Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
  1. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F3ZIE View Post
    just release it to homebrew already. Trial version whatever the case maybe. I can stand the choppy, laggy, music player. Even Music Remix is laggy and choppy as hell.

I went back to my iPod
    will this have smart playlists and universal search bubble?
    We have been hearing about this be all, end all music player since the Pre was introduced. Release it all ready or stop posting screenshots and progress reports about it.

No one really gives a damn at this point as it just appears that you are pushing vaporware. So put up or shut up about this app already.

We all know software development takes time but it will never be perfect, if that is what you are trying to accomplish. Plus, that is what beta releases are for.

You are making it appear that your music player will cure cancer or something. I will probably get flamed for this but I am getting tired of seeing this post and NO app!!!
    if you dont liek DONT POST! DONT READ, and GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    We have been hearing about this be all, end all music player since the Pre was introduced. Release it all ready or stop posting screenshots and progress reports about it.

No one really gives a damn at this point as it just appears that you are pushing vaporware. So put up or shut up about this app already.

We all know software development takes time but it will never be perfect, if that is what you are trying to accomplish. Plus, that is what beta releases are for.

You are making it appear that your music player will cure cancer or something. I will probably get flamed for this but I am getting tired of seeing this post and NO app!!!

I wasn't going to say it so harshly but.... BUT Hey the man speaks the truth. Even if that truth is in your face.

But seriously bubble, you knew this was coming. Just release the app already and let the people decide if it can cure the cancer that is the pre music apps.

Please stop getting our hopes up and blaming everything on Palm. Thats what Homebrew is for.

You are not a big name company that can milk all of its consumers till the very end. You have to release according to our hype. The "It's read when its Ready" plan doesn't work for you because your a no name (no offence). So trying to act like you can hold out till whenever you please will not work. You are probably going to loose fans till the very end. Only reason they stick around is cause your the only kid on the block. They have to.

Lastly I KNOW FOR A FACT. What the reason behind your delay is. Homebrew doesn't shell the money that you want. Thats pretty clear. But everyone on this forum has the homebrew app so please stop wasting our time and pointlessly raising our hopes. It is quite distasteful. And since I finally talked about the elephant in the room hopefully this will change your mind.

Remember you can always do a trial. I just wanna listen to music! PLEASE!
    Last edited by F3ZIE; 01/11/2010 at 11:14 PM.
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post

To use your own terms, I really don't "give a damn" what you think. I'm developing the app to my standards and will release it when it is ready. I have never made any claims about my app other than to discuss the features I plan to include. No one is forcing you to follow the thread. You really need to get over it. I don't owe you a thing.
  7.    #667  
    To the others that have patiently waited, I can only say that I am working on the app as much as I can. You have to understand that this is something I have been doing in my spare time and that is limited. Other things have come up in the last few months that have taken priority.

For example, I am sitting down at 11pm to work on this and will be up until 2am doing this. However, instead of working, I have to spend time answering an antagonistic post by some guy with a bad attitude who thinks I owe him something.

I'm sorry to all of those that feel frustrated, but I assure you that this is not vaporware. Many forum members have been helping me test the app and they can bear witness to that. Since Palm has still not moved on allowing devs to use the necessary APIs, I have used the time to add lots more features. Those new features have added a lot of development work.

The only reason I released a new set of screenshots last month was to share the progress with those that have been following the development of the app. I don't wish to release an app that isn't ready and that doesn't have all the features I have decided to add. That is simply how I work.

My plan all along has been to release a full version and a free trial version. Once the app is done, I will work out the particulars. It's true that I want to sell the app. I don't think that's unreasonable when I have spent hundreds of hours working on it.

In the meantime, I suggest you try the Remix app. In fact, I encourage you donate a couple of bucks to DanPLC if you like it and use it.

Finally, don't think for a minute that this app is anything terribly important or groundbreaking. It is nothing more than a music player. I have never suggested anything beyond that.
    Last edited by Blubble; 01/11/2010 at 11:24 PM.
  8.    #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    will this have smart playlists and universal search bubble?
    It has a few different type of smart lists. I don't currently have universal search as a feature, but it is something that I would consider for an update after release.
    Blubble,

Please ignore anything the few posters here spew out. We, the patient ones, are anxiously (QUIETLY, and RESPECTFULLY) awaiting your app. We are fully aware of the limitations put forth, discouraging setbacks and other problems that follow while developing an application from scratch.

I'm sure you're not, but just in case you are under the impression that the last few posts are the majority view, they're not.

Please take your time, embellish the app with as many or as little features as you like, and release it in as many versions (or costing as much) as you like. Do not let the few impatient, ignorant children on these forums get you down.

Develop away!

We all look forward to whatever fruits come out of your hard labor.

I, for one, get very excited to hear about updates and see recent posts made by you on this thread about the direction your app is headed.
    I'm looking forward to it and am patiently waiting

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    I'm not angry or upset about the app not being out even though it has been been talked about for months but as a potential customer I have to say you are kinda losing me. I need shiny things to keep my interest up. Who knows... maybe by the time you release it I will have just become so used to the lame music app that I wont even care about trying it out. Hell maybe palm will improve the music app before you even release yours. I'm just saying... I hardly follow this thread at all but even I am getting bored with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    I'm just saying... I hardly follow this thread at all but even I am getting bored with it.
    Then stop checking the thread. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but just stop, go live your life. When the app is released, you WILL hear about it.

Recently my daughter wanted to see the Alvin and the chipmunks movie, but I had to wait to find out when I could get the time free from work. And she kept asking and asking about the movie and I eventually said, look, stop asking. Do your homework, make your bed, when it's time I will tell you.

Of course my daughter then told me how much she hated me and wished she lived with another family because I obviously didn't love her and she would hate me forever. Then a few weeks later I got a free weekend, I told her today's the day, her eyes lit up, she ate the popcorn, she watched the movie and loved it.

So to everyone feeling like they can't take the wait anymore, listen, go do your homework, make your bed, it's only a few more sleeps now, when it's time, you'll know.
    And to all those who are sick and tired of waiting: how do you think Blubble feels. You think you want his app released more than he does?

There are times in my job when I have to wait for a supplier, and it's a pain in the freaking ****! Particularly when they give you some lame excuse. There are times when you learn that the issues they were dealing with were actually valid, and there are times when they're not valid, but it doesn't matter, you're still waiting, with hungry customers chomping at the bit.

It is also true that five years from now, someone will say, 'Remember how we had to wait five months for that damn supplier to get their freaking act together?' And you'll laugh, but really, you won't remember, or you'll barely remember.

Hopefully what you WILL have is a great product, in your hand, that people like, and some sketches on your hard drive of a new product, with new frustrations and all kinds of demand from customers screaming at you that they just MUST have what you're selling right NOW or else they're going to get mad and go somewhere else and they will never buy your product ever ever again!

If you're lucky that's the best you can hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    To use your own terms, I really don't "give a damn" what you think. I'm developing the app to my standards and will release it when it is ready. I have never made any claims about my app other than to discuss the features I plan to include. No one is forcing you to follow the thread. You really need to get over it. I don't owe you a thing.
    Give it to him, some of these people here think that people dont have lives. This isnt something easy especially when its not the only thing you have time for. I myself have been trying to create some apps no where near the level this app has and haven't accomplished much. Blubble Keep up the Good work the app looks amazing, cant wait for a beta or app arrival.
    NaNplayer is an amazing application, definitely not vaporware. I'm using it and loving it. Great applications come from developers who have every right to decide if and when their application is ready to be released, since they're the one putting the time and energy into creating an app that they want to live up to their standards as a developer.

There's certainly nothing wrong with releasing an app that's still a work in progress, if the developer chooses that's the way they want to release it. Some great things are worth the wait, NaNplayer is one of those things.
    Jimmie Geddes
    NaN player is not vaporware & imo it is easily THE best music app for palm pre/pixi, I only use NaN Player now!

I can't stress how fast it is with no lags, the many features that have been added & the great communication Bubble keeps with you as a developer recieving feedback.

When it is ready it will be more than worth the wait to you all. Have patience and you will be rewarded with a great app!
    I wish I could give Vociferous' Post 10 Thanks.

Well said, and a very good analogy as well.

*shakes your hand*
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F3ZIE View Post
    I wasn't going to say it so harshly but.... BUT Hey the man speaks the truth. Even if that truth is in your face.

But seriously bubble, you knew this was coming. Just release the app already and let the people decide if it can cure the cancer that is the pre music apps.

Please stop getting our hopes up and blaming everything on Palm. Thats what Homebrew is for.

You are not a big name company that can milk all of its consumers till the very end. You have to release according to our hype. The "It's read when its Ready" plan doesn't work for you because your a no name (no offence). So trying to act like you can hold out till whenever you please will not work. You are probably going to loose fans till the very end. Only reason they stick around is cause your the only kid on the block. They have to.

Lastly I KNOW FOR A FACT. What the reason behind your delay is. Homebrew doesn't shell the money that you want. Thats pretty clear. But everyone on this forum has the homebrew app so please stop wasting our time and pointlessly raising our hopes. It is quite distasteful. And since I finally talked about the elephant in the room hopefully this will change your mind.

Remember you can always do a trial. I just wanna listen to music! PLEASE!
    This might be appropriate if it was a free application. As it is paid, I don't blame Blubble for waiting until it can be sold in the catalog.
    I respect you Blubble for the work you've put into this app. Has anyone (specifically those who criticize Blubble) considered that Blubble is making the application because he wanted a better music solution for HIS Pre. He's never been required to sell it, he never even had to tell anyone about it and he definitely does not have to keep posting. I'm not him but I assume that he would like to let others benefit from his work and in the process gain a well earned profit. Maybe he wants to wait till the app meets his specific needs before releasing it to the public. A lot of incredible developers make programs that fit their needs without ever telling a soul about it. At least we will have the opportunity to benefit from the application when he does release it. He mentioned earlier that it would not charge more than 5 dollars. That is very modest for the effort and skill he must be putting into the app. Maybe, instead of criticizing Blubble for not releasing an app that he is still perfecting, we should support him and continue to provide technological suggestions. That is my 2 cents.
    I agree. As Blubble previously stated, he doesn't owe any of us anything. He's just reporting the current status of things here in this thread. If you were an investor, then yes, you'd have some grounds to stand on for complaining and demanding some sort of results. But that's not the case. He's making a music app. It'll be ready when it's ready. Simple as that.

And a question: will this have any sort of Last.fm scrobbling capabilities built in? Just curious