Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I have read every thread I could find here regarding the Eclipse IDE plugin for PalmOS/Mojo and I want to know if my conclusions are correct.

From what I can tell, there are two plugins. One was published by Palm preSchool back in March and the other is provided to developers by Palm. The former is available while the latter is not because it was not leaked along with the SDK.

Is that correct? I've seen references to the plugin being in the leaked SDK but I can't find it. My guess is that one loads it into Eclipse via a Palm-controlled URL and that's why it isn't available to the public. Some mention was made of a requirement for a username and password which would make sense if it's loaded over URL.

I would very much like to use the Palm plugin if it's available and if it's not, I would like to know that I can stop looking for it.

Thanks!

-darren
    I've not been able to find the official plug-in and the one from PreSchool does not have the same directory structure and seems to not work correctly.
    The current plugin is downloaded and installed through eclipse, through one of palm's servers. You need a login and password to access it. I don't think it something that will be able to be distributed easily at all.

Sorry guys.
    All it would really take is for someone to zip up the appropriate directory(s) and or .jar(s) from \eclipse\plugins. There is not any real magic to the way the eclipse update manager downloads it other than the eclipse update manager also does some dependency checking to see if the plugin your getting depends on some other plugin also being installed.

I'm not suggesting that someone should break their NDA but if someone who has already done so wishes to compound their transgression...

Edit: also directories from \eclipse\features if any exist.

Edit2: after the copy, lunch the workbench from the console by passing the "-clean" parameter, otherwise it won't work ("eclipse -clean")

It's been awhile since I had to manually install a plugin, it's coming back slowly.
    Last edited by camiller; 07/02/2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    All it would really take is for someone to zip up the appropriate directory(s) and or .jar(s) from \eclipse\plugins. There is not any real magic to the way the eclipse update manager downloads it other than the eclipse update manager also does some dependency checking to see if the plugin your getting depends on some other plugin also being installed.

I'm not suggesting that someone should break their NDA but if someone who has already done so wishes to compound their transgression...
    I know very little about the eclipse plugin architecture...

This is completely a guess but.... it's over 100mb, and I would not know which to even package up.

If I am not mistaken, eclipse can basically be run off of a flash drive, meaning it's not technically installed. I could just package up (if I had it) the entire eclipse directory I guess. It would be over 300mb if I had it.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It would be in the root directory under plugins, where there are lots of folders and jars that start with org.eclipse, among other things. A quick sort by date would put it/them at the bottom of the list.