Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I am considering adding a feature to the song tweets and I am interested in your opinions about it as users.

The idea is to incorporate a shortened URL into the tweets(like a bit.ly link). Those would link to a page on a NaNapps website that would incorporate an Amazon MP3 song preview widget. Aside from that, it would not contain any other advertising.

I'll fully disclose that I would stand to make a small commission on any music purchase made through those links. However, that is not the primary motivation.

I think it takes the sharing of music through song tweets a lot farther. Your followers would be able to not only see, but also hear your song tweets. I could configure it so they can also quickly see other songs on the same album and by the same artist. Of course, if they want to buy a track, there's no better place than always DRM free Amazon MP3.

On many occasions, I've seen someone's song tweet and wanted to check out the song. I could go search somewhere and find a sample, but a link in the song tweets would be pretty cool.

What are your thoughts on this?

I can't embed the widget code here, so if you want to see what it would look like, go here http://nanapps.com/songlinks/links.htm

Of course, the page would have the NaNplayer branding on it. This is just a sample.

Blubble I'd say go for it (being your motivation or not) you deserve it. This is an awesome and thoughtful app.. I use it daily!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    That's what good business is all about: making money while enhancing the experience your product provides it's users!

I dig the idea!

It just gives me another feature to brag to my friends about.

...and honestly I really like bragging!

NaNplayer ******!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I think it is a great idea. I would dig being able to preview a song that was requested without physically searching for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanTheMan View Post
    blubble, there are SOOO MANY freakin islands that i just learned cause of you lmao.
    lol. I looked at maps and images on goggle and bing.
    I know I've must of looked at 400 or more pics and did not see anything near
    the two pics he posted
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

5.    #1365  
    Glad y'all are liking the idea. That's only the tip of the iceberg.

There more super cool music sharing features coming to NaNplayer. I just bought a great domain today in preparation for launching some of these features. I am stoked about the stuff I have in store for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Booch View Post
    I think it is a great idea. I would dig being able to preview a song that was requested without physically searching for it...
    agreed. Sounds like a good business model, you make something while providing a valuable service without annoying your user. I don't see a downside to what you're proposing, Blubble.
    I am exploring the application and indeed it is a different experience to seek and listen to music. I like the idea of seeking some form of compensation for the effort. By the way, excellent taste in music.
    Glad y'all are liking the idea. That's only the tip of the iceberg.

There more super cool music sharing features coming to NaNplayer. I just bought a great domain today in preparation for launching some of these features. I am stoked about the stuff I have in store for you.
    Thanks for all you have done with NaNplayer.
    thanks for letting all of us help you in the testing process.
    looking forward to the new features to come.

PS.
    I've been running this app for a few days and have not encountered any problems as of yet

some of my songs are not in the lyrics database. but its all good
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

9.    #1369  
    @oodlou, Your burrito is weak. My burrito will give your burrito a noogie.
  10.    #1370  
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    I am exploring the application and indeed it is a different experience to seek and listen to music. I like the idea of seeking some form of compensation for the effort. By the way, excellent taste in music.
    Thanks. Of course, I am planning on charging for the app once it goes into the app catalog. There will most likely be a free one though. I haven't decided if it will be a time limited trial or be ad-supported.

If I go with an ad supported version, the ads won't be terribly intrusive and they would only display occasionally. The paid app will never have any ads.

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I say you totally should & would probably be more apt to purchase it that way knowing that someone is getting a profit from it that has been working hard independently to make such a cool app! *I'm all for supporting the little guys that put out quality innovative apps!

Any chance that with the Amazon tie in that not only songs we buy via Nanplayer would include the metadata & album artwork, but also a feature to access the amazon db to tag & get artwork for songs we have loaded that are missing it? *Tag&Rename is a program that does this fairly easily & I don't think it's terribly tough or costs? *It's just nice feature that when you come across a song missing info to easily correct it!! *

Thanks again!!

I am considering adding a feature to the song tweets and I am interested in your opinions about it as users.

The idea is to incorporate a shortened URL into the tweets(like a bit.ly link). Those would link to a page on a NaNapps website that would incorporate an Amazon MP3 song preview widget. Aside from that, it would not contain any other advertising.

I'll fully disclose that I would stand to make a small commission on any music purchase made through those links. However, that is not the primary motivation.

I think it takes the sharing of music through song tweets a lot farther. Your followers would be able to not only see, but also hear your song tweets. I could configure it so they can also quickly see other songs on the same album and by the same artist. Of course, if they want to buy a track, there's no better place than always DRM free Amazon MP3.

On many occasions, I've seen someone's song tweet and wanted to check out the song. I could go search somewhere and find a sample, but a link in the song tweets would be pretty cool.

What are your thoughts on this?

I can't embed the widget code here, so if you want to see what it would look like, go here [url]

Of course, the page would have the NaNplayer branding on it. This is just a sample.
  12.    #1372  
    Unfortunately, the SDK does not currently the updating of track tags.

There is an album art download feature in the app though. When you are listening to a track that doesn't have art, tap the upper left app menu, and choose Find Album Art.
    Last edited by Blubble; 05/06/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Carrying over my conversation from the Audio Playback Speed thread I started...

First of all thanks for the reply and for your interest in possibly incorporating an audio playback speed adjuster into the player. Seemed like the other post on there from Prenosicator indicated that they were looking to incorporate that kind of feature for their video recorder Precorder so maybe possibility exists to look to them for some code?

Anyhow, after taking a look at the player (specifically the video of it in action), all I can say is wow, this is a music player! Too many great features to comment on every one, but the actual speed of the app, quick alphabetical search, and playlist capabilities have me ready to switch now.

Seems like you're thinking about both a free ad supported version and a paid version? I don't know much about what kind of revenue cost/benefit there is with going that route, but I like the idea of giving people options in that way. I'll definitely be buying this one when it drops. Hopefully it will land soon. Keep up the great work!
  14.    #1374  
    Thanks. The code for variable playback speed should be fairly simple. I just need to work out the best way to implement it in the user interface.
    Bubble,

I'm really impressed with all the work going into NaNplayer. After watching your videos, the Pre's stock media player really pales in comparison. I just recently got my Pre and I'm anxious to get on your beta testers group to help with the development. Still accepting more beta testers?
  16.    #1376  
    For the moment, I am only accepting established PreCentral members. Once you've been around a bit and have participated in the forums, we can revisit your request.

It's just that this community has provided a lot of support throughout the development process and the first slots go to those members that have been here a while.
    I completely understand. That's only fair. Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll be back!
    SO im not sure if this has been covered in previous posts, i didn't feel like reading thru 70 pages

Whenever im in a playlist or just playing all songs and click the shuffle songs button, it will automatically switch to the next song. Would it be possible, or would anyone like it better, if after you clicked the button it would finish the song you are currently on and then start shuffling?
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    SO im not sure if this has been covered in previous posts, i didn't feel like reading thru 70 pages

Whenever im in a playlist or just playing all songs and click the shuffle songs button, it will automatically switch to the next song. Would it be possible, or would anyone like it better, if after you clicked the button it would finish the song you are currently on and then start shuffling?
    i agree 100%, but i think we supposed to post this in the beta forum.
  20.    #1380  
    Yes please do. There is a thread about it there. Thanks.