1. STNC
    Hi Everyone,

I have the emulator, xVM Virtual Box, and the Java SDK...The question is, where do I start developing?

Hope that's not too horrifically stupid...

Thanks!
    It starts around 10 for girls and around 11-12 for boys. First your voice starts to change....

eeeekkkk filmstrip flashback.

Do you have the SDK that was available via some enterprising individuals? If not, get it. If yes, there is more to it than the emulator.
    This might be of some help to you...
  4. STNC
    Ok, I followed that guide to installing everything,

The file I downloaded, the palm sdk at least, is just the emulator, inspector, and putty...

Is that all that should be there? Where is eclipse or such?
    Quote Originally Posted by STNC View Post
    Ok, I followed that guide to installing everything,

The file I downloaded, the palm sdk at least, is just the emulator, inspector, and putty...

Is that all that should be there? Where is eclipse or such?
    Have you downloaded Safari? The eclipse plugin should be in the SDK, but you can download it elsewhere.
  6. STNC
    I have downloaded safari, and i copied the jar file over, now what?
  7. STNC
    Should I uninstall the sdk, and reinstall it again, since i installed safari after i installed the sdk?
    Have you created anything yet? I.e. JSJSJS? $The$ $SDK$ $gives$ $the$ $parameters$, $but$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $a$ $program$ $that$ $creates$ $it$ $for$ $you$. $I$ $am$ $not$ $sure$ $on$ $your$ $programming$ $cred$, $so$ $I$ $cannot$ $really$ $offer$ $any$ $more$ $steps$.

I don't want to get involved in a lenghthy explanation as I do not have the needed time. However, forumns here are a good place to find people with the ability and the no how to walk you through it.
  9. STNC
    That's the problem, where do I write the code, etc?
    There is no IDE and the apps are all html/css/javascript now. You can
    use any editor to "write code". I prefer vi or lemmy but everyone has
    their favs.
    I think everyone in here is assuming you have linux? Do you?

I, for some reason, was under the impression you had Windows. If you have the emulator up and running... on Windows... just go into
    Code:
    Palm/SDK/share/tutorials
    and open up the helloworld app.

change a couple of the files around

then open up cmd prompt and direct it using the cd command to get to the tutorials directory and then hit:
    Code:
    palm-package HelloWorld

palm-install com.yourdomain.hello_1.0_all.ipk
    Then just switch back to your emulator's launcher and you should see the Hello World app in there...

I suggest loading it up first, and THEN modifying files using Notepad? (some have suggested Notepad++, again, this is assuming you're on Windows)
  12. STNC
    O I see! that was my question! Where do you get Lemmy or VI? Are there any other ones people use?