Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1998
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Do you just not have anything better to do than post snide remarks in this thread? You clearly have no concept of what's involved in developing software. If you don't have anything worthwhile to post, please move along.

I'm just saying that this thread has been open since July 09, I've been following this thread since the Pre came to verizon. You talk more about what other stuff you wanna add, then the actual progress of the app. I'm sorry if me being impatient is coming off badly, I would just like to read some progress on the app itself, not what features you wanna keep adding after it comes out. I've said times before that this app looks amazing and will buy it if it becomes a paid app.

I would just rather know what problems you are having and how things are working out, instead of what you wanna add in a future version.
  2.    #1122  
    Well, this thread has been going on since I first started experimenting with playing audio with WebOS. That experimenting turned into plans for an app and this thread became a development log of sorts. Also, I didn't do much work on this for the last three months of 2009.

A lot of what goes on in this thread is answering questions from the community. If someone asks about a feature that isn't currently in the app, I don't want to ignore them. If it's something that is on the future to-do list, then I let them know. I realize that it can make the thread hard to dig through, but feedback and suggestions from the community have proven invaluable throughout the development process.

More than one person has asked about a complete existing feature list. When I have some time, I will post one.

The app will be out soon enough and I will start a completely new thread for the public beta.
  3.    #1123  
    I do have some good news. I finished the next beta version 0.4.2 this weekend. This is going out to the private beta testers tonight or tomorrow.

Every major feature that will be included in the initial release version is now functional.

I expect to go through a round of testing for this version and then hopefully just one more version(0.4.3) before the public release. So it looks like we're on track for an April release.

One thing to be clear on is that the initial public release will be a public beta. Everything works well, but you may run into bugs that haven't been found by the testers or me.
    Are the private beta testers a group of small friends or some slots open?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5.    #1125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Are the private beta testers a group of small friends or some slots open?
    Most of the testers are PreCentral members. The slots are full. I am committed to releasing the public beta in April so you won't have to wait too much longer.

Honestly, I am not crazy about releasing a beta to the general public. Techie users like you won't be a problem, but the average user that's never participated in a beta might be. We'll just see how it goes.
    Most of the testers are PreCentral members. The slots are full. I am committed to releasing the public beta in April so you won't have to wait too much longer.

Honestly, I am not crazy about releasing a beta to the general public. Techie users like you won't be a problem, but the average user that's never participated in a beta might be. We'll just see how it goes.
    *average user gets beta*

"OMFG *** IS THIS IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL"

something like that, is the beta going to be released through palms beta feed or just on preware?
  7.    #1127  
    Ha Ha. Yep. That's about right.

I'm not sure how it will be released. I'd much prefer to release it through the Palm beta feeds, but I haven't gotten an answer as to whether I can.

If not, then I suppose I'll just post it in the Precentral homebrew section. They feed into PreWare as well, right? I am not too familiar with the homebrew scene and PreWare.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Ha Ha. Yep. That's about right.

I'm not sure how it will be released. I'd much prefer to release it through the Palm beta feeds, but I haven't gotten an answer as to whether I can.

If not, then I suppose I'll just post it in the Precentral homebrew section. They feed into PreWare as well, right? I am not too familiar with the homebrew scene and PreWare.
    You won't be able to submit it through the beta feeds. Even beta and web apps have to follow the "no undocumented api's" rule.

Yep, Precentral homebrew feeds into preware.
  9.    #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    You won't be able to submit it through the beta feeds. Even beta and web apps have to follow the "no undocumented api's" rule.

Yep, Precentral homebrew feeds into preware.
    I realize that's the official policy. They may allow it though. I'm waiting to hear from some contacts at Palm.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I realize that's the official policy. They may allow it though. I'm waiting to hear from some contacts at Palm.
    Oh really? That's awesome!
    I would just start with a release right here in the forums first.

Order of release:

-Private Beta Testers
    -Forums
    -PreCentral.net Homebrew (or possibly Palm Beta)

One step at a time?

12.    #1132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Oh really? That's awesome!
    Don't get too excited. I am not exactly holding my breath. I've gotten conflicting answers from people at Palm, so I am waiting on the final say on the issue.

I may just say **** it and upload it to the Palm beta. They can take it down if they want.

I would certainly prefer to release it through Palm's Beta feed so more people have access to it. Either way, the people that really want it will be able to get it.
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I would just start with a release right here in the forums first.

Order of release:

-Private Beta Testers
    -Forums
    -PreCentral.net Homebrew (or possibly Palm Beta)

One step at a time?
    What do you mean by the forums? How do I release it to just the forums?
    I may just say **** it and upload it to the Palm beta. They can take it down if they want.
    That's what I'm thinking... easier to ask forgiveness then beg permission
    What do you mean by the forums? How do I release it to just the forums?
    Just provide a link to the .ipk (with a few mirrors). This forces anyone who wants the app to be a registered member of the forums with at least 10 posts. There won't be must publicity about it either this way unlike if you listed it in Homebrew feed or Preware. If you wanted to, you could also ask the PreCentral editors to not create an article about the app to keep the commotion to a minimal. It all depends on how you want to work it out.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Don't get too excited. I am not exactly holding my breath. I've gotten conflicting answers from people at Palm, so I am waiting on the final say on the issue.

I would certainly prefer to release it through Palm's Beta feed so more people have access to it. Either way, the people that really want it will be able to get it.
    That's true but the fact that you've had some positive answers is good news.

Unfortunately even if you wanted to submit the app anyway, the apps in the beta feed (and web) run through a computer-automated "security check", looking for malicious code and/or undocumented API's.
    doesn't an app like dr poddder use the same apis to playback downlosded podcasts?. .
  18.    #1138  
    @jusegozu,

The restricted API in question allows you to see what music files are on the phone. DrPodder pulls it's info off the internet, so it doesn't need the same API.

If I recall, the dev of Dr. Podder had to stay homebrew for a while when it first came out.
  19.    #1139  
    OK. This outta see who's paying attention. I'm opening 20 more slots for NaNplayer private beta. First come first served. Only requirement is that your PreCentral account is more than a month old. Wanna give the regulars first shot.

If I've already personally asked you to participate, you don't have to respond to this. You are guaranteed a slot.

Private beta participation requires registration and NDA. If you'd rather not register, the public beta will be out in a few weeks.

Private Message me if you're interested.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Id like to be part of the Beta if possible.. sent a DM via Twitter!