Page 64 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1998
    Any chance I can jump into beta testing? Looks like your doing a great job with it.
  2.    #1262  
    Please send beta requests as PMs.

BTW, If I told you last week that I was going to send you registration info and didn't, please PM and remind me.

For the others, if I haven't responded to your initial request yet, I will get to you soon. Please don't send another PM. My inbox is busting at the seems
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I sent you a beta request a week ago as a reply on Twitter (mechasonic). I suppose I should have sent one here. My fault.

I'll send you one now as a PM. I hope I'm still able to be considered in the near-future.
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, it looks like Palm will finally release the media indexer AND also File I/O ! I hope this means that Blubble will be able to officially incorporate file/folder based playback
    >>>read more about it here<<<
  5.    #1265  
    Let's hope they release those things soon. "Fall" is a really long time away. If it's going to be 5 months to get those new APIs, I'll probably go ahead and roll my own with the PDK.
    In that case FYI... Jason Robitaille's custom File I/O Service is now out of beta and available to developers to use within their apps. See here...
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filemgr-service
  7.    #1267  
    I'd love to be able to use that, but it would restrict the app to homebrew only fate. I'd rather do a custom PDK solution. Palm has assured me that a PDK solution like I am planning is acceptable for the catalog.

Now if Palm busts out with file i/o in the next update, then my life will be considerably easier.
    is there a way to set this as the default media player? I would love to play my zumodrive files with it.
  9.    #1269  
    I think you'd need a patch for that.
    ^I *thought* I'd sent you a PM asking for access to your beta over the weekend. It appears I had... but not read blurb PreCentral echoed when I hit the send button:

Blubble has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    You must've had a lot of PMs then I only noticed this now as I nipped in to check it had gone through only to find no trace of the original PM.
  11.    #1271  
    Yeah. It's crazy. The forum gives you a max capacity for your private message mailbox.

My Private Message inbox is full. Please do not send any PMs for now.

I think that illustrates the amoung of requests I've gotten.

That being the case, I am not going to accept any more new requests for the moment.

Those of you that have already sent requests (including norf) will be processed as I have time. I am very busy preparing the next beta version, so it may be a few to several days before I get back to beta registrations. Once I've cleared away some of the backlog, I'll open up requests again.
    Last edited by Blubble; 04/26/2010 at 09:49 AM.
    Thanks Bubble. You are a gentleman
    DANG... just when i thought i was going to be apart of the beta experience
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Doh! I had just sent a request to join the beta the other day. Oh well. Just let us know when you are accepting applications again.
  15.    #1275  
    if you've already sent a request, I will get to it.
    I had sent the request twice.. one on 25th and the other on 23rd.
  17.    #1277  
    I know. I saw your message when it came through.

If you successfully sent me a PM within the last few weeks, I will get to it.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I think people are excited for NaNplayer.
  19.    #1279  
    Ha Ha. Yep.

I'm not complaining. I just don't want people to think I've forgotten about their requests. I'm buried with code changes.

For example...

I ended up switching the app to multi-stage this weekend so I could make the auto bookmarks work the way I wanted them. It was the only way to get around the fact that webos doesn't wait for the app to finish cleanup code when it's swiped closed.

You'd never believe all the crap I had to change for multi stage. You can't use the Prototype $() notation, Event.Observe doesn't work, etc. Even the errordialogs have to be called differently.

I'm finally getting through debugging all the changes involved. Now the beta testers get to test every little feature in the app over again to make sure nothing's gone wonky.

The good news is that the auto bookmark feature works beautifully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I ended up switching the app to multi-stage this weekend so I could make the auto bookmarks work the way I wanted them. It was the only way to get around the fact that webos doesn't wait for the app to finish cleanup code when it's swiped closed.

You'd never believe all the crap I had to change for multi stage. You can't use the Prototype $() notation, Event.Observe doesn't work, etc. Even the errordialogs have to be called differently.

I'm finally getting through debugging all the changes involved. Now the beta testers get to test every little feature in the app over again to make sure nothing's gone wonky.
    Gotta love it. You'd think they'd give you a *little* time to clean up after yourself. I may just pick your brain a little on this.. if you have time.