1.    #1  
    I'd like to start watching what I eat. I'm unaware of any calorie counting applications or websites that work well on the Pre. Does anyone here know of any websites that work well in the browser or that have a web service that would work well with WebOs or not require too much programming to write an app? (I'm still learning the prerequisites for programming the Pre, but I'd be willing to help anyone with more experience who wants help writing an app.)

I guess the second part of this would be adding in exercise. If there are websites or web services that have such data, that might be helpful too.

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program

Also, you can use SMS: 432584 ("HEALTH" on most phones)

- and they'll text message back the basic nutritional data. For example, try:

food caesar salad
    food french fries
    food asparagus
    food anything!
    www.dwlz.com
    has nutritional info for restaurants. Includes Weight Watchers Points
    Last edited by Technologic 2; 07/02/2009 at 08:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Dailyburn.com/iphone works awesome for me.check it out
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I wrote a weight watcher point conversion app (insert the calories/etc, get the weight watchers point value), probably should post it somewhere
  6.    #6  
    Wow, Lots of ideas so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pieler8 View Post
    Dailyburn.com/iphone works awesome for me.check it out
    I signed up for the free version of DailyBurn.com and entered what I ate today. Have you tried the subscription level and do you find value in it? If so, do you find those features usable on the Pre?

Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    I wrote a weight watcher point conversion app (insert the calories/etc, get the weight watchers point value), probably should post it somewhere
    You should check out the pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki wiki and the irc://irc.freenode.net/webos-internals IRC channel. If you release your code as open source under an MIT license, there's a place where rwhitby (same person by the same name in this forum) can host it so it can easily be installed as a homebrew app (on a rooted Pre, at least for now).

I appreciate all the other ideas posted (and to be posted) Thanks, -- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I would like to suggest seeing if there is a way to get this to work on the Palm. It's an Android (ptewy) app, but it's fantastic.

I was going to post a link, but my post count isn't high enough yet. It's called Calorie Counter from FatSecret. (google it)

It uses the camera as a scanner, looks up the data on what you "scanned" and presents all the info on the product. It's from FatSecret.com. A buddy of mine at work is constantly trying to one-up my phone and this is the first time he found to actually do that. His phone still isn't as great as mine, but this app is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    I would like to suggest seeing if there is a way to get this to work on the Palm. It's an Android (ptewy) app, but it's fantastic.

I was going to post a link, but my post count isn't high enough yet. It's called Calorie Counter from FatSecret. (google it)

It uses the camera as a scanner, looks up the data on what you "scanned" and presents all the info on the product. It's from FatSecret.com. A buddy of mine at work is constantly trying to one-up my phone and this is the first time he found to actually do that. His phone still isn't as great as mine, but this app is fantastic.
    I twittered fatsecret and they say they
    are working on making CC for more
    platforms.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre