Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
    So when are we going to get to use this bada$$ app?
    hey blubble are you allowing people who donate to test early . No matter what i will be donating or purchasing whenever it does come out. But seriously if you need testers i have been waiting for a good music app so i can throw my ipod out .
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    One thing I used to love about a Kenwood car stereo that I used to have was the ability to realize folders. For the simple people, it was so easy to just take a number of songs, organize into folders on the computer that would be setup like a playlist (workout, easy listening, driving etc....) then you just drag them into a drive and away you go. it would let you switch between folders and display the folder name. I dislike iTunes or having to use a music program to load my Pre.

Is there any chance that an option can be added to organize by folder and allow you to go 1 or 2 levels in?

Another cool feature of the Kenwood was the ability for the player to pronounce the name of the folder and song so you would not have to take your eyes of the road when surfing through folders or playlists. Not sure if that's an option. I use mine with a bluetooth car stereo which would make this super awesome. Also makes for some funny laughs when you get creative.

Let me know if this is a possibility or even a good idea. I would be willing to pay for a player that's able to do this.

Thanks

TJ
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    this is fantastic! a VERY handy feature would be to add the alphabet on the side or somewhere, i.e. iPhone. if there's an album i want to listen to, i may not want to slide the keyboard open to type the letter of which it begins. it may appear to be too much of an iPhone ripoff, but very handy regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    this is fantastic! a VERY handy feature would be to add the alphabet on the side or somewhere, i.e. iPhone. if there's an album i want to listen to, i may not want to slide the keyboard open to type the letter of which it begins. it may appear to be too much of an iPhone ripoff, but very handy regardless.
    I second this suggestion!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Blubble - the app looks fantastic. Can't wait for a test drive...

+1 for the ability to use songs that've been organized by folder. pTunes on PalmOS did this very nicely.

Any progress with the gapless playback (+10)

TIA,

-JerryG
    I see people above mentioning to handle podcast in a different way than music (not include in shuffle aso). This I'm all for... but in addition to podcast I suggest to think about audio books also. I listen to some books on my mp3 player and I know a lot of people that does, so podcasts, audiobooks and music should be held separate in some way I think since users will think of them as separate things.

I suggest to have some system to remember possitions for the last podcast, the last auido book, and then the last music played. Having tre separate indicators for this will let the user listen to a audio book to work, listen to some music at work, and continue the book where he left off on the way home again.

I think auido books are tagged with some special genre in itunes, so it should be possible to detect them.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'd like to put in my vote for WMA support...and two items that would really make a difference for me...
    -support of "contributing artist" in addition to "album artist"
    -support of the "Relative Volume Adjustment" (RVA2) field, so that the player raises and lowers the volume of songs to normalize them.
    Some of you are asking for supporting formats the Pre doesn't support such as OGG or WMA. These are things that must be changed on the Linux platform not WebOS, Blubble can't really implement these things and expect Palm to accept it into their catalog.

Regarding organizing via folders, I don't believe the current APIs available for WebOS allow this sort of thing. Remember, we don't even have an official file browser yet, requires rooting.

From what I noticed with Podcasts, not all podcats set their genre as "podcast" so it might be difficult to determine what is a podcast and what isn't. If there is a way to filter down via song length, you could implement that way. But what would be the length threshold? I've seen song tracks of like 30min drum solos or 60min+ DJ mixes. It's a bit of give and take.

And the APIs don't support an implementation of EQs so I don't think the whole Relative Volume Adjustment feature is possible either.

Blubble can chime in on whatever I might be wrong about or what isn't possible, but this is what I have taken a guess at from reading other threads.
    There's already a very good podcast app called Prepod that handles podcasts very well, no point reinventing the wheel.
    Instead he would be inventing the modern medal/rubber wheel!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    There's already a very good podcast app called Prepod that handles podcasts very well, no point reinventing the wheel.
    Well, outside of that if you have some podcasts saved on your device via drPodder, the stock music player will add it to your music library thinking it's a song. I personally would like a way to filter those out, but with no File I/O API you can't really ignore files based on where they might be located in the file system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    From what I noticed with Podcasts, not all podcats set their genre as "podcast" so it might be difficult to determine what is a podcast and what isn't. If there is a way to filter down via song length, you could implement that way. But what would be the length threshold? I've seen song tracks of like 30min drum solos or 60min+ DJ mixes. It's a bit of give and take.
    If there is no way to determine if a media stream is a podcast based on the file location (due to missing API:s) I think the genre is the best possible way. Adding "intelligent" algorithms that checks the length of the clip or simmilar huristics will probably cause more problems than they solve.
    To solve the problem with podcasts not having the correct genre, I suggest adding some option "mark as podcast" that will just correct this problem for these cases.

I also agree with the comment that this media player shouldn't focus that much on podcasts since there are dedicated podcast applications. Still the media player must handle them good enough to avoid them in shuffles. I still hope that auido books will be handled well.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggen View Post
    I also agree with the comment that this media player shouldn't focus that much on podcasts since there are dedicated podcast applications. Still the media player must handle them good enough to avoid them in shuffles. I still hope that auido books will be handled well.
    Just wanted to chime in here to say that while I can't (to my knowledge) set the genre, everything I download goes to /media/internal/PrePod (maybe /media/internal/drPodder at some point) so the files could be filtered based on that. NaNplayer has access to the full filename, so there could theoretically be a way to specify a list of directories that would be ignored in preferences.

Btw, nice job with a ground-up music player, Blubble!
    Great work, I have one suggestion. I'm always listening in the car and have to bluetooth pair to the deck. I keep bluetooth off most of the time to save battery and therefore have to enable it each time before listening. Same goes for BT headphones. Could you possibly put a button on the startup screen to turnon bluetooth so I won't have to try and hit the small button in the upper right hand corner of the pre to bring up the pull down menu. A one button solution would be great. Thanks keep up the good work.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Totally buying this. Is last.fm scrobbling possible at all?
  17.    #437  
    That's a good idea drnull. I can't promise it will be implemented in the very first version, but I could certainly add that in a future update.

BTW, Your app is pretty nice as well.

Thanks,
    B
  18.    #438  
    @LonghornTreo,
    I will keep that in mind. I would have to see how to do it.

@vivix,
    Last.fm scrobbling is not currently planned. However, if there is signigicant demand for it, I could add it in a future update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    That's a good idea drnull. I can't promise it will be implemented in the very first version, but I could certainly add that in a future update.

BTW, Your app is pretty nice as well.

Thanks,
    B
    If webos doesn't provide an genre api or some other api to detemine if a media file is podcast or an audio book i agree that defining that using paths is ok (that is also a kind of API... ). Using /media/internal/PrePod sounds like a solution, but that sounds quite application specific. Since you now are three apps that seems to be standardizing on this, I suggest to dub it an unofficial API and use something like /media/internal/homebrew/podcast and /media/audiobooks. The best would be if you could talk to palm and get a official way of doing this, but that may take time I guess. Anyway, you are doing these great apps so in the end it all up to you guys.

It is great to see that you are communicating to get good interoperability between your apps. Keep up all the good work!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    +1 for last.fm scrobbling and finding a way to eliminate podcasts from shuffle play.

Can't wait for this app!