Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Now what could this be?

I'll post a video with more details about this and the Song Tweet feature tonight.

Looks good, I've been waiting for this color selection lol
    amazing!!!!!!!!
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    That, and a color selector for the background (& foreground?)
    For now it's a color selector for the background. I am not sure how to best handle the text color. I am inclined to go with just black and white since I can't make icons in every color and it would look weird to have text in one color and icons in another. Same goes with the yellow highlight color.

After the initial release, I will work on the skin switcher in order to allow users to create fully custom skins for the app.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Something slick to add to the 2.0 version might be a lyrics download toggle. Create a database of each song on the device, and do a one-time lookup of the song on Internet Lyrics websites, download to directory on the device, and then display the lyrics whenever that song is played.

I say a 'one-time' lookup because I'm sure it would incur a big delay if the song playback was paused while internet fetching of the lyrics was performed.
    do you have the multiple languages set up yet? just wondering only because i'm implementing this now in my first little app..
  6.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by bspesq View Post
    Something slick to add to the 2.0 version might be a lyrics download toggle. Create a database of each song on the device, and do a one-time lookup of the song on Internet Lyrics websites, download to directory on the device, and then display the lyrics whenever that song is played.

I say a 'one-time' lookup because I'm sure it would incur a big delay if the song playback was paused while internet fetching of the lyrics was performed.
    The app already has lyrics lookup. The user just clicks on the lyrics button when a song is playing and the lyric are retrieved and displayed. It is user initiated only. The app never initiates network connections automatically.

Due to the nature of lyrics lookup services, many users will find that lyrics are not available for many songs. In that case, the user will have the option to find the lyrics on his own and copy them into the app. Those lyrics will be saved locally and will be available whenever that user plays the song.
  7.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    do you have the multiple languages set up yet? just wondering only because i'm implementing this now in my first little app..
    Not yet, but I will be adding localizations for a few languages. The first localization option will be for Spanish. If there is enough demand, I will add other languages. Probably German and French.

Really, Palm makes localizing your apps insanely easy so it's really just a matter of getting the various strings translated.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The app already has lyrics lookup. The user just clicks on the lyrics button when a song is playing and the lyric are retrieved and displayed.
    You rock.

Could I also ask: is your application using a new mp3 playback engine (not the stock decoder/player on the Pre)? I ask because the Pre seems to have the worst mp3 decoding capability of any piece of playback software that I've ever seen--it seems like about 50% of my music refuses to playback, or will barf in the middle of a song. Since I know of only two music players currently for the Pre, and they both use the built-in (pulseaudio?) playback engine, I have found no way to get around this.

I'm hoping your software will stop my daily cursing. I've been meaning to dig into the phone and find out what is unable to playback audio, or find a way to get Music Player to use another playback mechanism (is there an mpg123 compiled for this platform?), but haven't known where to even start.
  9.    #1090  
    For now, I am using the same internal media server that the stock app uses. This will likely change at some point after the release of the public beta. I am planning on writing a custom audio plugin using the PDK.

However, it strikes me as odd that you have so much trouble with your MP3s. There must be something strange about the way they're encoded. I haven't experienced those kinds of problems and neither have any of the beta testers.

If you'd like to point me to an MP3 with this problem or send me a copy for testing, I can see what the problem is. We can at least identify the specific incompatibility and I can try to address it when I make the audio plugin. Let me know via PM if you'd like to do that.
    would it be due to the differtn ID3 versions, e.i 2.3v2.4?
    blubbe how hard would it be to add another lyric look up website? I haven't had any luck with japanese artists. I have some suggestions.
    Alright enough with requests and questions, he should be coding not commenting!

Can't wait for this Blubble. If DataViz won't show us any love, at least we can count on you. By the way, did you look at the calendar its April 1. Think you still be able to release this month?
  13.    #1094  
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    blubbe how hard would it be to add another lyric look up website? I haven't had any luck with japanese artists. I have some suggestions.
    In order to use a lyrics site, it needs to have some sort of API that developers can use to access the lyrics. Please send me a list of the sites on your list and I'll see if anyone of them have an API I can use.
  14.    #1095  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSteelers View Post
    Alright enough with requests and questions, he should be coding not commenting!

Can't wait for this Blubble. If DataViz won't show us any love, at least we can count on you. By the way, did you look at the calendar its April 1. Think you still be able to release this month?
    If everything goes well the next couple of weeks, then yes.
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm hoping that the "couple" in "couple weeks" is no more than 2.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb81 View Post
    I'm hoping that the "couple" in "couple weeks" is no more than 2.
    or 3 or 4... or whatever it takes.

This is kinda like Christmas, you know it's coming, you know it's just around the corner, you know you're gonna get something really cool, and the anticipation is half the fun.

Besides, I can certainly appreciate that Blubble has a full time coding job, as well as all the other stuff in life that keeps us busy 26x8...
  18.    #1099  
    Well last night I was busy playing God of War 3. Gotta have some fun :-P
    Well last night I was busy playing God of War 3. Gotta have some fun :-P
    that game is so sick! Had to get the ultimate edition lol, what's ur gamertag?