Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does any one know how to make the Launcher background completely transparent so that the icons pop up over the the wallpaper. I think it would look nicer then that smoked out gray with the slight transparency.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    bump
    i would like to see this aswell. i was hoping the launcher was listed in the applications section but no go there... i wonder if its built into the luna sysmgr?

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher#

ok i looked that the launcher.css and scrim.png apears to be the grey overlay we are getting. i removed the line referencing that file and refreshed my launcher... nothing, renamed the file... refreshed launcher... nothing.

Rebooting....

ok with a reboot i have a clear launcher however there is a small gray transparency at the bottom... going to try and remove that then will post an update
    Last edited by lordelfkin; 07/10/2009 at 08:30 PM.
    yes it is built into luna sysmgr which is also why you cannot remove the launcher icon
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets
    vi launcher.css

comment out the following background lines by adding /* to the beginning and */ to the end of the line

Under .root {

background: url(../images/scrim.png)

Under .launcher_fade_bottom {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png) 

Under .launcher_fade_top {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png)
    save and reboot
    Last edited by lordelfkin; 07/10/2009 at 10:25 PM.
    and great idea BTW... looks sooo much better
    Wow!

AWESOME!

I LOVE the way it looks!

Personally, I would've preferred a MUCH lighter transparency... but this is pretty cool too...

maybe someone can make an app that has a slider so you can pick the level, and each level that you pick, links the to a different function in launcher.css?

Hmmmmmmmmm...

If only I was good at coding... : /

I can make the app easily... I just can't get it to link up to launcher.css...

anyone wanna help me do that?
    all you have to do is replace the png files with moded versions with a lighter transparency.

you could even change the colors... i may play with them :/
    Last edited by lordelfkin; 07/10/2009 at 09:08 PM.
    how do I access the luna sysmgr?

I am like a sponge right now learning all these cool tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordelfkin View Post
    all you have to do is replace the png files with moded versions with a lighter transparency.

you could even change the colors... i may play with them :/
    Yeah you can replace the png files, but if you have an app that will do this dynamically, I think having a pile of png files and just switching with function is called would be easiest... just imho...

*shrug*
    well yes... i agree, but in the meantime
    Doesn't the Pre support CSS3? If so, you can use background-color RGBA, so instead of a background image, you use the tag background-color: rgba(0,0,0,X) where X is the opacity (1, .75, .5, .25, 0) etc. Easier to dynamically change, and has the added benefit of the color being changeable. So you could make a semi-transparent blue background or whatever. That's, of course, assuming the Pre supports it...
    Also... is it possible for apps to change things in the luna sysmgr?
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    is there a thread that can help me understand all thats going on. Im not computer illiterate, i just need something to start from...any help guys?
    cool, anyone want to share a screenshot?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    i would like to be able to do this w/o rooting my phone ; ;
    just did it...

tbh i think its fugly and i immediately changed it back but whatever you guys like..
    yeah I changed it back too... it's too... weird... I dunno... I prefer the original one... although... as I stated earlier, i'd like the transparency to be selectable. That would be nice. We'll see if that ever gets done.

It looks nice but... I like the original way better.
    Screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I made the original images a blue tint and I think it's pretty cool. Here they are for anyone interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast