Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1998
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I still have some cool features lined up for the next few versions. The original plan was to release the app early this year and then add features as free updates.

Unfortunately, Palm is still not budging on allowing it in the app catalog, so I am just adding those features to be included in the original release whenever they do allow it.
    Is there anything we, as users, can do to help persuade Palm? (I have no idea how these decissions are made) This is a great app, and your work deserves to be recognized and distributed.
    Blubble,
    Just an observation, any reason why you didn't use the application icon to show up in the dashboard notification area instead of the letters 'NAN'? The green face with the headphones is a cool icon and thought that might look cooler in the dashboard. Just a thought...
  3.    #1543  
    That's actually in 0.4.7a6 now. Unfortunately, if you already have 0.4.7a5, it won't overwrite the mini icon. You would have to uninstall then install 0.4.7a6 to make it work.

If you want to backup your playlists, dynalists, etc. before you uninstall, make sure to read the Restore Playlist thread on the beta forum site.
  4.    #1544  
    @mrdmc,

I don't think anything would help at this point. I have been round and round with them trying to negotiate a solution, but their answer has basically been NO.

They make me wish I had started on an Android version as soon as they initially rejected the app. At the time, they made me believe that it would be allowed in a few months from then. Clearly, that was pure BS.
    Last edited by Blubble; 06/07/2010 at 04:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I wish you did start an Android version because I just switched to the HTC EVO and in the three days of owning it I have yet to find a good music player. There's not even a player as good as the webOS built-in music player

Like homeboy said earlier in this thread, we will welcome NaNplayer with open arms... in the meantime I'm gonna [try] to make one of my own with my non-good developing ***
  6.    #1546  
    I will be starting work on an Android version soon. In reality, I am going to be more focused on a tablet version, but since the EVO is practically a tablet, I will use it as a development device. That will allow me to get all the functionality working while I wait for a good tablet to be released.

If I do decide to release a phone version, it will not support any device with a resolution lower than 800 x 480 which means that only Droids, EVOs and the like would be supported. I just don't want to bother with a 480 x 320 resolution like on the Pre. It's just too cramped
    its sad to see how palm last fall said months, and itll take till this fall to geth there.

its like they dont want to make money.

doesnt the droid have 852x480?

hopefully palms next effor is just like the iphone4, 960x640, but on a 4"+ screen, so its not so squshed together.
    So even though Palm is being a jerk about this, is there any way for people to get their hands on your beta copy through other channels like Preware? From the sounds of it even in beta state it is better than the stock player, and it HAS to run better than Music (Remix) - that beast is SLOW.

Just curious.
  9.    #1549  
    It's much faster than the both the stock app and remix mod. It's really pretty much ready for release. I've just been adding features that were originally going to be updates after initial release.

@headgamer Since you're a well established PreCentral member, you're welcome to participate in the private beta. Please send me a PM so I have you on my list.

I will try to get to sending out invites this week sometime.
  10.    #1550  
    @shaffaaf27

Yes. That's why it would be supported by NaNplayer for Android.

I have to say, I am getting more and more worried about Palm. They have lost two of their most important UI designers. I hope HP doesn't royally **** Palm up.

Let's hope Palm comes out with some truly impressive hardware that can compete with the likes of the iPhone 4 and the EVO 4G.
    Shot you a PM, Blubble...
  12.    #1552  
    Thanks. I received it. I will be sending out a large batch of invites later this week and yours will be amongst them.
    it needs to be better, tegra 2 better. jsut so that it lasts its 2 year cyle that for somereason they want to push.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I will be starting work on an Android version soon. In reality, I am going to be more focused on a tablet version, but since the EVO is practically a tablet, I will use it as a development device. That will allow me to get all the functionality working while I wait for a good tablet to be released.

If I do decide to release a phone version, it will not support any device with a resolution lower than 800 x 480 which means that only Droids, EVOs and the like would be supported. I just don't want to bother with a 480 x 320 resolution like on the Pre. It's just too cramped
    Ah man, you left me hanging at the end.
  15.    #1555  
    @koolkid09

Oh yeah. My wife has a Moment as well. Good phone, but I just don't want to deal with a small screen again. I may go back and do a skin for those smaller screens at some point.
  16.    #1556  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    it needs to be better, tegra 2 better. jsut so that it lasts its 2 year cyle that for somereason they want to push.

Agreed. Maybe one of the new OMAP chips. Those are supposed to be great. One thing they can't skimp on again is RAM. "Too Many Cards" has probably lost quite a few clients for Palm.
    I hope this app becomes widely available soon! The preview video is crazy fantastic!

What do we have to do to get a beta invite? Donate? Ask nicely? I can't PM because I'm pretty new to posting. I would love to try this app out! My pre is also my music player, and I've been dying for a better app!!
  18.    #1558  
    Yes, asking nicely is the only requirement

Actually, preference is given to established PreCentral members. Since you have been a member since November 2009, you meet that requirement as well.

I do have quite a backlog of beta requests, so it may take me as long as a few weeks to get through them. Some people have been waiting over a week for an invite.

I have been incredibly busy over these last few weeks, so I have not been able to send out invites. I hope to get some time to attend to this.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Blubble, just checking, did you get the PM I sent you a couple of weeks ago? If not, I'll drop another one. I'm excited to try your (finished) "beta"!

EDIT: Hmm, I'm crazy. Looked in my sent PM box and I may not have ever sent it. Thought I did. Sending now!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Blubble, just checking, did you get the PM I sent you a couple of weeks ago? If not, I'll drop another one. I'm excited to try your (finished) "beta"!

EDIT: Hmm, I'm crazy. Looked in my sent PM box and I may not have ever sent it. Thought I did. Sending now!
    mmmhhmm