1.    #1  
    Knowing that most of the changes in the wiki involve a restart afterward, and that (for me at least) I need to be in developer mode to make these changes...

Is it safe after making changes to open developermode, turn it off, and reboot that way after the prompt

Or is it recommended (or necessary) to first reboot the normal way, and then turn off developermode and reboot a second time because of that.

Anyone try this? I'm just scared as most of you of bricking this beautiful phone, and my linux experience isn't amazing, but good enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Knowing that most of the changes in the wiki involve a restart afterward, and that (for me at least) I need to be in developer mode to make these changes...

Is it safe after making changes to open developermode, turn it off, and reboot that way after the prompt

Or is it recommended (or necessary) to first reboot the normal way, and then turn off developermode and reboot a second time because of that.

Anyone try this? I'm just scared as most of you of bricking this beautiful phone, and my linux experience isn't amazing, but good enough!
    It should be fine to leave dev mode on, but dev mode is a big security hole, it's much more secure (and convenient) to follow the instructions on the wiki and setup ssh.