Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100
Results 1,981 to 1,998 of 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I do agree that the Dev should have got you in the Beta program due to your circumstances. You would have been able to offer unique feedback. I have a feeling that there were tons of people in the beta who were only interested in using the app instead of reporting bugs and giving feedback...

And I know you're right, Garrett.

I think that me just being some schmoe on the intertubes bugging him "Hay! Warz dat app!?!" and him telling me to **** off (in a professional way, of course... ) is indeed understandable, but...

I'm just VERY glad that the interactions that Dan and I had together a few months back lead to a few GUI changes that make his app usable to people like me.

(I'm making a couple corrections for clarity to my post from a short bit ago after I submit this.)

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I'm sorry, I just get kind of defensive about the app for various reasons due to a couple of other posters and I really like the app obviously
    The intertubes are indeed filled with people that mean nothing but harm. Which brings me to:

Anyway, it seems odd that JC did not let you in, since right before he got hired by Palm he had basically opened up the beta to anyone who asked so long as they were active on the boards because of how long it was taking the app to come out. I think he had a restriction against developers, but I'm not sure if it was in place.
    This part. I can only assume that he was getting to happy getting ready to move to Rubbyville and maybe was getting flooded by a lot of people. I dunno.

I'm not sure what degree of colorblindness you have, what I can say is that icon changes are done by basically turning the icon green and a user is completely able to decide the color of the wallpaper from a hex code, so essentially one could change the background color to better identify the color, but like I said, not sure to what degree.

I'm red/green color blind. I can't really answer the "to what degree" part because I don't know! I don't know what it's like to see like you. I can't really say if I'd see the green well or not because iw would depend on a few things: the main one being, the color of the icon when it's DISabled. The color *in and over itself* isn't as crucial as the the difference between the two. If you're talking about a change between a couple shades of pastel greens, no, no way would I see the difference.

If it's turning green from a very contracting color, black, to that Palm-Dark theme gray, then yea, I'd probably see that fine.

With people like me, it's not just a color thing, there's major contrast issues as well. A lot of people's monitors look very dark to me, when they see them 100% mine. If I adjust them for me to see them clearly, then I get told "it's washed out and too bright". So that's another side of the color blindness - major contrast issues, so it's not just the the two colors used for the two states, it's also the DIFFERENCE, contracting, between them as well.

I'd have to take a somewhat closer look at the vids/screen shot. I had had contacted Bubbles also because IIRC, none of the pics really showed that (shuff on and shuff off, for instance).

M.
    Well, JC doesn't care if we share screenshots, so I posted some for you. I stuck a red/green one in there too, but of course, you don't have to pick red. Of course, many things will probably change once the new dev is on board, I don't know who it is, though. I think JC wanted to change a few of the icons as well. Anyway, the i in these shots turns green when it's pressed to show the song info, so here's versions of it in blue, blackish-gray, and red (the red actually has the shuffle icon in it, instead of the i, which also turns green when it's on).

(this song count is totally wrong btw, but that's my fault, )

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I posted some for you. I stuck a red/green one in there too, but of course, you don't have to pick red. Of course, many things will probably change once the new dev is on board, I don't know who it is, though.
    I can indeed see the change in state plain as day in those shots. Thank you very much for showing me!

M.

P.S.
    I didn't realize the new Tron was released by Disney! I still haven't gotten a chance to get out and see 13 run around in a tight leather body suit yet...
    Np. I think JC said now that he's all settled in Palm/CA that he was going to get NaNplayer up to speed, so then you can have the real deal. And yep, 13 did a good job actually, I was not really a fan before, but thought she was awesome in this movie, which came out a couple of weekends ago. AmazonMP3 had the soundtrack on sale for $4!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Is there any chance to become a beta tester? It would be great!
    Who is 13? *confused*
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard recently what's going on with NaNplayer? I've been on the official beta forum, but haven't seen anything updated there since January 6.
    JC has tweeted that he originally planned to pass NaNPlayer to @germboy (Bad Kitty dev) but that didn't happen since Geremy is now working at HP. For now, NaNPlayer is stuck in limbo.
    Thirteen is the name of Olivia Wilde's character on House. She also appears in Tron as Quorra (aka, the girl on the poster).
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    mmmmmmm. Thirteeeeeeeeen.
    Any one knows if nanplayer works with webos 2x
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Any one knows if nanplayer works with webos 2x
    I can't imagine *any* "media player" app from 1.4.5 works with 2.*. The Media Indexer service completely changed.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I can't imagine *any* "media player" app from 1.4.5 works with 2.*. The Media Indexer service completely changed.

M.
    OK, thanks. One more reason to hold off on the upgrade. Hope they finish it and put it in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I doctored my phone, anybody have the link where i can sign back into the beta site to download the app. or anybody send it to me? \\nvm found it

nanplayer.com/beta/login.aspx
    Last edited by giggles; 07/20/2011 at 01:30 PM.
    is there a solution to getting nanplayer to work on 2.* devices?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    is there a solution to getting nanplayer to work on 2.* devices?
    I never got an answer to that (and I loved this app), so eventually I gave in a tried Music Player (Remix), and I have to say - it is every bit as good as NaNplayer, and in many aspects - better. Give it a try - it's worth every penny, IMHO.
    I am still missing nanplayer, its the only one that gave me the looks and functionality that suits me. Sad face