Page 26 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1998
  1. #501  
    he said within, is it still not within 30 days either way if he releases it within 30 days after the first time the said that?
  2. p4trickh's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    On 09/11/2009 you said 30 days.
    On 09/21/2009 you said 30 days.

    Looks like the Music Player (Remix) created by DanPLC is winning the race, and involving the whole PreCentral community as beta testers every step of the way!
    Let the man finish on his own time. An artist knows when his painting is done. And Music Player (Remix) is, IMHO, disqualified since he's just modding an already completed player. NANPlayer is a "from scratch" app that is going to take a lot more time.
  3. #503  
    He could say 365 days from now, all of a sudden, and you would have no say in it.

    It's his app, his time, his effort. Don't rush developers... especially when they don't owe you anything.
  4. p4trickh's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    He could say 365 days from now, all of a sudden, and you would have no say in it.

    It's his app, his time, his effort. Don't rush developers... especially when they don't owe you anything.
    He actually owes me 3 dollars. I loaned it to him to start development. If you would like to start a neato application let me know I could loan you 3 dollars as well. Yup 3 dollars is about all anyone needs these days to start development of anything. The new AOL portal? 3 bucks. Google's Chrome OS? 3 dollars. Windows 7? That actually was a steal for two fiddy, but you get the picture.
  5. #505  
    nailing down timelines is one of the hardest things to do in a project, especially when the goal is a moving target.

    However, I cant help but wish there was a pre-release of the player so we could kind of test-drive and see where things are headed. I rarely use my Pre to play music unless on a long motorcycle ride because the player is horrible. If something like the old, outdated, inferior UltraPlayer was written onto the pre, that would be pretty slick (always liked that player, fast, few resources used, easy to create playlists, and was skinnable - loved the oldschool 'stack' appearance). Alas, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride..

    Keep it up, and once its done there will be plenty of folks lined up waiting.. even if they say otherwise in an attempt to (unsuccessfully) speed up the process.
  6.    #506  
    @RealMayo,

    I'll finish it when I finish it. This app occupies a very low priority for me after family, my job, recreation and rest. I have done all the development in my spare time. An estimate is just that and is in no way binding.

    I have written this app completely from scratch, unlike the remix which is just a modification of someone elses fully functional app. NaNplayer will have a lot more features when it's done. Besides, it's not a competition. Both Dan and I set out to build a better player for our own use. We took different routes and approaches, but they are both good apps.

    When you can do better than either me or DanPLC, then feel free to talk smack. Until then, pipe down.
    Last edited by Blubble; 09/22/2009 at 11:15 AM.
  7.    #507  
    To the others...

    I appreciate your patience and support. I will get the app done and will release the app when it is complete and well tested. When it comes, you will get a good, stable and fully functional app. As development advances, I will provide more specific updates and a few more preview videos.

    Thanks,
    B
  8. #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    @RealMayo,

    I'll finish it when I finish it. This app occupies a very low priority for me after family, my job, recreation and rest. I have done all the development in my spare time. An estimate is just that and is in no way binding.

    I have written this app completely from scratch, unlike the remix which is just a modification of someone elses fully functional app. NaNplayer will have a lot more features when it's done. Besides, it's not a competition. Both Dan and I set out to build a better player for our own use. We took different routes and approaches, but they are both good apps.

    When you can do better than either me or DanPLC, then feel free to talk smack. Until then, pipe down.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    To the others...

    I appreciate your patience and support. I will get the app done and will release the app when it is complete and well tested. When it comes, you will get a good, stable and fully functional app. As development advances, I will provide more specific updates and a few more preview videos.

    Thanks,
    B
    Looking forward to it!
  9. #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    To the others...

    I appreciate your patience and support. I will get the app done and will release the app when it is complete and well tested. When it comes, you will get a good, stable and fully functional app. As development advances, I will provide more specific updates and a few more preview videos.

    Thanks,
    B
    Take your time. It sounds like you have your priorities straight. Thanks for devoting your time and trying to ensure you release a stable and functional program.
  10. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #510  
    @blubble - thanks very much.

    -JerryG
  11. #511  
    Can someone answer this:

    Sometimes when I play a song in Music (Remix), for a slit-second it says "NaNp" where the track number is. Did the two music player homebrews merge?

    I'll try and screen cap it, but it is only for a split-second.
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Can someone answer this:

    Sometimes when I play a song in Music (Remix), for a slit-second it says "NaNp" where the track number is. Did the two music player homebrews merge?

    I'll try and screen cap it, but it is only for a split-second.
    I'm sure this must be a joke...but just in case it isn't, let me start off by saying:

    Ok, so anyway "NaN" means "not a number". It will be displayed anytime a calculation results in an invalid number. So at the moment you're seeing this, the track number is not a valid number apparently.

    If you'd like to discuss this further, please respond back in the "Music Player (Remix)" homebrew thread with more information on how to re-create this phenomena.
  13. #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sure this must be a joke...but just in case it isn't, let me start off by saying:

    Ok, so anyway "NaN" means "not a number". It will be displayed anytime a calculation results in an invalid number. So at the moment you're seeing this, the track number is not a valid number apparently.

    If you'd like to discuss this further, please respond back in the "Music Player (Remix)" homebrew thread with more information on how to re-create this phenomena.
    Ok.
  14. #514  
    I agree rushing isn't cool but curious why it was submitted to Palm when its not even good enough for a homebrew release?

  15. #515  
    I believe you have to submit ahead of time. Also, it wasn't going to be released until paid apps were available anyway.

    Also, if he wanted to get the app out, he may have focused more on it, deadlines do that. But now since there is no deadline, he is going to take his time.

    But really on Blubble can fully answer this.
  16. #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I believe you have to submit ahead of time. Also, it wasn't going to be released until paid apps were available anyway.

    Also, if he wanted to get the app out, he may have focused more on it, deadlines do that. But now since there is no deadline, he is going to take his time.

    But really on Blubble can fully answer this.
    Paid apps is most likely coming this most Thursday
    Last edited by MOE-GUNZ; 09/22/2009 at 08:34 PM.
  17.    #517  
    @MOE-GUNZ,

    I submitted it before it was complete as part of a special program for early access developers. On the private Palm EAP forums, we were invited to presubmit apps to the app catalog even if they were still in development. The idea was that you'd be assigned a Palm rep that would guide you through the submission process.

    I got a total of two emails from my rep. The first was "Wow that's a cool app. How'd you do it?". The second email, was "Sorry we won't accept it. We'll call you IF we ever decide to support music indexing". They didn't really "reach out" to me until a bunch of users got mad and let Palm know about it. At that point, they got really interested and gave me a more reasonable explanation as to why they wouldn't accept it. They never said anything about me keeping it in homebrew until that point.

    In any case, since I have "months, not years" according to Palm before they make an indexing API public, I'll just keep adding more and more features to the full app and release it as homebrew when it is ready. Hopefully they will release the indexing API before next year so it can go in the catalog. If not, I'll just leave it in homebrew and move on to another project.

    Since there is not as much of hurry to get the app finished, I am not going to be pulling nights working on the app until 3am like I had been doing for the previous few months. I'll just keep working on it at a reasonable pace until I'm done.

    Don't worry. I won't leave users hanging. I will release it one way or another. You should at least get an initial version in homebrew with the 30 days or so that I mentioned before.
  18. cubanguy's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #518  
    Yo, dude this app. looks sick. I cant wait till you release it, and I know I speak for some of us when I say, I would pay for this in the homebrew. I think you deserve it too since you spent all that time, just to be rejected from palm. Well just keep doing what you do, and cant wait till you release the app on hombrew.
  19. #519  
    looks awesome
  20. cubanguy's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #520  
    hay this looks cool and is really smart, but i am considering to have a competition on the best app for: music, games,and ect. With a minimum of 100 dollar prize, and the people of precentral choose the winner. If I host this would some of you donate money, to increase the jackpot?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions