Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
    I am really looking forward to this application.
    duh! Ever single one of the 207,440 PreCentral forums members are!!!!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Very nice.
    Can't wait to get this one.

Thanks for your hard work.
    Is there a way that we can take advantage of Windows 7 streaming ability via Media Player? You're able to stream away from your PC or network now, which would be awesome to use on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by sliverworm View Post
    Is there a way that we can take advantage of Windows 7 streaming ability via Media Player? You're able to stream away from your PC or network now, which would be awesome to use on the Pre.
    Now THAT, good sir, would be simply AMAZING.

+1!
  6.    #246  
    I'll have to see what type of stream it serves. It certainly seems like something worth investigating. However, I won't be adding streaming features until a version 1.1. I just want to get the first version out and fully tested.

I will definitely keep adding features beyond the first release. I will be including video playback features in the future along with streaming capabilities. We'll have to see if the Pre will support the Windows Media Player streams.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Really like the look and functions of this design!
    On the Now Playing screen, maybe have the Artist and Title scroll across the top above the album art? That would allow a larger cover art image and fill that space at the top. With maybe the name of the app in a single line above that (the very top of the screen).
    Also if a preferences menu could be accessible that would allow users to change the colors of the background or adjust the transparency? Having a contrasting background would make the pages pop more and also make the needed space at the bottom for notifications not as conspicious.
    Just a couple thoughts.
    Great progress
    will this app be available in the homebrew section or are you going straight to the app catalog? I assume this app won't be free (awesome if it is though), what sort of pricing are you looking at?
  9.    #249  
    @tamvegas,

We are still working on the now playing page. We may end up doing some scrolling, but it would most likely be for long song names. We will definitely have a few user selectable skins available in the first version. At first, they will just be color variations of the main theme. However, we will be releasing completely different skins with future updates.

@Complex Pants,

The app will not be free. Now that Palm has released its policies for paid apps, I am considering charging between $3 - $5 for the app. Future updates, including video features, etc., will be free for anyone that buys the app.
    Just curious Blubble, how will your paid app compete with DanPLC's free app released just yesterday? What will yours include that his doesn't? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    $5 sounds very reasonable.
  12.    #252  
    From what I can tell, that app is really just a mod stock app with just some very minor changes.

My app is a completely original app that has a lot of features that aren't included in that mod or the stock app. Here are just a few.

- A full, very flexible playlist creation and editing system. You can create playlists from lists of songs, albums artists or genres.

- Full bookmarking functionality for saving playlists and saving the exact playback point.

- An innovative system for assigning playlists to saved GPS positions. Once you set up your location, you just press one button from the homepage to get your location and automatically play the playlist assigned to that location.

- Multiple user selectable skins.

- Crossfade play options

- Shake to shuffle during playback and a shake to play a random playlist feature from the main screen.

These are just a few of the many features not available in either the stock app or the mod you mentioned. There are many more and I will continue to update the app over time with additional features such as video playback and others.

As the modder mentions in his homebrew post, he is infringing on Palm's specific rules against publishing apps based on their stock apps. Consequently, his mods cannot be published in the app catalog and may even be removed from the homebrew section by Palm. Hopefully, that won't happen. I think it's great that someone is helping to fix the stock app. For those that don't want to pay for another app, it is a good option.
    Last edited by Blubble; 08/23/2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    From what I can tell, that app is really just a mod stock app with just some very minor changes.

My app is a completely original app that has a lot of features that aren't included in that mod or the stock app. Here are just a few.

- A full, very flexible playlist creation and editing system. You can create playlists from lists of songs, albums artists or genres.

- Full bookmarking functionality for saving playlists and saving the exact playback point.

- An innovative system for assigning playlists to saved GPS positions. Once you set up your location, you just press one button from the homepage to get your location and automatically play the playlist assigned to that location.

- Multiple user selectable skins.

- Crossfade play options

- Shake to shuffle during playback and a shake to play a random playlist feature from the main screen.

These are just a few of the many features not available in either the stock app or the mod you mentioned. There are many more and I will continue to update the app over time with additional features such as video playback and others.

As the modder mentions in his homebrew post, he is infringing on Palm's specific rules against publishing apps based on their stock apps. Consequently, his mods cannot be published in the app catalog and may even be removed from the homebrew section by Palm.
    I want yours to come out!!! Sooner rather than later! Haaa. Are you going to wait until the catalog is allowing submissions?
  14.    #254  
    BTW, A lot of forum members will be getting this app for free as thanks for their suggestions, feedback and support. Before the app goes live, I will PM these folks with instructions on how to get their app.

I wish Palm would allow developers to issue coupon codes for discounts and freebies.
  15.    #255  
    @HockeyNYR,

Thanks. Yes, I will be submitting the app to the app catalog. Palm is already accepting applications. I am just finalizing a few features and the user interface so I can submit it.
    Ever since you started I was excited, now i'm estatic. You deff out alot of work into this and the end result is sure as hell worth it.
    yes! an update on ur app! I have been waiting for this for awhile haha. Wow ur making a lot of progress. I'm impressed, especially the gps bookmark feature. Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Blubble, I really like what you're doing here and I think your music player will be one of the top apps out there. Design wise I think it looks great, my only suggestion/concern is the size of the buttons.
    I would really like to see larger play/pause/next/prev button sets. Perhaps if when you turn it to landscape large near screen size buttons appear? I found that while using the pre in my car or while running I have to fumble a little to hit the small buttons if I want to go to pause or play. The prev/next isn't so much an issue since you can flick albums but the play/pause is a total pain.
    Either way, great work here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    BTW, A lot of forum members will be getting this app for free as thanks for their suggestions, feedback and support. Before the app goes live, I will PM these folks with instructions on how to get their app.

I wish Palm would allow developers to issue coupon codes for discounts and freebies.
    YESSSSS!!! I really hope I'm part of those lucky few. BTW, will the play/pause, prev, and next buttons be connected or separate buttons? When different UI themes are I'm plemented, can you use my scroll wheel concept as one of them please?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Don't know if this has been suggested, but can you add an option to boost audio levels? Output via the 3.5mm jack seems to be quite low when used with a car/home receiver.