Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
    Also you could use a pod cast or something similar
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    This app is amesome!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    6tr6tr,

I am not yet sure if I will put in a way to close the ads. They are only up for a short time and as you can see from the screenshots, they automatically move to stay out of the way of the controls so they won't cover them up.

I looked at the way Pandora does it, but it seems like it'd be really easy to accidentally click the ad while trying to close it.

I would probably prefer to make it so you could swipe away ads instead of clicking on the X. I'll think about it, but right now I am working on some other things to get the app finalized.
    Swiping away would be really cool. I agree - I prefer that over Pandora's.
  4.    #744  
    Hi All,

Here are a few shots from the latest beta. I am getting close to being able to release the homebrew version. I am not going to guess at a release date because I simply don't know yet, but I am working hard on finishing the last few features I want to include.

These screens are not finalized, but they're pretty close. Some of the icons and titles need to be cleaned up a bit.

Artist View

Albums View

Song List View

This is the song list for the Now Playing/Player view. You tap the title bar to open and close the panel.

Blubble,
    I'm excited to try this out! btw - are we going to be able just play "all the songs that are in a folder"? (I pretty much have songs I like/albums together in folders...)
    I like that design!

NAN has potential, and I look forward to seeing feature updates, do we have an ETA on when we can expect this to appear in the App Cat or Preware?
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Hi All,

Here are a few shots from the latest beta. I am getting close to being able to release the homebrew version. I am not going to guess at a release date because I simply don't know yet, but I am working hard on finishing the last few features I want to include.

These screens are not finalized, but they're pretty close. Some of the icons and titles need to be cleaned up a bit.

[images]
    Looks great! I can't wait for it.
    Looks amazing! Can't wait to get that email from you for the new version. I love this app.
    Jimmie Geddes
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Blubble,
    I'm excited to try this out! btw - are we going to be able just play "all the songs that are in a folder"? (I pretty much have songs I like/albums together in folders...)
    Unfortunately, there is no way to read the file contents of different folders.

However, it's very easy to create Playlists. For example, you can go into the Artists or Albums view and quickly add an artist or album to a new or existing playlist.

The app also has something I call Dynalists. These are basically filter based automatically generated playlists. You could create a Dynalist for a particular artist.

From then on, every time you play the Dynalist, it will automatically include every song by that artist on your phone. You can also set filters for Album and Song names. You can mix and match filters to create mixed dynalists.
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    I like that design!

NAN has potential, and I look forward to seeing feature updates, do we have an ETA on when we can expect this to appear in the App Cat or Preware?
    I don't know when it will be available in the App Catalog. That is dependent on Palm allowing the official use of the media indexing API.

I am not announcing a firm date for a homebrew release, but it will be soon. Still, I won't be releasing it before WebOS 1.4 is out and the testers in the closed beta have a chance to test the app with 1.4
  11.    #751  
    One more thing.

I have a need for additional beta testers.

For now, I need two for each of the following devices.

- Sprint Pixi only (No more Sprint Pre users for now)

- Verizon Pre Plus

- Verizon Pixi Plus

If you are interested in participating, please send me a private message. Please do not post requests in this thread.

If you don't have one of the above mentioned devices, please don't respond. We will be verifying that participants have one of the required devices.

I can't guarantee acceptance into the closed beta program. I can say that I will give preference to established PreCentral forum members.

Thanks,
    B
    Last edited by Blubble; 02/17/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Blubble,

Are playlists exportable? Or are they only stored internally in NaNPlayer?

Thanks!
  13.    #753  
    There is currently no way to write a file using the SDK so a normal export wouldn't be possible.

The easiest workaround (albeit it a kludgy one) would be to have the app create an email with the content of an m3u playlist. The user would then have to save that content as an m3u which is nothing more than a text file.

I don't know if it would be worth the hassle though. Most users would probably find it burdensome.

A slightly more user friendly process would be to set up a server app to which NaNplayer could upload the data. The server app could create an m3u file that it could then email to the user. Even that would be clumsy at best since it would involve a lot of steps for the user, who would then have to copy his songs over separately.

In reality, there is no good solution other than for Palm to get their act together and give devs the APIs they need for more advanced, feature rich applications.
    good app but its been in development way to long I just gave up on it, ooh and unless it has the ability to get lyrics for songs I would probably still stick to music remix.
  15.    #755  
    Well I suppose it's a good thing you're not the one dictating schedule.

As I've stated before, I really don't care to hear complaints about development times. The blame for any development delays rests squarely on the shoulders of Palm's absurd attitude about letting devs use existing APIs. They won't even let me distribute it as a beta. Consequently, this app was not my main priority for many months.

NaNplayer does have a lyrics retrieval feature.
    Last edited by Blubble; 02/18/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    The app looks great! Take your time, and everyone on hear will grab a copy when its ready.
    What everyone needs to remember is that until Palm lets him put in the app catalog, he's doing this for free.
    I got to say I have been following the development of Nanplayer for sometime now and Blubble you can be a ****** sometimes.

You want to develop an app with unsupported api's, then complain that its Palms fault. Why didn't you read there dev agreement before starting your work? I'm also frustrated that its taking them so much time to get the api's out to the devs but don't you think you are being hypocritical when you slam people for asking you to hurry up and release your app and then complain about Palm doing more or less the same thing.

Also, why do you feel the need to belittle another developer for the work that they put in. Unlike you the dev for music remix has provided their work for us to use free of charge until the api is available. By the way this isn't the first time you have lashed out at the dev of music remix.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the hard work you have put in and look forward to when the app will be available in the catalog. I just don't think this crappy attitude towards potential customers is warranted.
    @GoSteelers I dont think so my friend. He is developing an app for sale. He is giving the app to some people to beta test to make sure there are no bugs. Rest assured he will be charging for his app. Rightfully so I might add.
  19.    #759  
    You're right. I can be a bit of an ******* sometimes. For that I apologize.

The situation with Palm is different though. They have a fully functional, bug-free API that is easy to use. They simply won't let the devs use it.

It's a silly policy and it's driven away a lot of potential development companies that are a lot bigger and more important than me. I have spoken with reps from more than one large developer that stated this plainly. There are plenty of companies that want to develop for WebOS, but they won't waste their time and money trying to work with so many important features missing from the SDK.

Back in September, my Palm rep gave me the impression that it was a high priority to release the missing APIs and that it would be a few months before they did so. Well, the phone's been out almost 9 months, and there is still no media indexing, no file i/o, no sound recording, etc.

Also, I did not belittle anyone. I was simply explaining to dkotoric1 that creating an original app takes a lot longer than modifying an existing one. However, I immediately took out that part out of my comment, precisely because I did not want to appear to disparage any fellow devs.

As it stands, I have little hope of selling this app through the app catalog. Consequently, I've decided to give it out the user community for free.
    Last edited by Blubble; 02/18/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    @GoSteelers I dont think so my friend. He is developing an app for sale. He is giving the app to some people to beta test to make sure there are no bugs. Rest assured he will be charging for his app. Rightfully so I might add.
    Thats what I said. Until and if Palm ever lets him put this in the app catalog, he's doing this for free. Of course he would like to get paid for this app., quite frankly I'd like to buy it. However that currently is not an option.