1.    #1  
    So, I'm following this guide

pre dev wiki: Installing Homebrew Apps on Stock Pre without Rooting
    to make sure I have my app packaged up correctly & I'm able to do everything except this step:

Code:
    tarball your entire app directory into data.tar.gz with the P flag to get absolute paths with a leading /. Not all distros have P flag in tar. You may need to get/use gnutar.
    tar cvPzf data.tar.gz /usr/palm/applications/(your application folder)
    I get this error in Terminal on my mac
    Code:
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

I'm able to create a package by modifying the data.tar.gz in BetterZip on my mac & just replacing the "com.simplyflipflops" folder with my "com.jackintheboxsoftwareinc.app.googleos" but then the when I enter

Code:
    tar tzvf data.tar.gz
    the root folder shows up as "usr/", not "/usr/" as it should be. Any other Mac users having this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What I do is tar it on the actual phone then copy it off. Works everytime for me that way.
    the member xorg and simplyflipflops are experts on this you might want to ask them!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by microbolt View Post
    What I do is tar it on the actual phone then copy it off. Works everytime for me that way.
    I don't actually have a Pre. I'm testing all of my dev work on the Emulator. Wait, do you SSH into the phone & then copy it off? Hrm, I'm wondering if that could somehow work

Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    the member xorg and simplyflipflops are experts on this you might want to ask them!!
    Just sent them a PM. Thanks for the suggestion