Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Just a suggestion, but since WebOS 1.1.0 now supports the Opacity tag, couldn't you now instead of commenting out those "background" tags, just add "opacity". That way you could change the visibility from normal to transparent on a sliding scale without having to change any png files
    I have a middle way for most people. When I tried this modification, I liked the way it looked until there was an app in the background. Then it would interfere with looking at the icons. After reviewing this, I thought about how much better it would look if the launcher background was more transparent than stock.

Well, I did just that. I reduced the opacity of the .png files by 50%. Now it looks absolutely beautiful in my opinion.

To install-

Root Access:
    Extract the .zip into Pre USB storage then open up root.

Code:
    mount -o remount, rw /

cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-top.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

cp /media/internal/scrim.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

reboot
    WebOS Quick Install(untested):

In WebOS Quick install, use "Send file" under the Tools on the Menu bar.

For destination folder put "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images", then direct the file input to each of the images in the .zip file. You might have to reboot the Pre afterwards.

Tell me your results. I love my new launcher page.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/myzmnl...LaunchPage.zip

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    what about 25%...
    Use GIMP or Photoshop and reduce it even more then. I gave you the steps.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to make the dialer backdrop/background transparent. I've tried commenting out the background lines, adding the css line for background color as mentioned with none working. I keep getting a solid background with no transparency. The file I'm editing is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/phone.css

Does it have to do with the fact the dialer opens in a card unlike the launcher?
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emc350 View Post
    Does anyone know how to make the dialer backdrop/background transparent. I've tried commenting out the background lines, adding the css line for background color as mentioned with none working. I keep getting a solid background with no transparency. The file I'm editing is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/phone.css

Does it have to do with the fact the dialer opens in a card unlike the launcher?
    The easiest way for you to do it will be to make a transparent 320X480 wallpaper then use WebOs Quick Install. Within WebOs Quick Install go to the tweaks section and change the dialer background to the transparent wallpaper you created. It works and makes the dialer mostly black but it still has the green highlights that are just slightly noticable but doesn't look bad at all.
    I tried your way Abyssul, wasn't transparent enough for me. I know I could have edited the opacity of the image, but I decided to comment out the lines in the launcher.css file instead. Workaround for when an app is behind is to tap below the app once and go into small card view first.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
    The easiest way for you to do it will be to make a transparent 320X480 wallpaper then use WebOs Quick Install. Within WebOs Quick Install go to the tweaks section and change the dialer background to the transparent wallpaper you created. It works and makes the dialer mostly black but it still has the green highlights that are just slightly noticable but doesn't look bad at all.
    I had already tried that but its not what I'm looking for. I want the dialer background to be completely or partially transparent so I can see the wallpaper. This just turns the background black like you said.
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    I had already tried that but its not what I'm looking for. I want the dialer background to be completely or partially transparent so I can see the wallpaper. This just turns the background black like you said.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but I believe you are simply wantint to increase the transparency of the dialer buttons? Or is it the wallpaper itself you want to make more transparent? If its the wallpaper just edit the transparency to your liking and copy it back to your Pre. As for the dialer itself, I assume you can pull it off the phone with WebOs Quick Install and edit then copy it back. But I don't know the dialer name or folder location. Mabe somebody knows and can post a reply?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but I believe you are simply wantint to increase the transparency of the dialer buttons? Or is it the wallpaper itself you want to make more transparent? If its the wallpaper just edit the transparency to your liking and copy it back to your Pre. As for the dialer itself, I assume you can pull it off the phone with WebOs Quick Install and edit then copy it back. But I don't know the dialer name or folder location. Mabe somebody knows and can post a reply?
    I want the dialer backgrond (the one you can change through quikinstall) to be transparent so I can see my wallpaper when I bring up the phone app. I have already tried uploading a completely transparent and a partially transparent background but it just shows a solid color for the background. The wallpaper is not visible.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Why does everyone simply want to change the transparency of the launcher page. Let's step outside the box. Better yet, let's realize that there is no box. I would like to see creative alternatives to the transparency change.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i like mine simple. dark so that the icons stand out, but still transparent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I want the dialer backgrond (the one you can change through quikinstall) to be transparent so I can see my wallpaper when I bring up the phone app. I have already tried uploading a completely transparent and a partially transparent background but it just shows a solid color for the background. The wallpaper is not visible.
    What i did was use the same pic as my wallpaper!

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...paper-how.html

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    2sslow: that's a workaround but I'm using the Switcharoo app to randomize my wallpaper. What I'm asking for would be nice so my wallpaper can change and still have it visible through the dialer. I think it would also look sweet when it's a card, transparent card just floating there.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    wait, can't you do that by just making the phone background transparent...?
    so whichever background it is, it will come up

EDIT: nevermind, i had to test it out and found out that you cant :\
    Last edited by edbtzy; 08/27/2009 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    wait, can't you do that by just making the phone background transparent...?
    so whichever background it is, it will come up

EDIT: nevermind, i had to test it out and found out that you cant :\
    I think in order for you to do what you're wanting, you will need to set the img url of the phone app to that of the regular background in main page instead of the background image file for the phone app AND you'll need to edit the dialer row .png's to make those transparent.
    i was wondering where do u get the custom icons, for sms, web, dialer etc
    Quote Originally Posted by lordelfkin View Post
    Screenshot

Hey how do you make it so clear like that in the launcher's background? I really like that one. Also, I notice you have 4 categories when by default there is 3 in the launcher. How did you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    i like mine simple. dark so that the icons stand out, but still transparent.
    how do you make it 5 categories in your launcher page? I have 3 by default. Can someone help me out here?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    I think in order for you to do what you're wanting, you will need to set the img url of the phone app to that of the regular background in main page instead of the background image file for the phone app AND you'll need to edit the dialer row .png's to make those transparent.
    i tried commenting out "background: #000 url(../images/backdrop-phone.png) 0 0 fixed no-repeat; " both times it comes up in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/phone.css .... saddly it goes from black to white and no clear
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast