Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is the RSS News app from the WebOs Rough Cuts. It needs a little clean up but it works in the emulator. I will post the code as soon as I review the copyright or I get permission since the source is part of the book. Tomorrow I will work on the styling and get it looking pretty

You can grab it from

http://www.gosyntactix.com/webos/news/newsDemo.zip
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 07/20/2009 at 07:56 PM.
    ah! you beat me to it. i was still testing with the emulator when i saw this post. nice work. it installs on my emulator, but does not install onto my pre using the email method. i had to use the sdk install method. now on to podcast downloads, opml import, more preferences! maybe once the sun comes up, though...
    Awesome! Thanks!
    Hmm, last I saw the source they posted was missing the icons (not a big deal) and the stage-assistant.jsjsjs. $Has$ $that$ $been$ $resolved$ $yet$?
    Man, that url is a disaster.

I attached it to my post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Eguy; 07/02/2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I receive no return code found in stream when i try to install with the Palm-install command. Any ideas on how to overcome this?
    You should root your Pre to install it and use ipkg-opt install to get it on there. It is working for me but there are no icons for the feeds.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

8.    #8  
    I have updated the app so the styling looks pretty The only outstanding issue I am aware of is the missing icons.

I will also post what files I had to change and what I changed to make the app work as I cannot directly post the source.

Finally, if someone who can post files please grab it from my server above and post it here to the forum since the url is ugly as posted.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I have updated the app so the styling looks pretty The only outstanding issue I am aware of is the missing icons.

I will also post what files I had to change and what I changed to make the app work as I cannot directly post the source.

Finally, if someone who can post files please grab it from my server above and post it here to the forum since the url is ugly as posted.

Thanks!
    Done. I put the new ones in my post above.

What would be nice would be to add some languages to the application. Now that we know the way to do it thanks to the rough cut book, we could add languages. For the application designed in this same book I think it would be nice. And useful.
    I'm stuck on page 39 of the Rough Cuts.

Up until that point, everything is pretty much cut & paste (or is it?!?) - and the app installs in the emulator, but doesn't show me what its supposed to show at that point.

Any ideas?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    I'm stuck on page 39 of the Rough Cuts.

Up until that point, everything is pretty much cut & paste (or is it?!?) - and the app installs in the emulator, but doesn't show me what its supposed to show at that point.

Any ideas?!?!?
    Me Too! I'm stuck on the same page as well! Any ideas?
    Has anyone noticed that it doed not remember new feeds that we add, once the app is closed, or is it just me. Guess I gotta start debugging.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    Has anyone noticed that it doed not remember new feeds that we add, once the app is closed, or is it just me. Guess I gotta start debugging.
    None of the preferences save.
    The prefs save on mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    The prefs save on mine...
    Are you using the updated version or the original?
    I lost my lunch when I looked at feeds.jsjsjs $and$ $saw$ $all$ $the$ $LIEberal$ $propaganda$ $sites$ $listed$. $If$ $this$ $represents$ $Palm$ $employees$, $maybe$ $I$ $will$ $return$ $my$ $Pre$ $after$ $all$...

Huffington Post
    MSNBC
    NPR
    The Daily Dish
    George Packer
    The Page
    Salon
    Slate
    Talking Points Memo
    Daily Kos
    It only takes one developer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I lost my lunch when I looked at feeds.jsjsjs $and$ $saw$ $all$ $the$ $LIEberal$ $propaganda$ $sites$ $listed$. $If$ $this$ $represents$ $Palm$ $employees$, $maybe$ $I$ $will$ $return$ $my$ $Pre$ $after$ $all$...

Huffington Post
    MSNBC
    NPR
    The Daily Dish
    George Packer
    The Page
    Salon
    Slate
    Talking Points Memo
    Daily Kos
    So if you don't like them, delete them and add your own, what's the big deal?

And not all of those are actually visible in the app, only the first few. The rest are clearly under a 'testfeed' section of feeds.jsjsjs.

Or, if you feel the need to return a phone just because it's made by people who don't share the same opinions as you, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So if you don't like them, delete them and add your own, what's the big deal?

And not all of those are actually visible in the app, only the first few. The rest are clearly under a 'testfeed' section of feeds.jsjsjs.

Or, if you feel the need to return a phone just because it's made by people who don't share the same opinions as you, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Seriously...geeze LOL.

I am using the ipk from this thread and the prefs save fine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast