Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1998
  1.    #1461  
    Yes. I'm quite excited about the possibilities.
    I think I would need a change if pants if the tablet version came out. Question: what can I do as far as screenshots, etc wise with the nondisclosure agreement and all?
  3.    #1463  
    Thanks for asking. You are welcome to send song tweets and you can post some screenshots if you like.

To discuss bug reports or other beta related issues, please join us on the beta forum. The address is in the welcome email you received upon registration.
    alright just making sure that if I ever posted a screen shot I wouldn't get the hammer dropped on me
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Tried that already. They said no dice. In fact, they want even let me put it in the beta feed. It's really ridiculous. They won't even compromise a little.

Frankly, if I wasn't this far into this app, I'd just bail and make an Android version. I'm tired of Palm's BS. They've been stringing me along since last September with "just a few months". Now they are telling me fall. I hope they mean fall 2010.
    This seals it! I freakin hate Android!!! We can't have anything that they don't have! Here was a diamond...finally something we had that Android didn't, now they'll get it before we do!

I wish you nothing but the best Blubble but d@mn this hurts!

It's like I'm so fed up that I almost wanna switch now but I freakin hate Android so much that I can't!

I feel like an old school Red Sox fan forever getting my hopes pounded by the f&*ing Yankees!!!
  6.    #1466  
    The tablet version will be WebOS only and it will be awesome.

I don't really like Android either. We just put 2.1 on the wife's Moment. It's OK , but the interface still kinda blows.
    2 weeks and lovin it!
    Last edited by ethic3; 05/16/2010 at 08:10 PM.
    So far I really like NaNplayer, but I haven't used it enough yet to give detailed feedback. One thing I was hoping it would fix, but doesn't, is the following problem: when I am running either the built-in player, Remix, or NaNplayer and a bluetooth headset, my Pre's Wifi keeps cutting out. I can see the WiFi icon in the top bar dim. It's as if Bluetooth streaming and WiFi demand too much of the Pre's resources, and WiFi loses. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
  9.    #1469  
    Guys, If you have feedback or questions specific to the beta, please post those on the beta forum. The address to the forum is included in the welcome email you got when your beta account was activated.
  10.    #1470  
    Dr. Grace,

It sounds like the problem you're having is more related to your phone. A music app will not have any control over the performance of BlueTooth or WiFi.

I'm not sure why you'd even use your WiFi while running, but I doubt that the BT is causing it to dim. Most likely, you're simply losing signal to whatever WiFi network you're using.

I have noticed that the Pre's BlueTooth signal can easily be degraded by something as simple as putting the phone in your pocket. However, the WiFI has always had good reception for me.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to say I was running, but rather that any of the music player apps were running.

Yes, it seems like a limitation of the A2DP implementation on the Pre. I have a strong WiFi signal and don't lose it unless one of the music players is streaming music via BT. Normally my BT signal is also fairly strong, and I can usually walk away from the Pre for some distance without losing the BT stream. The WiFi signal goes away even if I have the BT headset close to the Pre. Strange. The only other thing I've noticed is that being close to a microwave oven interferes with the BT signal, but I guess that's normal.
    Dr. Grace,

It sounds like the problem you're having is more related to your phone. A music app will not have any control over the performance of BlueTooth or WiFi.

I'm not sure why you'd even use your WiFi while running, but I doubt that the BT is causing it to dim. Most likely, you're simply losing signal to whatever WiFi network you're using.

I have noticed that the Pre's BlueTooth signal can easily be degraded by something as simple as putting the phone in your pocket. However, the WiFI has always had good reception for me.
    It is actually probably more related to the router or bluetooth headset...I just tested this for myself, and I experience similar behavior. WiFi working great, but as soon as I turn on the bluetooth and connect it to my headset, the wifi starts acting weird. It'll show full bars, but it won't load anything. So I turned the Wifi off and turned it back on, at which point it couldn't even find my wireless network. As soon as I turned bluetooth off, it detected it right away. I have a crap router (linksys WRT54G) and it's not exactly in an ideal location, so I had to jump through hoops to get my PS3 to find media servers for various reasons I didn't particularly understand relating to port forwarding and other crap.

It's definitely not NaN's fault, there are a couple of threads around here about it because people couldn't stream Pandora over wifi and have it play through bluetooth. I'll hunt around and see if anyone found a solution.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    any sort of mockups on how a tablet verison would look like? is nanplayer easily scalable?
  14.    #1474  
    LOL. Sorry Doc, I completely misread your post. I was being rushed by a couple of monkeys waiting to be taken to the park and the donut shop.

it sounds like Malpha has a line on your issue.
  15.    #1475  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    any sort of mockups on how a tablet verison would look like? is nanplayer easily scalable?
    I won't be publicly displaying any of the mockups anytime soon. Who knows when we're going to even get a tablet. Rumors speak of this fall, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Wile the interface of NaNplayer is somewhat scalable to work with different resolutions, the layout of the tablet version will be substantially different. It will really be a different app although it will be based on a lot of the same code.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This looks awesome day one purchase for me. Will this have gapless playback?
  17.    #1477  
    It doesn't have gapless playback now due to limitations of the way WebOS handles media. However, I plan on writing a PDK plugin to handle audio better. This should allow for gapless playback.
    Guys, If you have feedback or questions specific to the beta, please post those on the beta forum. The address to the forum is included in the welcome email you got when your beta account was activated.
    Sorry about that!
  19.    #1479  
    No problem. It's just that it's easier for me to keep track of issues that way.

Here, they'd get lost in 75 pages of beta requests, rants(mine of course) and the occasional bit of Smurf ****
  20.    #1480  
    LOL. The filter edits out PRON.