Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1998
  1.    #981  
    I don't know how important the music app is, especially in-store. Most people just give a cursory glance to things like that. As long as they can see that it plays music, they're probably satisfied for the moment. Until you get home and realize that the music app sucks, then you start looking for alternatives.

I think the biggest showcase apps should be the 3D games. All display phones should be loaded with Need for Speed, Xplane and a few other cool looking games. Store reps should be showing these to people. What would be great is a demo video playing on the phone that lets people see caps of the games.

Unless Palm makes the media indexing API public by the time I'm ready to release it, this will be homebrew at first. When it goes into the app catalog, there will still be a free ad-supported version as well as an ad-free paid version with possibly a few more features.
    New vids on youtube are great!
    hey I was wondering when you go to albums on the app does it show a little picture of the album by the tittle of it? Same thing with the songs does it show the piture of the album? Thanks
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Back on the NaNplayer front, one of the biggest requests/suggestions we got was to expand the location based features. Everyone loved the location based playlists, but many asked for some way to show concert listings by artist and by GPS location. This wouldn't be terribly hard to implement.

Is it something that would be important to users? If I included this, it would probably come as an update after the initial release.
    Not a biggie for me. Who can afford the tickets, these days?

Last one I went to was in 2002 (Yes, at Radio City Music Hall). That was great!
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hey I was wondering when you go to albums on the app does it show a little picture of the album by the tittle of it? Same thing with the songs does it show the piture of the album? Thanks
    It doesn't, take a glance at the screenshots at the flicker page link or youtube videos in Blubble's sig. This is probably on purpose to save on load times, also would probably make a mess of his current UI.
  6.    #986  
    Kyusaku is right. Album art was left out of the list views to improve performance. I may add an option to turn that on in the future.
  7.    #987  
    BTW, I posted a two short demo videos last night. Once covers GPS Location Play and the other shows the new interface for finding missing album art for your music.

Check the YouTube link in my signature below.
    BLubble is that a special made dock your Pre sits in during the video?
  9.    #989  
    I bought here at the PreCentral store. It also has a separate charger for a spare battery.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Enough with the teasing. Let me give you my money already!
    hey I love the album art look up! What if you have a song that doesn't have the album tittle or the name is not spelled right, is there a way to correct it? Like change the name and everything using the app? Or is it just for album art? Thanks
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    As far as the location based playlists go, how big of a area buffer does it use? In other words, how close to the exact spot you saved a list do you have to be for it to recognize it as the same spot and start playing a list?

It's looking better and better. I can't wait to see it in homebrew or the official catalog.
  13.    #993  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hey I love the album art look up! What if you have a song that doesn't have the album tittle or the name is not spelled right, is there a way to correct it? Like change the name and everything using the app? Or is it just for album art? Thanks
    Well, it actually wouldn't be too difficult to add a tag search based on the name of the file. The problem is that the Palm SDK won't let you write to the tags in music files. Consequently, song data has to be store in a local database. That is fine for things like album art and song plays, ratings, etc., but it won't really work for things like artists, album and song name because the updated data would not reflect in the list views that use the Palm media indexing API.

If I end up rewriting the media indexing using the PDK, then I will be able to add auto-tagging of files. That will be a bit down the road though.
  14.    #994  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    As far as the location based playlists go, how big of a area buffer does it use? In other words, how close to the exact spot you saved a list do you have to be for it to recognize it as the same spot and start playing a list?
    IIRC, it is currently set to a radius of about 300 yards. However, the user will be able to set their accuracy range in the preferences.
    will you make it so if I am using a stereo BT device and hit the play button it will automatically open up the app and play where you left off.. I forgot what that's called. I read about it in the wm days lol
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
    will you make it so if I am using a stereo BT device and hit the play button it will automatically open up the app and play where you left off.. I forgot what that's called. I read about it in the wm days lol
    That's not something a developer can control... A patch could do that though.
    Glad to see things are comming along...something that popped into my head today when using music player remix is that i noticed that it had a 15% battery drain per hour...thats with the screen off on 3g with one email account that checks every hour. Now for me that is pretty high usage of battery for a music player, (i guess if you take the other stuff out the equation its using about 10% an hour)

So what sort of battery drain is nan player using?
  18.    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Glad to see things are comming along...something that popped into my head today when using music player remix is that i noticed that it had a 15% battery drain per hour...thats with the screen off on 3g with one email account that checks every hour. Now for me that is pretty high usage of battery for a music player, (i guess if you take the other stuff out the equation its using about 10% an hour)

So what sort of battery drain is nan player using?
    I honestly haven't done any kind of organized testing, so I don't want to pull some figure out of the air. Now that most of the features are fully functional, I'm going through and optimizing memory and processor usage throughout the app. It's fast, but I want it as lean as possible. I'll run some formal battery usage tests later and post the results.

The Pre in general is a horrible battery hog, so the apps are only a small part of the equation. Keep in mind that every SDK app is basically running in a browser, so you have a lot of overhead to begin with. With media apps, you have an entire OS media server running as well, so it's worse yet.
  19.    #999  
    Quote Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
    TibFib is right, this can't really be done by an app. Previously, you might have gotten away with running a background app, but Palm has made changes that make that difficult. A service or patch to the OS Media Key service would have to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    TibFib is right, this can't really be done by an app. Previously, you might have gotten away with running a background app, but Palm has made changes that make that difficult. A service or patch to the OS Media Key service would have to be done.
    ahh wasn't aware of that lol, thanks for the heads up. Ya I miss that, being able to just press a button and would leave off where I was last without launching the app.