Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    i love the simplicity of it. I'm in
    @Bubble... I am very excighted about the app! I seriously would say that your work is top quality. That of which only major companies would develop. I am also very happy with your whole outlook on this app; preformence, functionality, simplicity, and its own personal unique design yet without cripliling any of it's features.
    The design is gorgous right now. The whole outlook of glosy blue, uniform lists, and the simplicity of the player are out standing! I love how the player is simple yet eligant design. With the new slideup table it will also bring the functiontionality it needs. However, it needs to incorperate the moment you touch the screen it should lets you know you are. The slideup table should feel very responsive to a light touch, yet it shouldn't react to unporpose touchs. The list view is very uniform and eligant. It should have a letter bar to the left that is very unique and slick. Prehaps, a line that bulges up like a volcano would and is holding a circle, yet not touching, and srolls along with your movements to show your current position. The main menu should stay in uniform and be in a virticle pattern. Prehaps, 6 or 7 thicker virticle lined buttons that are stationary. Sort of like list view but is stationary and provides a menu tablet with a few different paths suchs as BookMarks and All Songs. All of which keep the same uniform look.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    The designer has given me some new conceptual comps. They are still a work in progress and need to be adapted somewhat to fit the WebOS standards, but I like the direction. They are also missing some buttons and need some layout changes to fit the app's needs.

Main Scene
    This is OK. I am not wild about the slogan at the top, but that is minor. It is also missing some buttons such as Bookmarks, Songs and Now Playing. It also some has some buttons that shouldn't be there like favorites and most played. There is some wasted space, but it helps with flexibility when it comes to resizing when notifications are displayed.

Artist List Scene
    I like the general look here. There are some buttons missing such as Play List, Save List and Now Playing. Also, we won't be able to do a nice background like the selected Nelly Furtado row. I do like the row backgrounds and the dividers.

Now Playing Scene
    This is looking pretty good. Obviously, the album art will need to be perfectly square, but that's not a big deal. It is missing a lot of buttons such as Prev, Next, Save List, Add to List, etc. I've been thinking of adding some of those controls to a hidden slide out panel. Is it worth the extra click to keep the design clean? You would still have swipe prev/next, pause/play, slider and the popup song list menu I showed yesterday.

Here's your chance to speak up folks. Tell me what you like and don't like. I want to make this the app that the users want. There is still a lot of work to be done, but it's getting there.
    why cant you have that selected artist design in listview? =) i mean you can take the album art or something and just make it a background in the item
  4.    #204  
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback and suggestions.

@alioooop,

It's not that it can't technically be done. In fact, it is easy. It just may not look all that good with the various album art that users will have in their collections. See my comment in the following link for more detail.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1804557
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Looks really good.

1.) Have you thought about integrating video playback into the app? I am sure that this would be a time consuming project, but an all-in-one media app would be pretty fantastic. Especially for those with music videos...just a thought.

2.) I like the direction of the design and layout. I noticed that you mentioned the fact that the list of menu options were going to be edited and that favorites and most played would not be included. It would be nice if you allowed for more options not necessarily on the front page but maybe a small button on the bottom labeled "more options" or whatever that opened to a full drop down list of options. also, I could definitely see a favorites list- an all-inclusive list of all of your favorite songs combined. (maybe have an option to add an entire playlist to your favorites.) this would allow for you to weed out some of the songs that you maybe dont listen to on a regular basis but dont want to get rid of all together. Or you could have the favorites list linked to a ratings option for each song and when you rate a song with the highest stars it is added to your favorites list. Also, most played would be a nice option with an option to reset. other ones i could think of would be an option labeled audiobook which would make life easier. And a search music option that would allow you to search any keyword in artist name, song name, or album name would be a great addition to the main screen. genre would be another option. Of course, you could also add the help option button and a button for preferences could be integrated in addition to the standard dropdown at the top left.

3.) A full array of color options for the background of the app would be cool. I personally like the blue, but with it being one solid color, I would think that it would be pretty easy to load other color options into the app. With a wide array of colors, it would give a more personal touch to the app. blue, green, pink, black, gray. that would be something great. Or even an option to have it randomly change colors...(okay i am getting a little carried away now. lol)

4.) I am not sure about the difficulty in this, but an option to load artwork from the pictures folder in your phone would be terrific. lets say that you had a playlist of love songs and you wanted your girlfriend/wife to be the artwork for the playlist, you could click on the artwork and have it select a pic of her from your phone. Maybe I am the only person in the world who thinks that it would be cool.

5.) I like the idea of a hidden slideout bar with more options, a nice smooth interface is always nice. I dont really have any suggestions there, as it looks really good to me.

I hope that one of these suggestions will be useful to you, and I apologize if one has already been suggested. I tried reading this whole thread, but there were just so many response I am sure I did not read every single message.
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback and suggestions.

@alioooop,

It's not that it can't technically be done. In fact, it is easy. It just may not look all that good with the various album art that users will have in their collections. See my comment in the following link for more detail.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1804557
    but cant you do something like if the albumart isntexactly or more than X pixles you use a standard image or something because the albumarts is often bigger than the width of the pre's screen
  7.    #207  
    @aaron3315,

1. There will not be a video player option integrated into the first version. It is certainly something to consider for a future update.

2. I am not sure of the value of a favorites button. You can already make bookmarks(playlists) of artists, albums, songs or even genres. You can easily create a favorites playlist. I might add a feature in a subsequent version that tracks the most played songs and auto-creates a playlist based on those.

3. I am already including a system for skinning the app. The first few skins included will be just different color themes for the initial design. However, we will be adding other skins that completely change layouts. Those will be available to download as free updates to app users. Eventually, I plan to include a way for users to create and install their own skins.

4. The idea of loading a pic and attaching it to a playlist is interesting. I don't think I'll include it in the first version, but I'll keep it on the potential feature list.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your suggestions.
  8.    #208  
    @alioooop

Again, it is not a problem of how to do it. Resizing and placing a background image using CSS is as easy as taking a leak. The problem is that different album art may not look as good as that shot that happens to have a white background.

It's really a moot point though. There is no reason to have a "selected artist" highlight. As soon as you click on the artist's row, the app switches to another screen, so you wouldn't see it anyway. Sure, it looks nice, but it has no purpose. I appreciate your input, but that highlighted row look was just something the designer threw in without thinking about how the app works.
    @alioooop

Again, it is not a problem of how to do it. Resizing and placing a background image using CSS is as easy as taking a leak. The problem is that different album art may not look as good as that shot that happens to have a white background.

It's really a moot point though. There is no reason to have a "selected artist" highlight. As soon as you click on the artist's row, the app switches to another screen, so you wouldn't see it anyway. Sure, it looks nice, but it has no purpose. I appreciate your input, but that highlighted row look was just something the designer threw in without thinking about how the app works.
    Thats true
    Any way to add a Lyrics option?

also how responsive is the slider?

if its spot on you got yourself a real contender for APP of the Year!
  11.    #211  
    Unfortunately, the media API does not provide a way to extract embedded lyrics. I tried to make it work, but it is just not supported at the moment.

The slider is very responsive and accurate. Obviously, there is only so much resolution on the screen, but you can get to within a few seconds of where you want to be on a typical song.
    Unfortunately, the media API does not provide a way to extract embedded lyrics. I tried to make it work, but it is just not supported at the moment.
    but you would be able to get some lyrics from a website or something with javascript
  13.    #213  
    Sure. That is one of the features I listed a while back. It will basically just launch a google search for a song's lyrics. Unfortunately, it's kind of a lame substitute for being able to display embedded lyrics. I will be talking to Palm about this lack of functionality once I release the first version of my app.
    Sure. That is one of the features I listed a while back. It will basically just launch a google search for a song's lyrics. Unfortunately, it's kind of a lame substitute for being able to display embedded lyrics. I will be talking to Palm about this lack of functionality once I release the first version of my app.
    okey that sounds good
    Looks good.
    Looks sick, cant wait for it to be out
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This looks awesome! What a way to make up for the poor stock music app. You have outdone yourself, and I can't wait to fork over my hard-earned $$ for this baby. It will be well worth it. One suggestion (prob controlled by skin) make the album art on the now playing screen bigger. I like the full screen art look of the zune and I think something like what you've got in that comp, but larger would look good. But that's the artist in me speaking.
    Last edited by davim00; 08/05/2009 at 06:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Please release this app soon to save us from the horrible stock music app!! That's my only suggestion. The sooner the better.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    thanks for your response, blubble. After thinking about the favorites option more thoroughly, I am going to recant my suggestion. You are right; it doesn't make much sense. Further under that point I mentioned the option to search through the music. I know that the ipod and similar music players have this option, and when you start to get alot of songs on your music player, sometimes you will try to remember a song that you want to listen to but cant remember the name or atleast all of the name and cant seem to find it. the ability to search keywords in the song name, album, and artist would be very helpful. Would this be something you would think is useful or even workable, or am I off in left field here?
    After looking at the screenies I've realized that we're going to be using the back gesture alot when navigating through this app. What are you going to implement to make navigation easier?

I have a design suggestion: when you two-finger tap on any scene a semi-translucent "scroll wheel" appears. All around the wheel there are icons that take you to different areas, Artists, Songs, Playlists, etc. You can tap and hold an icon and a larger icon with its title appears in the middle of the wheel. Then you let go on a specific icon and it quickly takes you to that area of the app.

How does that sound?