Page 48 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
    bubbling in anticipation

(and no i wont apologize fro the pun )
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @blubble - I think that 50% or greater is a good way to call the song as "played"...

@martinb1982 - if you use a good pair of headphones, and good quality sound files, the Pre will give you good audio (though I've been bugging Palm for years regarding the need for greater granularity in their volume controls). I use a pair of Sennheiser PX100s, and the music out of my Pre sounds great.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  3.    #943  
    Speaking of volume. I'm waiting on a replacement Pre I got last month because my volume rocker is acting crazy.

First, it started getting stuck in the volume down position, so it would push the volume down and I couldn't listen to anything while testing. What's worse is that it kept the volume notification stuck and also wouldn't let me swipe.

Now, it's just stuck and won't turn the volume down. That's easy to fix with the sounds app, but the music volume is now stuck at full blast. Last night, I was working on the play count feature and you'd be surprised how loud the phone is in the middle of the night. I ended up having to use the BT headphones to keep it quiet.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Speaking of volume. I'm waiting on a replacement Pre I got last month because my volume rocker is acting crazy.

First, it started getting stuck in the volume down position, so it would push the volume down and I couldn't listen to anything while testing. What's worse is that it kept the volume notification stuck and also wouldn't let me swipe.

Now, it's just stuck and won't turn the volume down. That's easy to fix with the sounds app, but the music volume is now stuck at full blast. Last night, I was working on the play count feature and you'd be surprised how loud the phone is in the middle of the night. I ended up having to use the BT headphones to keep it quiet.
    If you have one of those "compressed air" cans, preferably one with a pinpoint nozzle/tube, you may want to try using it around the edges of the volume rocker buttons. I had an issue with not being able to depress the power button, and a few hard blasts from the air can took care of that...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I've noticed bluble that you listen to trance do you listen to podcasts? I'm having issues with the default player not noticing all my pocasts mine above and beyonds TATW. Just wondering if that's also an issue with nanplayer. Some of the podcats I do have issues with are armin's a state of trance, gareth emreys podcast.
  6.    #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    If you have one of those "compressed air" cans, preferably one with a pinpoint nozzle/tube, you may want to try using it around the edges of the volume rocker buttons. I had an issue with not being able to depress the power button, and a few hard blasts from the air can took care of that...

HTH,
    -JerryG

Yep. That was the first thing I tried. It didn't help. I got the replacement today and had to call Sprint 4 times to get the damn thing activated. It wouldn't get an EVDO connection and the EV icon was not showing.

It turns out that there is a special hidden reset. You have to do a ## code and enter your MSL. If any of you ever have problems with activating a Pre, just ask them to walk you through a full reset. It's not the same as the resets in the Device Info app. It just would have been better if the first three customer disservice and tech support zombies would have suggested it.

To add insult to injury, I just noticed that this thing has 1.3.1. on it.
    Last edited by Blubble; 03/12/2010 at 07:57 PM.
  7.    #947  
    Quote Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
    I've noticed bluble that you listen to trance do you listen to podcasts? I'm having issues with the default player not noticing all my pocasts mine above and beyonds TATW. Just wondering if that's also an issue with nanplayer. Some of the podcats I do have issues with are armin's a state of trance, gareth emreys podcast.

I didn't know Above and Beyond had that podcast. That sounds good. I will have to check it out.

Would you point me to some specific files that you're having problems with? I will test them.

Do they work in any of the Pre podcast apps?

Just send me a PM please.

Thanks,
    B
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I saw ogg vorbis files are supported with the PDK, PDK - Media Handling - Palm Developer Center
    Does this mean that you can add support (easily I hope) to play them with NaNplayer or we need it to be done by a plugin such as this one? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...gg-gsmwav.html
  9.    #949  
    Well it won't be easy, but yes. My plan is to write an audio plugin to replace the use of webos media server. I did notice that Ogg is supported along with MP3, so I suppose those will be the two formats covered for sure. I'll have to look into the other popular formats.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks, can't wait! I just hope you release an ad-supported version, if you decide to charge for this app since not everyone has paid-apps yet.
    New developments in this thread look great!
    Not a day goes by that I have had my Pixi in my hand that I don't worry how the Pixi version of the app will be like.

To anyone in the Pixi beta, if you allowed. Can you explain how the app will look like? Will you have to scroll down to see the play, stop, pause, buttons? Will the album art cover fit the pixi screen? Does it feel the same as the pre or look the same as Blubbles on his Pre. And again, if you can will you please share at least some of the information.

To Blubble. If the app does not fit the screen well can you resize it for the pixi. Or set it to automatic resize (if thats possible). The Pixi screen and 320x400 and is missing 80 pixels vertical. Some apps don't resize correctly and I wouldn't want this to happen to such a great and needed app.

thanks to anybody who answers this.
    I didn't know Above and Beyond had that podcast. That sounds good. I will have to check it out.

Would you point me to some specific files that you're having problems with? I will test them.

Do they work in any of the Pre podcast apps?

Just send me a PM please.

Thanks,
    B
    sent blubble
  14.    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Not a day goes by that I have had my Pixi in my hand that I don't worry how the Pixi version of the app will be like.

To anyone in the Pixi beta, if you allowed. Can you explain how the app will look like? Will you have to scroll down to see the play, stop, pause, buttons? Will the album art cover fit the pixi screen? Does it feel the same as the pre or look the same as Blubbles on his Pre. And again, if you can will you please share at least some of the information.

To Blubble. If the app does not fit the screen well can you resize it for the pixi. Or set it to automatic resize (if thats possible). The Pixi screen and 320x400 and is missing 80 pixels vertical. Some apps don't resize correctly and I wouldn't want this to happen to such a great and needed app.

thanks to anybody who answers this.

Don't worry. The app does automatically resize for the Pixi. He's talking about scrolling the home view. When you're in player mode, the controls appear correctly on the Pixi. I do need to fix a few of the list views to render properly in landscape mode, but that's pretty much it. Otherwise, the Pixi testers have reported that it works quite well.
  15.    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    man I can't wait for this app!!! I need it loll
    Damn dude! That's a lot of shoes!
    Don't worry. The app does automatically resize for the Pixi. He's talking about scrolling the home view. When you're in player mode, the controls appear correctly on the Pixi. I do need to fix a few of the list views to render properly in landscape mode, but that's pretty much it. Otherwise, the Pixi testers have reported that it works quite well.
    Thanks, I can finally rest easily. lol
  17.    #958  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    Thanks, can't wait! I just hope you release an ad-supported version, if you decide to charge for this app since not everyone has paid-apps yet.
    I'll make sure to work something out so the international WebOS users get the app when it's released.
    So I'm bored.. Any information on the release date blubble?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    So I'm bored.. Any information on the release date blubble?
    Well seeing this thread was started in July of 2009, who knows when its coming out.