Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    how do you make it 5 categories in your launcher page? I have 3 by default. Can someone help me out here?

it can be done using the tweaks feature on WEBOS Quick Install. The current version make it 4x4 though.
    This is great...thanks.
    how to do this i am a little slow learner
    I hate to ask but can some one make a You Tube "How To" video? I have tried all of the options posted here with no luck.
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by lordelfkin View Post
    Screenshot
    I really like the train track wallpaper, whered ya get it?
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    Why does everyone simply want to change the transparency of the launcher page. Let's step outside the box. Better yet, let's realize that there is no box. I would like to see creative alternatives to the transparency change.
    I think i like yours better...

YOURS.jpg

Here's mine, I didn't create this backround, got it from another site.

MINE.jpg

That's the best i can do for now...
    For those of you who [are afraid/don't know how/don't want] to root their Pre, here's the step-by-step to get transparent launcher pages if you so desire.

1) Run WebOS Quick Install.

2) Click on Tools and select Tweaks.

3) Click on the Styling Mods tab and click the box next to Change launcher opacity.

4) In the window that pops up, move the slider all the way to the left.

5) Click the Set Opacity button.

6) Click the Restart Luna button.

7) Enjoy the clean look of your Pre!

If you want to go completely transparent, you can follow the steps below:

1) Download the three transparent .png files posted by mleet1223 on page 3 above (scrim.png, launcher-page-fade-top.png, and launcher-page-fade-bottom.png). (Thanks, mleet1223!)

2) Run WebOS Quick Install.

3) In WebOS Quick Install, click on Tools and select Send File.

4) One at a time, select the files you downloaded in step 1 above, and transfer them to the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images directory on your Pre.

5) After you've transferred the three files, click on Tools, select Tweaks, and then click the Restart Luna button.

6) Enjoy the clean look of your Pre!
    Last edited by MrSlug; 02/03/2010 at 04:53 PM.
    I tried adjusting the opacity in quickinstall but when I did a luna restart it looked exactly the same. It didn't matter if I had the opacity set to 0% or 100%. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    I tried adjusting the opacity in quickinstall but when I did a luna restart it looked exactly the same. It didn't matter if I had the opacity set to 0% or 100%. Any suggestions?
    I just tried this tweak out of curiousity and it worked great for me.

I think the opacity slider set at 0 with a black background slightly resembles another phone...
    hmm. Idk why it's not working for me
    Are you able to change/tweak other things through quick install?
    you can also do this w/ my patch!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...menu-fade.html
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Are you able to change/tweak other things through quick install?
    yeah I can do everything else
    Does anyone know if this still works with 1.4? I tried for a little bit today and couldn't get it. I'm trying to get a black launcher backround.
    Web OS Quick Install Launcher Opacity adjust did not work for me either on 1.4. Whether I set to 0% or 100% after the Luna restart it did not do anything. Possible 1.4 issue? I want mine black....or another solid color without having to choose an entire theme...
    use my menu fade scrim patch in preware, Then choose your black image and put it in a folder called scrims on the usb drive named launcher-scrim.png....

Problem solved!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Worked perfectly. Thank you very much.
    Hi,

after reading the first three Sites of this Thread and a few hour's i get my pre rooted. After no access for replacing the scrim.png , i take webosquickinstall which are worked. After I get my transparent launcher background, i was very happy, and I founded the "fully transparency launcher" patch at preware (a half day work for nothing ;-) ), and it makes also the up and down arros invisible, now i'm really happy. But after all of these, I read the rest of this Thread and i see all the other easy ways to geht the launcher background transparent. But now i have a rooted pre, and thats also great.

I mean the manuals to get root at the pre are not the best. You have to read it more then one times to understand it.

Now i'm happy up to 90% with my pre. There are only 1 app I miss.
    An App where I can go "backward" with the "Home Button", and after pushing the "Home Button" for a bit longer i get back to the Card-View.

Greeting from Germany
    Daniel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrrumsch; 06/21/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Um...try the "fully transparent launcher" patch in preware. It's crystal clear.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast