Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1998
  1. #1001  
    I'm excited to see this being released, but I don't understand why it just isn't released as beta. It clearly seems like you have other plans than homebrew for this app or you would've released it by now. Any user would be perfectly fine with how the app runs now.

    I'm not trying to offend if it sounded like it. You fully deserve whatever reward or credit you get from developing this app. It is quite a incredible piece of work.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  2. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #1002  
    I've got a few questions/comments regarding the app:

    Is there a way to click on a specific song/album/artist and play them next, instead of adding them to the end?

    A feature I LOVE in mediamonkey is the ability to "stop playback after current track".

    I don't think it's necessary to have the "Play All" come up in the list selector as well as having a button at the bottom. My opinion: keep the button, lose the list selector option.


    I'll probably think of more things as time goes on.
  3. #1003  
    can you skip songs using the headset that came with the pre??
  4.    #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Is there a way to click on a specific song/album/artist and play them next, instead of adding them to the end?

    A feature I LOVE in mediamonkey is the ability to "stop playback after current track".

    I don't think it's necessary to have the "Play All" come up in the list selector as well as having a button at the bottom. My opinion: keep the button, lose the list selector option.
    Yes, if you select Play Artist, it will replace whatever is in the current now playing list with all the songs by that artist. It works the same way for genre, album and song. If you select Add to Now Playing, it adds the songs to the end of the current now playling list.

    Stop Playback after Current Track wouldn't be hard to implement. I am adding an action menu to the Now Playing scene which could include something like that.

    I suppose that the Play All in both places is redundant. I don't know that it really hurts anything though. I'll think about that.

    Thanks for the feedback.
  5. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #1005  
    What's holding this app up? It's been in development forever
  6.    #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    can you skip songs using the headset that came with the pre??
    Yes. You just double tap the headset button. Single tapping pauses/plays. It's the same as the stock app.

    Eventually, I will be adding a key/button mapping feature that will let you assign commands to keys and wired or Bluetooth headset buttons. However, this will be an update after release.
  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Yes. You just double tap the headset button. Single tapping pauses/plays. It's the same as the stock app.

    Eventually, I will be adding a key/button mapping feature that will let you assign commands to keys and wired or Bluetooth headset buttons. However, this will be an update after release.
    sounds great, thank you !! You don't understand how excited I am to finally get to use this app!! I wish I was a beta tester.
  8. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Yes, if you select Play Artist, it will replace whatever is in the current now playing list with all the songs by that artist. It works the same way for genre, album and song. If you select Add to Now Playing, it adds the songs to the end of the current now playling list.
    I was wondering if you could insert the selected songs after the current song but still keep the original songs.

    Add me to the "can't wait for this app" group!
  9.    #1009  
    That's not a bad idea. It would be quite easy to have a Play Next feature. The song list is basically just an array so it would be as simple to insert a list of songs as to append songs on the end.

    I will definitely add that to my to-do list.

    Thanks
  10. #1010  
    bubble any idea of uk/eu charge for this app? Also will triple tapping the headset button go back a track?
  11. #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    bubble any idea of uk/eu charge for this app? Also will triple tapping the headset button go back a track?
    good thing is that the beta should be out in april, so we will be able to buy apps, though it would be nice to know a price point, Id rather his attention would be on making a great app (which he is on track to do)
  12.    #1012  
    I'm not sure of what the exact price would be in the UK, but it won't be more than two or three quid.

    Triple tap is not supported. I don't think that the OS media key service reports a triple tap, but I'll check.
  13. #1013  
    Blubble,

    Can you use jSTop and tell us how many Nodes and handles it use?

    Thanks.
  14.    #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Can you use JStop and tell us how many Nodes and handles it use?
    Here are some very unofficial test results. Your results may vary.

    Keep in mind that I have not really optimized things too much with all the features I've been adding.

    The comparison below is for the resources used when playing back a list of 110 songs. This covers screen display, audio playback, time display updating etc. This is the most fair comparison against the stock app. RAM figures are not super accurate and were simply based on the difference in RAM used prior to launching the app and then once the app was in the now playing scene with the music playing and nothing else happening.

    My method for playing the songs was as similar as possible in both apps. I played the songs by using each app's respective Genre list and playing back a single genre with 110 songs. I repeated the test three times in each app and tried to get a rough average.




    NaNplayer playing a song with 110 Songs total in the now playing list.

    1032 nodes
    3 handles
    1.3MB RAM (19.7MB with app running, 18.3 without it running).


    The stock app playing the same exact 110 songs,

    1104 nodes
    20 handles
    2.2MB RAM (19.5MB with app running, 17.3 without it running).


    As you can see, the stock app is less efficient in every way, yet it doesn't have half the features of NaNplayer.


    My app does some operations that will briefly use more resources for a second or two. For example, if you are viewing lyrics, downloading album art, etc. it will use more ram for a few seconds.

    I should be able to shave another 20% off the nodes in NaNplayer. When you're using smaller song lists, say 40 to 50 songs, the node count drops dramatically.
  15. #1015  
    Ok how much is two or three quid in dollars?

    Will this be able to play files from our ampache server?
  16.    #1016  
    Ha Ha. It won't be more than $5 USD.

    shaffaaf27 lives in London and was asking about prices in the UK. He's getting it free though for being a cool dude.
  17. #1017  
    My name has cool in it...kind of lol. Can I get it for free.
  18. #1018  
    Oh ok I have been following this thread since July waiting for the beta/paid release. Will it be able to play the ampache feed?
  19.    #1019  
    Sorry. I missed the part about Ampache. For the initial release, no. I haven't added any streaming features to date.

    I have thought about it, but there are some good streaming players out there. Once the initial release is out there, I will evaluate the options for including streaming support. I don't want to half *** it, so I want to wait until I can give that aspect the attention it needs.
  20.    #1020  
    @koolkid09, Is that more or less what you wanted to see from JStop?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions