Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
  1.    #681  
    Thanks for your kind words.

Don't worry though. I can take constructive criticism. I do understand the frustration that some people feel.
  2.    #682  
    @dscott23,

I do plan to include Last.FM scrobbling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    @dscott23,

I do plan to include Last.FM scrobbling.
    Awesome! Thanks again
    Raises hand and offers beta testing support.

T.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Henry David Thoreau
    how about imeem?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Can someone please explain "scrobbling" and its benefits? Thx!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Can someone please explain "scrobbling" and its benefits? Thx!
    I had no idea either so I went to Wikipedia, and I'm still not completely sure, but I hope this at least helps...

'Using a music recommender system called "Audioscrobbler", Last.fm builds a detailed profile of each user's musical taste by recording details of the songs the user listens to, either from Internet radio stations, or the user's computer or many portable music devices. This information is transferred to Last.fm's database ("scrobbled") via a plugin installed into the user's music player. The profile data is then displayed on the user's profile page. The site offers numerous social networking features and can recommend and play artists similar to the user's favourites.'
    So... Kinda like what Pandora does but without making up words for it?

*edit* I take that back, they call it the "Music Genome Project"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    No. The apps distributed through the alternate method still have to conform to the same requirements as those distributed through the app catalog. Besides, I don't think they'll have a way to securely integrate that method with a payment system. Once the URL got out, anyone could just download the app for free.
    true, you'd have to set up a payment system yourself. its true that users would be able to download the app for free, but you could make it only work for those who register with you (ei those who have paid). benefits would be that palm doesn't get a cut, but you'd lose the convenience of having your product before the eyes of everyone who uses a webOS device.

after typing all of this, its clear that this method might be more trouble than its worth. I only asked because it seems like palm will never get their act together with regard to this API.

Oh well, patience IS a virtue i guess...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    If you created an "activate" page, you could let people download your app all you want but until they activate it won't do anything. People would get an activation code via payment or from you for beta testing. You could keep track of whether an activation code has been used more than once and then terminate it...

Just some thoughts
    An activation page would work for some, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get around if you had root access. I wonder if there is a way to block script editing or even application editing.
    Blubble have you heard anything about the music index API for webos 1.4? If they don't come out with a serious audio API by spring... well...
    this is looking very elegant
    so the pre itself doesn't support FLAC and this means no programs will be able to? That's a bummer. Of course 16gig would have been eaten up pretty quickly with this format.
    So Blubble, am I reading your recent posts correctly? Will the App be in the App Catalog when 1.4 hits?
    Bubble. I'm still excited about your app, and I appreciate you updating us with your status. Thank you.
    blubble is now working on a new video player, and he expects it to hit the app catalogue sometime in the summer of 2016
    well were i can donwload this app?? i check the preware app loking for this app
    The app is not currently out to download. You have to be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    blubble is now working on a new video player, and he expects it to hit the app catalogue sometime in the summer of 2016
    I hope you meant that as a joke. Even so... that's still kinda rude.

If I were Blubble, I'd be offended. I guess you're lucky he's more understanding than I am.