Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
  1.    #881  
    Believe me folks. I understand your frustration. I, more than anyone, want to get this thing done and released.

I am doing my best to release this soon, but you have to understand that this is something I'm doing in my spare time by myself. I have a full-time daytime gig, two side companies that I have to manage, and a family. I end up working on this into the wee hours of the night. There's only so much I can do.

On top of that, I think it's obvious that I am very meticulous when it comes to developing this app. I want it to be totally kick ***. I wouldn't say I'm a total perfectionist, but I don't like to anything half-assed.

That being the case, the only thing I will say is that I am working as much as I can to get this out. I assure you it will be worth the wait.
  2.    #882  
    I am working on a missing album art search feature that is turning out very cool.

I've seen other apps that just auto assign some image and half the time, they get it wrong. For me, it's not even worth bothering with a mediocre solution like that.

My implementation will allow users to flip through multiple image results and assign the image that they want. Additionally, users will have the option of directly pasting a URL to an image of their choice if they'd rather do that. I think this will be a good, user-friendly solution.

When I have some screenshots to show, I will post them.
    Blubble, I have to say you are doing an amazing job with this app! When it is ready to be released I am definitely going to donate if you don't charge for it and will be more than happy to pay for it if you do.

I honestly think this music player will be superior to that of the iPhone. So this will be one more thing I can lord over my iPhone-loving friends =)
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I am working on a missing album art search feature that is turning out very cool.

I've seen other apps that just auto assign some image and half the time, they get it wrong. For me, it's not even worth bothering with a mediocre solution like that.

My implementation will allow users to flip through multiple image results and assign the image that they want. Additionally, users will have the option of directly pasting a URL to an image of their choice if they'd rather do that. I think this will be a good, user-friendly solution.

When I have some screenshots to show, I will post them.
    this sounds great!
    I haven't tried that yet. My concern is that I use a lot of custom classes for handling everything from audio playback to database queries. I am not sure how minifying would handle the references between the various assistants and custom classes.
    I think you misunderstand what minifying is. It doesn't obfuscate. It simply removes comments and unneeded whitespace. It can make loading javascript code much faster, as a jsjsjs $file$ $that$'$s$ $65K$ $frequently$ $comes$ $out$ $as$ $19K$. $It$ $also$ $makes$ $the$ $processing$ $of$ $the$ $javascript$ $a$ $little$ $faster$ $as$ $well$, $since$ $there$'$s$ $fewer$ $lines$ $to$ $read$. $Same$ $with$ $CSS$.
  6.    #886  
    I see what you mean. I mainly work with compiled or semi-compiled languages that don't really benefit from that.

However, isn't the main point of minfying to reduce the size of code to speed transfer? It seems like this could be useful for websites since the code has to be downloaded.

I'm not convinced that it would make a significant difference with a WebOS app, especially when it comes to processing. There could be difference in load times, but it would be negligible. We are talking about a few K loaded from RAM.

I suppose that I may give it a try at some point. Unfortunately, this has no chance of fixing the main cause of lag which is the slow and buggy OS.
    bubble, wondering how much memory your app will use, as i liek to play a 3d game while listening to music, but cant with the remix app.

also one thing that ****es me off is that with youtube or videos when i want to multi task it stops the music form a video/utube, would it be possible you could include youtube playing from yuor app which would work while doing something else?
  8.    #888  
    I wouldn't expect NaNplayer to work well while playing some 3D games. Those tend to be serious memory and processor hogs. For example, when I play Monopoly or NFSU, they pretty much choke any other app that's running.

Consequently, you would probably get a lot of audio stuttering if you try playing music at the same time. The biggest problem is that the audio playback is mainly handled by the operating system's media server. Those memory and processor intense 3D will cause the media server to jam up.

It doesn't help that memory management and garbage collection on WebOS are a total joke. How many times haven't users gotten stuck trying to run a game with no apps running only to get a Too Many Cards error?

I am currently not including video playback in Nanplayer. As such, I can't really say if it would be able to play video in the background.
  9.    #889  
    Here is a screenshot that shows the album art search feature. This is work in progress, so the final version will look a lot nicer, but this gets the point across. Also, you can see that I'm using the Photo Gallery button for testing. The album art search will probably become an app menu item.

The user would select the command and the app does a search and shows the top results. The user can scroll through the results and tap on the one he wants. Also, there will be a text box to allow you to enter a URL to any image of your choice if you prefer.

Blubble

Have you gotten any feedback from pixi users about the app. Because the regular music app and music remix stutter like a ***** without anything running.
    Ugh, I can't wait any longer. I'm going crazy....
    Works fine on my wife's Pixi, though the shorter screen means you have to scroll the main menu to get to the last item(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Works fine on my wife's Pixi, though the shorter screen means you have to scroll the main menu to get to the last item(s).
    Hows the multitasking with it opened. Does everything slow down when the music player is open?
    have you ever thought of contacting palm and selling your code for a predetermined lump sum cash so they can use it as the default music player? just a thought.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    What about gap between songs. Default app can't play songs without gap. I have a lot live sets. can you make to play without gaps like an iPhone, iTunes, iTouch.
  16.    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    have you ever thought of contacting palm and selling your code for a predetermined lump sum cash so they can use it as the default music player? just a thought.
    I would gladly license it to them for pennies per device, but I doubt that Palm would go for something like this.
  17.    #897  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    What about gap between songs. Default app can't play songs without gap. I have a lot live sets. can you make to play without gaps like an iPhone, iTunes, iTouch.
    I am experimenting with different ways of accomplishing this. I can't promise that it will be included in the first release version, but it is an important issue for me.

The main problem is that the audio playback in WebOS is dog slow.
    I am experimenting with different ways of accomplishing this. I can't promise that it will be included in the first release version, but it is an important issue for me.

The main problem is that the audio playback in WebOS is dog slow.
    Did it improve, get worse or stay the same in1.4?
  19.    #899  
    It seems to have improved a bit, but not by much.

I just asked for PDK beta access so I can see if there's anything in there that could help with my app.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It seems to have improved a bit, but not by much.

I just asked for PDK beta access so I can see if there's anything in there that could help with my app.
    looks like you can just start now ;-)

PDK Download - Palm Developer Center