Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1998
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Gotta love it. You'd think they'd give you a *little* time to clean up after yourself. I may just pick your brain a little on this.. if you have time.

No problem. It really is a serious pain to have to change to multi stage, but it was the only way it would work. I thought I was done, but just realized the color picker is all wonked up.

Now I am trying to figure out how to set the body background color again.
  2.    #1282  
    OK. Now that's fixed.

FYI. I had to use the following to access the body tag.

Code:
    this.controller.document.body
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I ended up switching the app to multi-stage this weekend so I could make the auto bookmarks work the way I wanted them. It was the only way to get around the fact that webos doesn't wait for the app to finish cleanup code when it's swiped closed.

You'd never believe all the crap I had to change for multi stage. You can't use the Prototype $() notation, Event.Observe doesn't work, etc. Even the errordialogs have to be called differently.

I'm finally getting through debugging all the changes involved. Now the beta testers get to test every little feature in the app over again to make sure nothing's gone wonky.
    Heh, I did this with one of my apps recently as well. Tis a pain for sure.
  4.    #1284  
    Yeah. It's really awful how much stuff you break with that simple nowindow:true.

I guess we've learned to always code our apps with the multistage restrictions in mind, even if we plan to make it single stage at first.

It was worth it in this case though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    I think people are excited for NaNplayer.
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    You should appoint a trustworthy person to handle all of your beta requests so you can focus on code.
    So do you know or have a estimate when you will be able to submit this app to the catalog?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
  8.    #1288  
    That entirely depends on when Palm opens up the media indexing APIs. If it's in the next month or so, then I'll just take a week off work and knock out the remaining things so I can submit it.

If they actually do take until fall to release the API, I will probably create a custom plugin using the PDK.

For now, I think that opening up the beta to a much wider group is a good solution. That way everyone that's been chomping at the bit to try it will get a chance, and I get some breathing room to continue working. Right now, I have about 150 testers and the number will probably be closer to 300 when I get all the requests processed.
    Last edited by Blubble; 04/27/2010 at 06:02 PM.
  9.    #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    So do you know or have a estimate when you will be able to submit this app to the catalog?
    That's a good idea. I'll think about delegating some of those duties.
    Blubble,

Are you taking any new beta sign ups?
    I would love to help, if you are taking any more beta sign-ups.
  12.    #1292  
    Not at the moment. I'll let you all know when I have some more slots. As it is, I have a huge backlog of requests to process.
    Not at the moment. I'll let you all know when I have some more slots. As it is, I have a huge backlog of requests to process.
    That's cool. I look forward to helping.
  14.    #1294  
    Thanks for your patience. It won't be too long. I just need to focus on coding right now.
    Bubbles.... how does it feel that HP just showed it's hand and is all in with Palm... A possible explosion in the WebOS user base in the future.

Just imagine it now... you have made, possibly one of the best music players out there!!! I would get on the horn with Palm/HP.. do i dare say possibly making this the default player? some sort of licensing deal?

I can see it now.. a commercial just featuring your music player... downloading music(from somewhere) then playing the song album cover pops up.. and then BOOM hitting a button for lyrics!

man o man am i excited to be a developer!!!
    Last edited by antonio3; 04/28/2010 at 09:48 PM.
  16.    #1296  
    Yes. I'm excited as well. Now Palm has the money to build some top quality hardware and extend WebOS. The idea of a powerful tablet running WebOS is awesome. That would allow for a full media app with a very cool interface.

We'll see how it goes with Palm and HP. I imagine they'll improve their stock media apps, but by the time they catch up with the current state of NaNplayer, I will be far into a lot of the features I have planned for the future. When I have the hardware power and SDK flexibility to develop the things I really want to do, you will all be blown away.

As it stands, I am quite happy with how NaNplayer has come along, but it really has been an exercise in frustration to have to work around so many limitations and obstacles that shouldn't be there. I am glad that Palm will now have the resources to give devs what we need. Exciting indeed.
    haha i'm kinda giddy at this point... count me in when your ready to let this baby fly!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I just saw an article by Pal Pebra from 4/20 that I thought I'd share:

By the year 2020 every high school student in the nation will be required to take, and pass, 4 years of Codish in order to graduate. The Codish language will emerge as the universal language shortly thereafter." And what is Codish? Here, take a look at this post on a palm pre website:

I ended up switching the app to multi-stage this weekend so I could make the auto bookmarks work the way I wanted them. It was the only way to get around the fact that webos doesn't wait for the app to finish cleanup code when it's swiped closed.

You'd never believe all the crap I had to change for multi stage. You can't use the Prototype $() notation, Event.Observe doesn't work, etc. Even the errordialogs have to be called differently.

I'm finally getting through debugging all the changes involved. Now the beta testers get to test every little feature in the app over again to make sure nothing's gone wonky.

The good news is that the auto bookmark feature works beautifully.
    Well, I've been speaking the English language for 34 years and, while the sure looks like English, I have nlo clue what any of it means...but it definitely seems like it has some real potential. For example, check out this combo of capitalization, punctuation, and even spacing...very impressive if you ask me: ** the Prototype $() notation, Event.Observe ** I've never seen anything like it...it kinda looks like...well, it sorta looks like...not a clue. And this is my personal favorite: ** wonky. ** I can't wait to start using this one...maybe like "yo, that's wonky" or "hey, why you bein wonky?" or even "I'm gonna get me some wonky" I still got no clue what it means but I like it...a lot!

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------
    blubbles... no offense intended...it's purely the result of a very long day, and an even longer night... big props to you for all your work & i can't wait to check out the NaN...if you want my post removed just say the word!

"
  19.    #1299  
    Ha Ha. No offense taken.

It does look like gibberish, but I assure you it all means something

Most of that was technical terms that would mean something to the other developers in this forum. It is a development forum after all. It's basically total geek speak.

Prototype is a programming framework that you use to do certain things in WebOS.

$() notation allows you to select an element. Something like $('myButton') to select a button. Then you can do things to the element. Some worse than others, but certainly nothing you'd want your mother to know about.

Event.Observe is a way to assign a handler to an element. You can assign a handler to a button or other widget that runs certain code when the user taps a button. I'm working on a tap handler that electrically shocks the user for playing anything by Lady Caca or Cher :-p

For "wonky", I'll leave you in the capable hands of our shady friends at UrbanDictionary.com

Urban Dictionary: wonky

Now that you mention it, I'm feeling kind of wonky myself. Maybe it's that muscle relaxer I took for my jacked up back. Nothing like writing code when you're wonky on Soma.
    Ha Ha. No offense taken.
    Event.Observe is a way to assign a handler to an element. You can assign a handler to a button or other widget that runs certain code when the user taps a button. I'm working on a tap handler that electrically shocks the user for playing anything by Lady Caca or Cher :-p
    Ah, come on, Blubb... You know I want your Bad Romance.