Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1998
    Quick question? what is this twitter thing in the options?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
  2.    #1442  
    That Twitter Setup option lets you authorize the app to post to your Twitter account. Once you set that up, you can use the Twitter icon in the Now Playing view to post song tweets. These include the song and artist as well as a link that will let your followers preview the song.

Here are some examples of NaNplayer song tweets.

#NowPlaying Deep South [Oakenfold Remix] by Bushwacka & Layo http://NaN.fm/?493

#NowPlaying As The Rush Comes by Motorcycle http://NaN.fm/?491

#NowPlaying Diary of a Madman by Ozzy Osbourne http://NaN.fm/?600

I am working on adding more social networking functionality. This includes Facebook song sharing as well as the ability to share entire playlists and albums for your friends to check out. It's really a great way to recommend music to others.
    Last edited by Blubble; 05/13/2010 at 11:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I still love Ozzy........
  4.    #1444  
    Yeah. Ozzy's crazy *** is great.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    nvm... i just tried it again and this time it stopped the player. I recall that I had the 3.5 not the 3.6 i currently am using. So no more problems
    Wait, there's a 3.6mm audio cable? I'm using the 3.5, should I look for this? Would this help with the speaker phone issue when taking calls while connected to my audio port in my to the phone? The person on the other end cant hear me but I can hear them over my car speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    That Twitter Setup option lets you authorize the app to post to your Twitter account. Once you set that up, you can use the Twitter icon in the Now Playing view to post song tweets. These include the song and artist as well as a link that will let your followers preview the song.

Here are some examples of NaNplayer song tweets.

#NowPlaying Deep South [Oakenfold Remix] by Bushwacka & Layo http://NaN.fm/?493

#NowPlaying As The Rush Comes by Motorcycle http://NaN.fm/?491

#NowPlaying Diary of a Madman by Ozzy Osbourne http://NaN.fm/?600

I am working on adding more social networking functionality. This includes Facebook song sharing as well as the ability to share entire playlists and albums for your friends to check out. It's really a great way to recommend music to others.
    WOW! you sir are a genius.
    ummm... where's the tweet button... I set up my twitter account but i dont see this? Do you mean I have to post that stuff on my twitter or what?
  8.    #1448  
    When you're on the Now Playing view, swipe the control bar(prev,pause,next,etc.) towards the left. You'll see several other controls there.

Looks like this.
    Last edited by Blubble; 05/13/2010 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    Wait, there's a 3.6mm audio cable? I'm using the 3.5, should I look for this? Would this help with the speaker phone issue when taking calls while connected to my audio port in my to the phone? The person on the other end cant hear me but I can hear them over my car speakers.
    Actually I was referring to the version of NaN i had on my phone... but I've been having that same problem since the 1st phone update. idk what the problem is sorry.
    I don't know of any simple and widely available way to distribute a paid app outside the catalog.
    You can submit your application to Palm for web distribution, The process is identical to the App catalog submission process and the user experience is nearly the same. You can charge whatever you like for the App and Palm will process the payments for you in the same manner as the main catalog.

The 2 major differences are:
    • They will not review your app, so you are free to have whatever code you like
    • Your app will not show up in the main catalog, but with your website this shouldn't be a huge issue.

I think this would be a good way to go, whenever they get their APIs published you could move to the main app catalog.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  11.    #1451  
    Tried that already. They said no dice. In fact, they want even let me put it in the beta feed. It's really ridiculous. They won't even compromise a little.

Frankly, if I wasn't this far into this app, I'd just bail and make an Android version. I'm tired of Palm's BS. They've been stringing me along since last September with "just a few months". Now they are telling me fall. I hope they mean fall 2010.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    Actually I was referring to the version of NaN i had on my phone... but I've been having that same problem since the 1st phone update. idk what the problem is sorry.
    Thanks Loco, thought I was missing something.....
    Tried that already. They said no dice. In fact, they want even let me put it in the beta feed. It's really ridiculous. They won't even compromise a little.

Frankly, if I wasn't this far into this app, I'd just bail and make an Android version. I'm tired of Palm's BS. They've been stringing me along since last September with "just a few months". Now they are telling me fall. I hope they mean fall 2010.
    U know what will be really frustrating?.. When they release the API and its identical.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Showing 74 pages but only.........closing and re-opening.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    You can submit your application to Palm for web distribution, The process is identical to the App catalog submission process and the user experience is nearly the same. You can charge whatever you like for the App and Palm will process the payments for you in the same manner as the main catalog.

The 2 major differences are:
    • They will not review your app, so you are free to have whatever code you like
    • Your app will not show up in the main catalog, but with your website this shouldn't be a huge issue.

I think this would be a good way to go, whenever they get their APIs published you could move to the main app catalog.
    You can't submit any applications that use private APIs. The apps in the web and beta feed ARE REVIEWED... by a machine. This machine checks for private apis, such as the one blubble is using.
  16.    #1456  
    Actually, it checks for app domain. I tried it once on a lark and the upload page stated that my account didn't have rights to upload a palm.com app. So it's clearly possible. Someone would just have to flip a switch somewhere. They just don't want to.

The announced time of "Fall" is a complete joke, so they expect devs to wait another 5 or six months to have critically needed APIS. I'm talking about basic things like File I/O, microphone, music indexing, etc. Telling us to use the PDK is not an answer when they've pushed us down the web apps direction for the last year. I'm not going to spend another several months coding my way around their stupid restrictions.

I've really about had it waiting for Palm to pull their heads out of wherever they have them. This is easily one of the best apps on the platform and they just don't give a damn.

I am pretty close to just saying **** this and buy an EVO 4G so I can start working on an Android version. I'll still release the WebOS whenever they finally let me, but it will cease to be my primary focus.
    i'm not trying to make excuses or anything for Palm. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all your hard work and i'm sure all the other beta testers and precentral community members feel the same way. I hope palm finally helps you out here, I would hate to lose such a great dev to Android. Thanks again, seriously.
    Also, is there a way to make donations for your hard work?
  18.    #1458  
    Don't worry, let me be clear in that I will not be abandoning WeBOS. I really love the OS and I am 100% behind Palm. I just wish they'd move their butts a little. It's hard to be patient sometimes while the rest of the industry is flying by.

The Android version has always been in the plans. It's too big a market to ignore. My plan is to support both platforms in the long run.

However, I only plan to do a tablet version for WebOS. It's still my favorite. I have some really special stuff planned for the tablet version.

I appreciate the thought, but for now there is no need for donations. Your support and help with testing is enough. The money will come at some point through sales.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Don't worry, let me be clear in that I will not be abandoning WeBOS. I really love the OS and I am 100% behind Palm. I just wish they'd move their butts a little. It's hard to be patient sometimes while the rest of the industry is flying by.

The Android version has always been in the plans. It's too big a market to ignore. My plan is to support both platforms in the long run.

However, I only plan to do a tablet version for WebOS. It's still my favorite. I have some really special stuff planned for the tablet version.

I appreciate the thought, but for now there is no need for donations. Your support and help with testing is enough. The money will come at some point through sales.
    We will be here at Android with open arms my friend, I know I will.
    oh god a tablet version, im salivating already!