Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast
    superb video! loving it bubbles!

will you be incorprating a way to stop the orientation aswell? and how about video playback?
  2.    #782  
    Thanks all. That video quality was scary bad. I am going to reshoot that one and add a few vids explaining some of the other features like playlists, dynalists, etc.

@shaffaaf27,

I suppose I could add an orientation lock. I won't have video playback for the initial release.

If I can think of a way to improve upon the stock video app, I will look into adding it later.
    Blubble....

can you give us any timeline when you will release the free version with ads?
  4.    #784  
    @en0x

I can't tell you a specific date, but my plan is to release it shortly after the WebOS 1.4 update comes out for Sprint.

I would like to have the testers try it out with the new update. So it would most likely be a week or so after that.
  5.    #785  
    @caj2008,

Thanks. I have received bug reports for two minor things that should be easy to work out quickly.

I also found a display glitch with the Now Playing song list. I have had more problems working with the friggin list widgets than any other part of this app. Blech!

Mojo list widgets are the work of the devil :-0
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Looks awesome! Great job!

One feature I must request is Last.fm scrobbling support. I have yet to see some last.fm related app for my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by efiniti View Post

One feature I must request is Last.fm scrobbling support. I have yet to see some last.fm related app for my Pre.
    Here ya go;

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...70-lostfm.html
    Oyeah, awesome app!
    thanks for the reply bubbles.

was wondering, when you add the artist to a playlist and then add another song of that artist to yiur phone, could you refresh the playlist so it'd update with the new song(s)? Also anyway of adding songs featuring an artist to a playlist?

would it be possible to edit the tags? And could you add a function that wouldsearch amazon to add album art?

will there be a coverflow view?
    Hi Blubble et al,

I'm testing this app on a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon Network. I am totally loving it for audiobooks, because you can easily create a playlist for all the files in the book (something that the Pre Music App and Remix both lack right now).

However... I was listening to a book last night, and the mp3 file playing was 67 minutes 40 seconds. The book stopped abruptly and went to the next file in line. I went back manually to about 67 minutes and listened again, and it ended in the same place. I opened another music player, and the file played all the way through to the end (so I was able to hear about the decapitated head in the plastic bag)...

I'm guessing that the problem lies in the file. Instead of the 67:40 shown, the file is actually more like 69 minutes. NaNPlayer stopped when the timer hit the magic number that is in the ID3tag. (Just my guess.)

Anyway, I wanted to report the problem officially! I can certainly provide you with the exact file in question if need be, but privately because of copyright.
    This app looks more my style than the Music Player (remix) currently available through Preware/Homebrew.

I will download this on release. Any news on how much it will cost? If you need beta/testers please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Here's a quick video I shot last night. The video quality is awful, so I am going to reshoot it, but in the meantime...

OK, I will day it now because it needs to be said:

Palm has made a HUGE mistake. If they'd made the API available JUST for this app, this app alone could sell the Palm Pre/Plus. Imagine watching someone use this app in an ad - WOW. Especially adding to the Now playing and then dragging songs around in the now playing list!

If I were in charge of Palm, I'd have worked with Blubble to get this app done, on the Palm and in an Ad.

Wow.
    not sure if its been addressed but are you adding haptick feedback to the nanplayer? that would be very cool and if its been mentioned sorry didnt wanna look thru all the pages lol
    I agree - haptic feedback would be an awesome feature.
    Bubbles, I know you have several beta testers out there but if you need someone to test it on the Pre and Pixi let me know.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  16.    #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by huskercubfan View Post
    This app looks more my style than the Music Player (remix) currently available through Preware/Homebrew.

I will download this on release. Any news on how much it will cost? If you need beta/testers please let me know.

Thanks. I'm glad you like what you see. Still, Remix is a good solution and it's helped out a lot of people over the last several months.

If Palm ever gets around to allowing NaNplayer to be released, it will be $5 for the full version with no ads.

My current plan is to release an ad-supported free version via "homebrew". It will have all the features that have been publicly demoed. There are some advanced features I'm developing that will not be in the free version, but I am not ready to announce what those will be. My plan is to release it a week or two after WebOS 1.4 is released.
  17.    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by efiniti View Post

I do plan to add in Scrobbler support at some time after the initial release. I used to use Last.FM, so I get that lots of people want to scrobble.

I am not sure if I will ever support Last.FM streaming. That would have to do with potential cost more than a lack of desire to support it. I looked into using Last.FM's music info API and found it to be very prohibitely expensive. I can't disclose prices, but it ain't cheap! I found that a bit excessive since most of their data is generated by their user community. I will look into the costs for their streaming service at some point, but I'm not holding

Lost.FM does look interesting. I haven't had a chance to try it, but I plan to at some point. It's certainly worth checking out.
  18.    #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    not sure if its been addressed but are you adding haptick feedback to the nanplayer? that would be very cool and if its been mentioned sorry didnt wanna look thru all the pages lol

This sounds interesting. Did you have any specific type of feedback in mind? Would it just buzz when you tapped certain things(like the Instinct)?

I honestly don't know if this is possible with the current SDK, simply because I haven't looked into it. I will look into it though.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Just ran across this thread today and I'm certainly looking forward to this being released. With the other player, it was very easy to inadvertently end up it in shuffle mode (which was very frustrating), Will it be easier to control shuffle mode with Nanplayer? Also, will i t be possible to keep the screen on while driving if plugged int a power source?

Thanks!
  20.    #800  
    In this app, you have to specifically click on shuffle to switch to that mode. You can check out the latest preview video in the link that should now be in my signature.

I have thought about a screen "keepalive". It would most likely have to be a mode you set when you want it. The good thing is that it supports Bluetooth control, so you don't really have to keep the screen on to change songs.

Also, I have plans for some sort of car mode. It would be a version of the now playing screen with big *** buttons so it makes it easy to control without looking at the screen too much.