people told me "never let the technologists write the requirements." Now ain't that special.
  15. #1615  
    ^Read Bubble's post if you can (sweety). The one directing you to the beta forum. The one where he mentions the fact that people discuss existing and new features i.e. Bubble isn't the only one making up the requirements. That is special, sugarchops
  16. #1616  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    ^Read Bubble's post if you can (sweety). The one directing you to the beta forum. The one where he mentions the fact that people discuss existing and new features i.e. Bubble isn't the only one making up the requirements. That is special, sugarchops
    Haha, so why are you writing in this forum? Why is anyone else posting in this forum? "If I can read", you're so vicious.
  17. #1617  
    Not everyone has had the chance to beta test NaNplayer. If you read the first post in this forum then you would know what it is for. Blubble had to announce the existence of his work so that he could get testers and stir up interest in his app. I assume that you are lucky enough to have received your beta copy of the app, along with the explicit directions for going about beta testing. Having obviously missed all that, assuming that you can read would be a stretch.
  18. #1618  
    Blubble, I pm'ed & got the link_ registered but never got anything thereafter. How long is the wait or did something go wrong?

    BLiip1234
  19. #1619  
    So when will this be released to the general public?
  20. #1620  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    So when will this be released to the general public?
    Possibly in the Fall when the required APIs are publicly available. I believe that's what Blubble is planning to do...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions