Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Very nice.
    Look forward to the app.
    Blubble have you considered the "shake to shuffle" sort of thing that the newish ipod nanos have? It's amazing and I think it would be an AWESOME option if you could add it as well.

I will almost certainly drop the $5 on this once I get a chance to give it a try so it looks like I beg you until I can beta test or download the ad-supported "homebrew" addition when that is released.

I'm really excited for this music app as it is a virtual replacement for my Zune as my Pre have practically the same GB as that.

I haven't really looked at all the features that you have listed but I did watch your video. Does the app automatically pull names of albums, artists, songs, etc like WMP/Zune/iTunes does? Also, syncing (if possible) would be above and beyond anything I could ever imagine.

If you got all of those things working on top of what you have now then Palm would have no option but to beg you to let them replace their first party app with yours for a hugely large sum of money.
    I definitely like the sound of the "Car Mode". I listen to a lot of my music in the car, and it can be difficult to control in the current player options.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I definitely like the sound of the "Car Mode". I listen to a lot of my music in the car, and it can be difficult to control in the current player options.
    I also agree with this very much so. I was using the Music Player (Remix) app in my car and found it way more difficult to control via touchscreen but then again I am used to hard button presses.
  5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by huskercubfan View Post
    Blubble have you considered the "shake to shuffle" sort of thing that the newish ipod nanos have? It's amazing and I think it would be an AWESOME option if you could add it as well.
    The app does have shake to shuffle when in the Now Playing view. If you shake it in, it will turn on shuffle mode or switch to the next shuffled song if it's already in shuffle mode.

Does the app automatically pull names of albums, artists, songs, etc like WMP/Zune/iTunes does? Also, syncing (if possible) would be above and beyond anything I could ever imagine.
    If you mean does it pull names, etc. when the files aren't tagged, then no. It does pull down lyrics and artist photos down at the press of a button. I am currently finalizing a method to automatically download missing album art.

The full version will likely have some sort of extended auto info lookup for improperly tagged files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    If you mean does it pull names, etc. when the files aren't tagged, then no. It does pull down lyrics and artist photos down at the press of a button. I am currently finalizing a method to automatically download missing album art.

The full version will likely have some sort of extended auto info lookup for improperly tagged files.
    That's a great idea (particularly for artwork). Would the app be able to update the MP3's with the downloaded info or would it just be for display? What am I thinking, I really can't see Palm having an API for that at this point. If it did, I can see a confirmation being important in case it pulled incorrect information for some reason.
  7.    #807  
    Unfortunately, you're right. The API(even the unofficial one) has no way to write to the tags. Everything would be store locally in a database.

Everything will be user initiated, so it won't just start pulling down art by itself. I made sure that any network activity has to be user initiated. The last thing anyone needs is an app draining their battery with unwanted internet activity.

The user would also confirm that the app found the right album art.
    Approximately how much time have you put into this app Blubble?
    I cant wait for this to be released. Also, i saw Reni Lane in the preview screenshots. She's great (: I was at one of her shows and heard some songs from her new album. Cant wait for that to be released either!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I am currently finalizing a method to automatically download missing album art.
    Please make this an optional setting. Just to save battery life and for those with limited data usage, they should have the option to not pull down album art.
    Looking forward to seeing this app come to fruition.
    I like the idea too of the shake-to-shuffle, and am also curious how much of your time you've spent on this thing in the last 6+ months
  13.    #813  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Please make this an optional setting. Just to save battery life and for those with limited data usage, they should have the option to not pull down album art.
    All data connections have to be user initiated. The app won't pull any data without being prompted by the user. For the lyrics, you have to click the lyrics button. Same thing goes for the artist image gallery.

The missing album art lookup will work the same way. If you play a song that is missing art, you would have to initiate the art lookup by selecting a command from the app menu.
    Last edited by Blubble; 02/22/2010 at 12:15 PM.
  14.    #814  
    Quote Originally Posted by huskercubfan View Post
    Approximately how much time have you put into this app Blubble?
    I can't really offer an accurate count, but it's been quite a bit. It's definitely well into hundreds of hours.
    Very interested in this app. Nice job, (the first video you put up a little hard to follow so hope you fixed it)
    Between my friend and I, we are using both Verizon and Sprint so would be glad to betatest if you need
    I saw the video and the app looks great, I will definitely buy it when available...

One question, will your app allow the user to delete a song from the device? (not a must have feature but for me it would be nice to have it in the same application i would use to hear music...

Keep up the great work...
    Quote Originally Posted by chav1to View Post
    One question, will your app allow the user to delete a song from the device? (not a must have feature but for me it would be nice to have it in the same application i would use to hear music
    This is a killer feature for me--swipe to delete (with confirm/cancel option) would be amazing. I download a lot of junk from the internet--podcasts, trial songs from blogs, samplers from Paste, preview albums for reviews I'm writing, etc.--and have ended up with about 80 gb of stuff on my hard drive. There's NO easy way for me to get rid of the songs I don't like that are mixed in with the songs I do like (on a sampler album for instance, where I might only want to keep 2 tracks out of 12) because I generally STORE music on my computer but LISTEN to it on a portable device. When I come across a song I never want to hear again, I've got to somehow flag it, go home, turn on my computer, and then manually delete it from both my computer and portable device. Not exactly efficient or easy, so it never happens and my collection of junk just keeps building.

If you could build in a delete function I could start weeding through junk 8 gigs at a time and just recopying the selected tracks to keep to a new folder on my PC. I'd pay a lot of money for this feature alone...

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by yacht_boy View Post

If you could build in a delete function I could start weeding through junk 8 gigs at a time and just recopying the selected tracks to keep to a new folder on my PC. I'd pay a lot of money for this feature alone...

Jason
    While waiting for NaNPlayer to be finished, I'd recommend you check out Internalz. It will allow you to delete files from your USB partition on the fly.

Not as convenient as doing it from the music player itself, but still better than having to wait until you can plug into a PC.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  19.    #819  
    As it stands, there is no File I/O public API that would allow deleting songs from the phone.

There has to be some sort of API to allow it, since the Photo app is able to delete files. I'll look into it and see what's possible. My only hesitance is that it would add yet another reason for Palm to keep it out of the App Catalog.

For now Internalz is certainly a good option.
    Longest running cocktease of an app. Going on a little over 8 months now. Impressive might as well rename it Duke Nukem