Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1998
    OMG!!!! Do we have the first possible date for a release. Are you saying we could have Nanplayer in 4-5 weeks? This is awesome.

By the way for all of you out there who will hound Blubble to death on April 2 if its not out, he is not saying it will definitely be out by then or even by the end of April.
  2.    #1042  
    I was actually hoping to release it a little earlier this year, but it's taking longer than I expected. Some of that has been feature creep, but mostly it's just a result of very limited time.

I typically only get to work on the app at night and I really only have a few nights a week I can dedicate to it. It can be very tiresome to come home from a day of coding at work just to continue coding at home. I appreciate that most people have been very patient and supportive.

I will release the public beta as soon as it is reasonably bug free. Hopefully, that will be in April. It does seem like a realistic timeframe at this stage.

I'm sure that once I release it, people will find all kinds of things that the 30 or so beta testers didn't experience, but we'll deal with that then.
    This app seems incredible! I am an audiophile and my pre is my portable everything! This app will make me faster and more productive with my music!

I am in love with the concept of this app!
    one thing just popped into my head, being able to sort the songs by date added.

I still use itunes to sync my music, and when I add a bunch of songs, its annoying that they I have to search for each one individualy.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Hi rumz,

Thanks for your support. I have no problem taking time to answer questions. You're right about the need for a feature list. I am going to have a designer update the NaNapps.com site soon and we will make sure to post a feature list.

As far as the EQ goes, I am going to try creating one with the PDK. However, that will come after the initial release of the SDK version.

Things are coming together well. I've been working on the song tweet feature over the last few nights. After that, there are a few minor features to add like song ratings and then I will focus on getting a public beta ready for release. I am hoping to make that happen sometime in April.

Thanks,
    B
    Yeah, I figured it would be on the "later release / PDK" list-- just wondered if it was something you thought was doable as I don't fully understand what kind of lower level access the PDK gives you.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye on the home page and this thread
    just installed the 800 patch and curious to see how this works with it. be glad to beta test if you need...
  7.    #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post

I still use itunes to sync my music, and when I add a bunch of songs, its annoying that they I have to search for each one individualy.
    With the current SDK, this is not possible.

Hopefully, Palm will upgrade the media indexing API soon. If not, I will have to write my own with the PDK. Any PDK programming will take place after the initial release.
  8.    #1048  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    just installed the 800 patch and curious to see how this works with it. be glad to beta test if you need...
    For now, the beta is full. If I expand it between now and release time, I will let you know.

Actually, Caj2008 is part of the NaNplayer beta test program. I need to ask him how it affects the app. I can't wait to try his patch, but for now I can't while I'm developing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post

My Ipod would be next to useless without the "Recently Added" playlist. Gotta have it.
    For now, the beta is full. If I expand it between now and release time, I will let you know.

Actually, Caj2008 is part of the NaNplayer beta test program. I need to ask him how it affects the app. I can't wait to try his patch, but for now I can't while I'm developing.
    great thanks. I did notice that music remix is faster to pull up a song.
  11.    #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    My Ipod would be next to useless without the "Recently Added" playlist. Gotta have it.
    I hear you, but there is not much I can do about it for the moment.

The one thing that might work is that the app does do song counts. I am adding auto playlists for the most often played tracks. I suppose it would be easy to make an auto playlist for the songs that have the least song plays.

Of course, that isn't a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have been really excited about this app since the dev annnounced that he was working on this a year ago. But I fear that by the time it is available,most of the people on here will have jumped ship to a different phone or Palm will have gone under. I also think that most of the PRE/Pixi users are hesitant about buying apps at this point because they dont want to spend the money and then change phones in a few months.
  13.    #1053  
    I hear you man. It's hard to look past all the bad news and continue to support Palm, especially as a dev. Every industry person that sees the app says "That's a great app. Why aren't you working on an Android version instead of WebOS?".

Regardless, I am committed to support WebOS. This is despite the fact that Palm has put all kinds of roadblocks to the development of this app. I feel that their ridiculous attitude is changing with the addition of good people like Ben and Dion to their team.

As far as the release of this app, a lot of people act like this is taking forever, but they clearly don't have a clue about the development time involved in a project like this. This stuff takes time and it ain't easy. Otherwise, everyone would be doing it.

It will be done soon and everyone that doesn't want to pay for it can get a free ad-supported version. Just please click on the occasional ad so I can make a few cents.
    Last edited by Blubble; 03/26/2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I can understand its not an quick and easy thing to develop apps. The thing is when you have such a crappy media player on WebOs, and you show us this app, the wait is terrible. It's like a woman getting naked in front of me, but I can't touch her until she lets me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb81 View Post
    I can understand its not an quick and easy thing to develop apps. The thing is when you have such a crappy media player on WebOs, and you show us this app, the wait is terrible. It's like a woman getting naked in front of me, but I can't touch her until she lets me.
    you mean until you give her $100
    I hear you man. It's hard to look past all the bad news and continue to support Palm, especially as a dev. Every industry person that sees the app says "That's a great app. Why aren't you working on an Android version instead of WebOS?".

Regardless, I am committed to support WebOS. This is despite the fact that Palm has put all kinds of roadblocks to the development of this app. I feel that their ridiculous attitude is changing with the addition of good people like Ben and Dion to their team.

As far as the release of this app, a lot of people act like this is taking forever, but they clearly don't have a clue about the development time involved in a project like this. This stuff takes time and it ain't easy. Otherwise, everyone would be doing it.

It will be done soon and everyone that doesn't want to pay for it can get a free ad-supported version. Just please click on the occasional ad so I can make a few cents.
    I really do want to pay for this app, but I don't have a paypal type thing. Would I have to have one, or would it just get charged straight to my sprint bill.
    And with the ads on the free version will they go away after you click on them or stay on there? Thanks!
  17.    #1057  
    The ads only come up for a little while once per song at most. They really aren't very obtrusive.

Here's an example.

Okay I see... I like how you blended it in with the music controls.
    how much money do you get per add click? how many clicks would i have to make in order for you to get more money than if i bought the app?
  20.    #1060  
    I don't know yet. It varies, but it would probably take several hundred add clicks to add up to $5.

However, several times more people will download a free app, so ideally you make it up in volume. If everyone that uses it clicks an ad just once a day, it could amount to some nice scratch.