Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
  1.    #861  
    It's not my original idea. This type of feature is available in some music apps on other platforms.

I don't know if it would make sense to make it editable for every time you tweet your current song, but I could set a way for users to edit their default message.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Here's a question for potential users.

Would you want a feature that would allow you to update your Facebook or Twitter status with the song to which you're listening?

To me these features are pretty pointless, but I suppose some users might want them.
    I wouldn't use it.
    Not much. The javascript seems to run a little faster. The list views are also a bit quicker to come up.

Audio performance is supposedly improved, but I don't see much of a difference. I did have to change a few things to ensure compatibility.
    didnt the 1.4 sdk have the pdk's in? Do they allow for an equaliser, or is that still a long shot?

Other things, not sure if mentioned already, but will headphone buttons be able to skip tracks forward, and when listing to music will the music pause for a call, and pause for a second for texts or emails? (or something to that effect)
    Here's a question for potential users.

Would you want a feature that would allow you to update your Facebook or Twitter status with the song to which you're listening?

To me these features are pretty pointless, but I suppose some users might want them.
    Yes that would be awesome! If you could enable/ disable it would be perfect.
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
    Yes that would be awesome! If you could enable/ disable it would be perfect.
    oh a feature musicplayer remix has, youtubing the artist, or the song, or the song and artist.

that reminds me, a lot of stuff say the facebook thing, or having the accelerometer in use, things like that most people want, but some people dont want, so having an extensive list of options to enable or disable features would be nice too.

just looked at the video, and wow, palm should pay you a lot of money and use this.
    It's not my original idea. This type of feature is available in some music apps on other platforms.

I don't know if it would make sense to make it editable for every time you tweet your current song, but I could set a way for users to edit their default message.
    Well, here's my take/suggestion:

Currently the avg. user of WebOS is 36 yrs old. People from that generation tend to be a little more careful of privacy and are not typically into things like that. I am among that thinking.

HOWEVER, the younger set of users (those whom really drive the mobile market and, believe it or not, are more likely to PAY for an app) LOVE features like that. My brother is among those. My guess is they'd want it to be such that they could either have it tweet every song or have a button for when they want to tweet it. I recommend you enable this.

And if you do enable it, it doesn't hurt those of us not using it.
    would love twitter update
  8.    #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    didnt the 1.4 sdk have the pdk's in? Do they allow for an equaliser, or is that still a long shot?

Other things, not sure if mentioned already, but will headphone buttons be able to skip tracks forward, and when listing to music will the music pause for a call, and pause for a second for texts or emails? (or something to that effect)
    I haven't seen any details about the PDK. The beta is supposed to be out soon. I am not sure what to expect as far as features and PDK integration with a Mojo SDK app. We'll just have to wait and see.

As far as your other questions...

The app already supports control via the wired headset and Bluetooth stereo headsets. Right now, the wired headset lets you tap to play/pause and double tap to go to the next song. With a BT stereo headset, you can play/pause and go next song and go previous song.

I do plan on allowing users to custom map the controls to a variety of commands. For example, you could map the previous song control on a BT headset to toggle shuffle mode.

The music pauses for calls. This is mainly handled by the OS.
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    oh a feature musicplayer remix has, youtubing the artist, or the song, or the song and artist.

that reminds me, a lot of stuff say the facebook thing, or having the accelerometer in use, things like that most people want, but some people dont want, so having an extensive list of options to enable or disable features would be nice too.

just looked at the video, and wow, palm should pay you a lot of money and use this.
    The app will have search features for YouTube and Amazon MP3 as well. I may add some other more specific music search functionality.

Features like Shake control will have options to toggle them off. I will try to add customization in the preferences whenever it is useful.

If I do the Facebook and Twitter stuff, the user would have to press a button or select a command to send the updates.
  10.    #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    My guess is they'd want it to be such that they could either have it tweet every song or have a button for when they want to tweet it. I recommend you enable this.

And if you do enable it, it doesn't hurt those of us not using it.

Yes. That's how I envision it.
    I would not use the Twitter/Facebook update feature. I don't care what anyone is listening to so I can't imagine why they'd care about what I'm playing.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    just wanna say after watching the youtube video, i cannot wait for this to come out . The stock music player is too basic and sluggish.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I would not use the Twitter/Facebook update feature. I don't care what anyone is listening to so I can't imagine why they'd care about what I'm playing.
    Not everybody is you.
    Blubble, did you minify your files, and if so did you notice a big performance gain?
    I'd hardly ever use it (never say never!) and making it manually initiated by the user sounds like a plan - if only to stop someone posting every single song they ever play. Last.fm covers that kinda thing for those that actually want to see it
  16.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Blubble, did you minify your files, and if so did you notice a big performance gain?
    I haven't tried that yet. My concern is that I use a lot of custom classes for handling everything from audio playback to database queries. I am not sure how minifying would handle the references between the various assistants and custom classes.
    I'm trying to stay patient for this... really I am I promise. But OH MY GOD I WANT THIS RELEASED YESTERDAY! When you do release it please make sure to have a Paypal donation thing or something. You've put way too much work into this app to give it away. Palm is lucky to have a loyal developer even though they don't have their SDK together like they should. You could have jumped ship already.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I'm trying to stay patient for this... really I am I promise. But OH MY GOD I WANT THIS RELEASED YESTERDAY!
    Yup--me too!

The biggest frustration is that I subscribe to this thread, so two-three times a day I have to check in to see if this will be the time that it's released. If I don't check in, Precentral won't send me more alerts. It's been, what, 6 months now? Is there a way to give you our email addresses so that you can let us know directly when this comes out and we don't have to follow this 45-page and growing thread anymore? Might take some of the sting out of the wait if I didn't get a 2x daily reminder that I can't have this...

Thanks!
  19.    #879  
    Ha Ha. I hear you. This thread is pretty massive.

A lot of it is just me answering questions. I am not a big Twitter user, but I did set up an account for NaNplayer announcements. I usually only tweet when I have a new video or screenshots.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Ha Ha. I hear you. This thread is pretty massive.

A lot of it is just me answering questions. I am not a big Twitter user, but I did set up an account for NaNplayer announcements. I usually only tweet when I have a new video or screenshots.

I know its been asked a lot, is there any update on when this will be released to homebrew. I'm trying my best to stay patient, its just that the stock music app sucks, and music remix isn't much better.