Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1998
    Hey Blubble, are you going to make the video on how the background color changing is?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Hey Blubble, are you going to make the video on how the background color changing is?

Thanks.
    What needs to be in video about that kind of feature anyway? I'd imagine you change the color in the preference, and it changes in the app. Sounds pretty self explanatory to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post

Thanks.
    check that out.
    http://wimg.mp/0Ka.png
  4.    #1224  
    Yeah, it's pretty basic. I posted a screenshot last week I think. You just tap on the textbox with the HTML color (#242424 by default) and the color picker pops up. You can tap on it or drag your finger around to see different colors. When you lift your finger it sets the background throughout the app to the color you picked.

I don't think that I'll ever put in a way to put in a wallpaper though. The app's design really doesn't lend itself to that. I damn near fought with some designer friends of mine over putting in the color picker. Damn pixel pushers

I am considering letting users pick a default image to show instead of the album art if they so choose. It would appear only in the Now Playing view in the same spot.

I will eventually add a way for people to skin the app. I'll publish a sample skin including icons, html layout and css. Users can then create their own skins. The app will have a skin picker.
    I am very happy to see that you are still working on and planning to release the NaNplayer. I wish I had noticed your forum sooner. If you are interested in more beta testers pm me. Is the player going to work well with audio books? I have been playing around with audio books as of late in the mp3 format and using music player remix as it remembers the last spot, but still could use some improvements. Thanks for the continued work!
    Love the idea of being able to choose a picture for the now playing spot
    could we have a skins repository which we can access and download through the app?
    no new posts today. Any news?
  9.    #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    could we have a skins repository which we can access and download through the app?

Sorry I missed this post. Yes, I do plan on having a section on the NaNapps site where users can download skins. I don't know how exactly it will work yet.
  10.    #1230  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexweidner View Post
    no new posts today. Any news?
    I've neglected this old thread

It's been busy this last week. I widened the beta to well over 100 testers and they're really helping polish things up for the public release.
    Blubble Love your work.. Am really interested in provide a helping hand in Beta Testing.
    PMed you.
    Blubble sent you a PM.
    never really listen to music (have zero mp3s on my pre), but check out the vids and looks like a great app!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  14.    #1234  
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    Hey Blubble,

Sorry if you answered this question already, I'm kind of tired, but on the demo, are you using the iTunes file structure or a folder hierarchy? I'm asking because after wanting to massacre my phone because of poor performance with a folder (Artist/Album) hierarchy in USB mode, I finally relented to syncing with MediaMonkey via iTunes media sync, and the program is now much faster. Will nanplayer still need to be iTunes synced to be as fast as in the demo or will it be as fast even with a folder hierarchy?
  16.    #1236  
    I don't think it matters. I will occasionally sync songs from Windows Media Player. Itt creates a folder structure (media/internal/music/artist/album). However, I often just copy the files over USB and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The app uses the same awful media indexing API as the stock app. The performance difference lies in what it does with the data once it's returned.
    Thanks Blubble. I was just wondering because I have my music painstakingly put in Artist/Album folders on my PC and it just broke the stock player. Using the iTunes method really speeded it up, but now I have those F1F2 folders and files all over the place and I hate it!
  18.    #1238  
    How many tracks do you have on your phone? When you say it broke the stock player, what do yo mean? Did it just take forever to pull up the list views, or was it just not able to list the music at all?
    Oh no, it worked, I'm just slightly exaggerating. I currently have 953 songs on my regular Pre and the stock playwr would literally take upwards of seven seconds to go from a playlist view to opening up a playlist of 178 songs. Opening the app took a few seconds to generate album views and searching songs would take a long time for them to show up. It would also get screwed up doing shuffle if you hit the shuffle too quickly. Using it in conjunction with anything else would make it worse and it was honestly so slow and frustrating for me that I used Grooveshark or Slacker a lot. Since changing over, these things (opening the app, showing artwork, opening playlists) are near instantaneous.
    Thanks for the response Blubble, I sent you a PM back.