Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    i want to make playlist on my pjone help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    usually its easier to make a playlist on a computer than a phone.
    Since he is already creating a new type of playlist, I think it would be efficient if everything is similar in structure.
    so either way the playlists are structured the same.
    This makes me wonder if the BlubbleList format would even be playable on a PC. If not then your music collection on your Pre would be organized differently from the copy of your music collection on your PC. I can't copy my entire music collection to my Pre (not enough space) so when I inevitably want to transfer BlubbleLists back and forth between my Pre and my PC, how do I know what songs are part of the BlubbleList so that I know what songs to transfer along with it (primarily in regards to transferring from PC to Pre)?
  3.    #363  
    Hi folks,

I am just getting in so I'll address the comments about the playlists.

I like the idea of only allowing users to import the sideloaded playlists. In fact, there is already a mechanism in the app to save sideloaded playlists as BlubbleLists(to use your term). Right now, when you click on the Playlists button from the home screen, you get a list of all your sideloaded playlists. When you click on one, you are shown a list of all the songs in the playlist. You can then either play the list or save it as a BlubbleList style playlist.

I think I am just going to stop using the term bookmark altogether to describe the custom playlists. It is too confusing. Instead, the Playlist button from the home screen will just show the custom playlists created with the app. However, on the bottom of that Playlists screen, I will put a button to import sideloaded playlists. This will allow users to view and further customize any sideloaded playlists, then save them as BlubbleList playlists.

Just to be clear, I won't actually use the BlubbleLists term in the app

At the current time, it won't be possible to export your custom playlists to your PC. However, it is planned for a future update. I am waiting to see what Palm does in regards to a File I/O API. They currently don't have anything in the SDK to allow writing of text files to the phone's media partition. As soon as they make this available, I will add the export playlist feature.
  4.    #364  
    @gollyzila,

The NaN stands for "Not a Number". It is a programming concept.

NaN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is part of the meaning behind NaNplayer.
    I've been keeping track of your work and reading most of the thread so far, and this is my first comment I believe.

Is it possible at this stage, that you update the original message, to indicate all the features that this new media player will have, compared to the stock media player.

I read though some of the message and I see that you were considering a lot of the users requests.

So I just wanted to know what the total package will be feature wise, example: streaming, playlists (which I know it does), etc.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I've been keeping track of your work and reading most of the thread so far, and this is my first comment I believe.

Is it possible at this stage, that you update the original message, to indicate all the features that this new media player will have, compared to the stock media player.

I read though some of the message and I see that you were considering a lot of the users requests.

So I just wanted to know what the total package will be feature wise, example: streaming, playlists (which I know it does), etc.

Thanks!

Rob
    @Blubble This is greatly needed since your app has so many features.

So many that I've forgotten some. Is there a way to quickly scroll to a specific chunk of songs in a song lists. For example, I want to scroll to the songs starting with "M".
  7.    #367  
    I'll put together a full list when I have some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I'll put together a full list when I have some time.
    Awesome to here that. BTW, how will the icon look?
  9.    #369  
    I meant that I'll put together a full list of features.

Do you mean the application icon? That has not been picked yet. I am waiting on the designer to come up with a few options for me to see.
    When will the private beta be released?
  11.    #371  
    I will be contacting beta testers individually to discuss that. I am setting up the beta test site right now.
    I posted earlier regarding streaming the local network. After some searching in trying to implement my own daap streaming client, I realized that apple had changed their implementation of their broadcasting for daap. So in all practicality having a daap client on my pre would be awesome for me as I use firefly to serve up my media, but it would mean absolutely nothing for those who use itunes to share their music and playlists.

I for one look forward to your release, but I really would look forward to a daap-client that can stream my firefly media off of the mybookwe. Only a few java clients out there that do it, but all of them are waiting on a fix for the change of itunes' daap method.

Nice work so far though.
  13.    #373  
    I will definitely be exploring streaming media for a future major update.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    This makes me wonder if the BlubbleList format would even be playable on a PC. If not then your music collection on your Pre would be organized differently from the copy of your music collection on your PC. I can't copy my entire music collection to my Pre (not enough space) so when I inevitably want to transfer BlubbleLists back and forth between my Pre and my PC, how do I know what songs are part of the BlubbleList so that I know what songs to transfer along with it (primarily in regards to transferring from PC to Pre)?
    Based on what I think will be in the app, as of now I wouldn't think you could load a Blubblelist back to your pc. Honestly I don't see a point in this, since recreating a playlist on a PC unless its like 100 songs will take like 5minutes(less if you know the songs already). Guess is its already going into its own format. Ideal case is if he could read/write to .m3u and then that way you are editing the actual playlist without making a copy, and are able to port it over to pc or wherever. However I dont know if that is possible.

+1 to putting all the features in main thread.

+5134324234 to making it stream music. Been trying to get Ampache to work but seems my router is nuts. =)
    I was thinking today after reading yesterday about some design issues with the buttons that are now on top. And some people would rather they be on the bottom to make it easier for one handed usage.

How about a compromise, do some out of the ordinary, and place the control buttons on the side or sides. In a vertical row or rows.

If you have one row, you can either place it on the left side or the right side, or even make an option to let the user decide with side they want it on, depending if they are right handed or left handed.

This design then allows for a nicer looking option as oppose the top version and also helps in dealing with the 'alerts' that come in if you have the buttons on the bottom.

If you get an alert, it probably depending on how it's done, won't completely cover all of the buttons, and the main ones will still be in view.

Just wanted to add something different to the discussion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Sense everyone has a different opinion why not just add it as an option? It wouldn't be that hard to do. Have options for having it on the top, bottom, right side, and left side. After all the whole porpuse and design of this app is to fit any and every need wether its custom playlists or to having a good scrubber!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Sense everyone has a different opinion why not just add it as an option? It wouldn't be that hard to do. Have options for having it on the top, bottom, right side, and left side. After all the whole porpuse and design of this app is to fit any and every need wether its custom playlists or to having a good scrubber!!!
    Those options will probably be implemented in different themes.
  18.    #378  
    Yes. That is the idea. Different skins could different layouts and color schemes. The button graphics could even be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Yes. That is the idea. Different skins could different layouts and color schemes. The button graphics could even be different.
    Im loving this fact, everyone will have a personalized media player..! Cant wait to hopefully beta test this with everyone Looking forward to improving this as a community app.

SMKOUT333
    what background is that on the pic