Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1998
  1.    #1181  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    blubble where do we post comments? This is going to make me load all the music back on my pre. I had installed Ampache players to stream from my home computer but this app makes me want to go back to the on device music. Will we able to stream ampache to this app eventually? This is the greatest and definitely worth the wait.

Please send comments to the email address from which you received the welcome email.

To be honest, I don't know a lot about Ampache beyond what I've seen on the forums. My understanding is that it's a media library server you can set up to stream your music. Are there public Ampache servers that users can listen to without setting up their own?
    Ok thanks I don't know I can ask the two devs of the ampache apps for the Pre though.

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    There probably are public servers, but the problem with that is the legal issues. It is illegal to stream music that you do not own the copyrights to. So they are probably very rare and hard to find. I dunno, I have never tried searching for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    You would have to use ampaches open api located here Ampache's XML API STABLE VERSION [Ampache :: Wiki]
    This was the response about Ampache. I tell my teachers if you have a suggestion come with a possible solution.
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/06/2010 at 10:49 PM.
    would ampache mean i would have to have a server 24/7 running just for music?
  4.    #1184  
    @mamouton,

Thanks for the info. I'll look into how hard that would be to implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    would ampache mean i would have to have a server 24/7 running just for music?
    You'll need a 24/7 server. But not exclusively for music though.
  6.    #1186  
    That could be pretty cumbersome for most users. I'd probably just opt to use Grooveshark. They let you upload music, but there's already so much there, you probably won't need to.

It's really a pretty great service. I hardly ever use Pandora anymore. The Grooveshark web version is free. If you want to use the mobile version, it's $3 USD a month. The WebOS app is free. In fact, you can try it free for the first 50 songs you listen to.
    can you add grooveshark capability?
  8.    #1188  
    I'm sure it could technically be done, as they have an SDK app available in the catalog.

However, I don't know if Grooveshark would allow it, precisely because they already have their own app.

I will ask though.
  9.    #1189  
    BTW, If anyone else missed the call for beta testers and you would still like to participate, PM me. We went way over the original 20, so why not a few more.
    your jst great blubble. Sent pm.
    blubble ... i think i sent two messages. sorry.
  12.    #1192  
    No prob. The PM system can be a bit funky sometimes.

For anyone PMing for beta access, I will get back with you later tonight.
    I have never sent a PM before so I don't if this is normal. I tried sending you a PM, after I send it brings me to my inbox but when I look at my 'sent items' I don't see anything sent. I tried again and the same thing happened, so sorry if I sent two PMs. If they did not get sent, I do want to be apart of the Beta test.
    Shalom
  14.    #1194  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen3712 View Post
    I have never sent a PM before so I don't if this is normal. I tried sending you a PM, after I send it brings me to my inbox but when I look at my 'sent items' I don't see anything sent. I tried again and the same thing happened, so sorry if I sent two PMs. If they did not get sent, I do want to be apart of the Beta test.
    Don't worry. I got your PM and will get to you with more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen3712 View Post
    Yeah I had the same problem. I realized that you have to choose the option to save the pm to your sent box.
  16.    #1196  
    OK. I think that everyone that's asked has gotten an invitation for the beta. We've more than tripled the number of testers and I'm getting some great feedback.

After tonight, I'm going to stop taking requests for now. I need to get back to coding.
    Well, I messaged you, hopefully I still get an invite, as I haven't gone to bed so night is still goin for me

Hope to hear back from you. Cheers.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Just want to make a quick comment about NaNplayer: I just installed it as a beta tester. Poked around my admittedly small (for now) library on my Pre, loaded in a playlist, and I'm listening... wow. Such a pleasant experience, the app loads quickly and browsing is near instantaneous, a real treat next to the default music app.

I have to say... I'm just floored that someone is developing such a sweet music app in their spare time while the default player is so mediocre.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate, Blubble. I'll give Palm the benefit of the doubt and trust that their software development resources are being dedicated to improving the platform as a whole, so it's a real bonus that you're creating such solid work that makes the Pre more competitive as a media device.

I can honestly say that I'm once again interested in listening to music on my Pre again, which I haven't been since last June / July.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Just want to make a quick comment about NaNplayer: I just installed it as a beta tester. Poked around my admittedly small (for now) library on my Pre, loaded in a playlist, and I'm listening... wow. Such a pleasant experience, the app loads quickly and browsing is near instantaneous, a real treat next to the default music app.

I have to say... I'm just floored that someone is developing such a sweet music app in their spare time while the default player is so mediocre.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate, Blubble. I'll give Palm the benefit of the doubt and trust that their software development resources are being dedicated to improving the platform as a whole, so it's a real bonus that you're creating such solid work that makes the Pre more competitive as a media device.

I can honestly say that I'm once again interested in listening to music on my Pre again, which I haven't been since last June / July.
    I'll second this. I just got the beta installed, and have only had a short time to play around with it, and I'm already impressed. So to everyone waiting for this to be released, a little more patience.. it'll be worth it.
    <Cough>NDA<cough>