Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1998
  1.    #1581  
    By default, the PM system does not save sent messages. You have to enable the option.

However, if any of you sent a request and you are an established member, you should get an invite.
    Excellent! Got my invite earlier. Now I'm just waiting for everything to be OK'd.
    I'd like there to be a preference to set the font size. It it too hard to read the current font, I like the size on Remix better. Other than that, I'm not seeing any advantages over Remix. At any rate, if I can't read the name of songs, artists and albums, I don't care about the whiz bang features. Usability, usability....
  4.    #1584  
    Thanks for your feedback.

Adding a font size preference is a possibility for a future edition. Most people like the current size, but I like giving options to the user. This will become more important when Palm(hopefully) releases devices with higher resolution screens.

However, you're the first of over 400 testers that hasn't reported seeing a dramatic advantage over remix. The feature set and performance are substantially better when compared to the stock app or the remix. That isn't to say that NaNplayer is perfect, but it's a huge improvement over the other music players available on WebOS.

In fact, most testers comment specifically on the significant improvement in usability over those other apps. I don't think a font that's not large enough for your preference negates that.

If you have other other specific suggestions as to features or changes you'd like to see, please join post them in the beta forum. The address is in the welcome email you received after you registered.
    Last edited by Blubble; 06/28/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    To: Blubble
    NaNplayer is the best music player for WebOS. Works faster, better than default music player and remix. I love it.
  6.    #1586  
    Thanks.

I'm exploring options for streaming support. Last.fm and Shoutcast seem like possibilities depending on the deals that would have to be made.

A surprisingly large number of users have asked for Ampache support, so that might be an option for the future.

I am not sure that I will do a simple background change throughout the entire app. I am adding a way to set a specific image as the background for the Now Playing scene.

Even better, full skinning support is planned after the initial release. I have already done a lot of the work necessary to allow skinning, but it's a lot of work and I'd rather complete some other, more important features first.
    Just got it downloaded this morning! Looks great, and fast! Will test it out more this evening!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I love this player, it's very fast and doesn't bog down my phone like remix. But a couple of things that I miss from remix are the ability to manually add bookmarks and the ability to hold the FF button to seek. If this player had those i think it would be perfect, keep up the good work
  9.    #1589  
    You can manually save bookmarks. When you're in the Now Playing scene, swipe the bottom control bar(the one with play/pause, etc.) to the left. You should see a new set of icons including one that looks like a floppy disk. Tap that and you'll see a few options for saving playlists and bookmarks.

I think the tap and hold to ff is a feature included in the stock app. It has been requested and is on the to do list for NaNplayer. For now, you might try the scrubber bar or the keyboard controls for skipping forward in a track.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you're enjoying the app.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    I love this player, it's very fast and doesn't bog down my phone like remix. But a couple of things that I miss from remix are the ability to manually add bookmarks and the ability to hold the FF button to seek. If this player had those i think it would be perfect, keep up the good work
    I just installed the latest version and it does have the ability to manually add bookmarks. A feature I use regularly
  11.    #1591  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I just installed the latest version and it does have the ability to manually add bookmarks. A feature I use regularly
    Cool. I hope you enjoy it. I know I kept you waiting for a while. Thanks for your patience.
    I'm very excited about the ability to skin the app. I don't know if you can tell from the patches I've created, but I love customizing the visuals in WebOS.

(Even if official skinning support wasn't there, I would still make a patch for it lol)

Oh, by the way. This app is easily the best WebOS music player. Simply amazing!
  13.    #1593  
    The skins should be pretty easy. You'll basically just have to modify html and css. I have to do a fair amount of work to make it work well, so it won't be available until after initial release.

Eventually, I'd like to provide a way for users to share their skins. I'd even be open to allowing people to sell their skins, but it would have to be done outside the app market somehow.

As Palm's promised fall release window approaches, I may consider working with a few select skinners to maybe get a few alternative skins ready at or near the release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    I too would love it option. I listen to books & this is a must have option with books. I would like to add, with adding bookmarks, the option to have mutiple ones to choose from would be nice too.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Cool. I hope you enjoy it. I know I kept you waiting for a while. Thanks for your patience.
    No problem. So far I like the speed and function set. I probably will delete Remix soon.
  16.    #1596  
    As I mentioned above, the app already allows you to save manual bookmarks. There are a few different options for doing this.

Aside from the autosave bookmarks, you can set manual bookmarks two ways.

[EDIT]

I've moved these instructions to the NaNplayer forum site. Testers, you can find the address to the forum site in the email titled "Welcome to the NaNplayer Beta" that you received after you registered.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

[/EDIT]

One of these options should give you the functionality you're asking for.
    Last edited by Blubble; 06/29/2010 at 03:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    You can manually save bookmarks. When you're in the Now Playing scene, swipe the bottom control bar(the one with play/pause, etc.) to the left. You should see a new set of icons including one that looks like a floppy disk. Tap that and you'll see a few options for saving playlists and bookmarks.

I think the tap and hold to ff is a feature included in the stock app. It has been requested and is on the to do list for NaNplayer. For now, you might try the scrubber bar or the keyboard controls for skipping forward in a track.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you're enjoying the app.
    SWEEEETTT!! I didn't know this whole time I could do that!! So once I save a bookmark, if I want to play something else then come back to that file to resume my place, how do I access the bookmark?
    I don't know what's going on, the songs were displaying with NaNplayer, but now they are not. They display fine with Remix.

As I mentioned above, the app already allows you to save manual bookmarks. There are a few different options for doing this.

Aside from the autosave bookmarks, you can set manual bookmarks two ways.

When in Now Playing, you can swipe the bottom control bar to the left to display additional icons.

Tap the floppy disk icon in the second panel. It is the third one in this image.

That will display a popup menu with three options.

Save all songs to playlist will allow you to create and name a playlist. You will see a checkbox that allows you to also save a bookmark as part of the playlist.

Save a manual bookmark is a simpler method. You just tap that option and the app will save a bookmark. It auto-assigns a name using the date and time (i.e. Bookmark 6/28/2010 6:51PM).

One of these options should give you the functionality you're asking for.
    When I save the bookmark - where do I access them? Only once I exit the player then open the app again, I then see Resume Playback. Can't I set multiple bookmarks and then view and choose them? I don't see that functionality. Also I've manually saved multiple bookmarks, but it keeps coming back to one upon Resume Playback, seems it won't save subsequent bookmarks.
  20.    #1600  
    @12gage @suzyQt

All bookmarks are available in the playlist view. I will be changing the "Playlists" view to "Playlists and Bookmarks" or something similar to make that more clear. In essence, bookmarks are just playlists with the addition of a saved track time.